Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,200 members, 7,811,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics (80140 Views)

Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) / FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) / 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by Buffalowings3(m): 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2018
miracood:
.WAT will they gain by climbing dangerous mountains??

Oyinbo people tire me jare.
But you know say na person wey don belleful go dey think to climb post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by rummmy: 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2018
AlphaStyles:
May her soul RIP
her soul never rest since 31 years ago

1 Like

Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by Sadiyaene(f): 10:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
I don hear
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by davidodiba(m): 10:16pm On Aug 29, 2018
miracood:

What do you expect when the belly is filled with food and drink?
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by Ishilove: 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2018
It is when you have eaten to your satisfaction that you'll think of climbing mountains upandan
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
Follygunners:
R.I.P to the lady! undecided

Mountaineering adventures... Anything could have gone wrong, trust me.. not that she's not good enough. undecided

Even the best of the best, "Rob Hall" died in 1996 on Everest nevertheless, "Reinhold Messner" remains the best climber of all time... cool

What has this lecture got to do with the subject matter?
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2018
OyinbowithaTan:
I know an American guy who had a son snow skiing in Europe. Swiss alps or something. The son went off of a cliff, body never recovered to this day. Happened about 30 years ago.

Hmmm...tales from the icy rocks!

1 Like

Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
aminho:

she died at an altitude of around 13,125 ft on the mountain.
But

A rescue team brought mountaineer Elena Basykina's remains down from 18,510 ft Mount Elbrus in southern Russia.
Did the body moved up?

Na wa for you, my guy. You don scout every word for fault.
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
giftedheart1:
y r you opening your eye duckishly?...

Why are you pointing your nose Elephantly?
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by markusphilyx(m): 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2018
undecidedna wa oo
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by Jerryolumide(m): 10:31pm On Aug 29, 2018
zinnyzee:
Woah
you fine sha. mind if I pm you?
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by profmallor: 10:42pm On Aug 29, 2018
Your question is why they are who they are we sit in our "comfortable huts" till date

miracood:
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by Euclidean(m): 10:46pm On Aug 29, 2018
wonderful
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by fotadmowmend(m): 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2018
NumbEmotions:

I donate Boohaari to go with you for the adventure.
Lol... He can only walk I am not sure that he can climb
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by btoks: 11:50pm On Aug 29, 2018
davidodiba:

What do you expect when the belly is filled with food and drink?
Ironically, it's by been adventurous they've been able to solve their basic issues while we sit and hope.
It's a fact a large percentage of items we use have been created by whites - phones, cars, okada, generators, road surfacing, planes, shoe polish, trains, toilet roll, designer brands, football, television, radio, satellite, lightbulb etc.

If we become adventurous, our bellies can also become filled with food and drink - which way we Africans?
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by fvckme(f): 12:00am On Aug 30, 2018
Explorers:

Body was discovered around 13, 125ft.

18, 510 is the peak of the mountain.

So she died either ascending or descending.

Clear

Oga you are still wrong, it doesn't matter if she died ascending or descending.
With your statement, you said she died at 13,125ft and moved down from 18,510ft.
Except you no do mathematics.
Or if you are trying to say she was brought down from the mountain, but putting the 18,510ft, you are misleading people.
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by olujastro: 12:19am On Aug 30, 2018
Mountain climbing is bae. June 2018 pic.

But Everest or the likes of it is attempted suicide.

2 Likes

Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by Fhowe: 4:16am On Aug 30, 2018
Proflere:
See woman dey climb mountain here, my Fatima no sabi any other thing than to climb my back!!!
no mind naija slay queens na only dick them sabi climb
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by Explorers(m): 4:18am On Aug 30, 2018
deybholar:

Her body didn't move up. The height of mountain is 18,510 ft. She died at 13,125 ft. She didn't die at the top of the mountain.

Thanks, you gat it.

They just described the mountain where she died by saying her body was removed from the 18, 510ft mountain not the spot she died.

Just like saying her body was moved from highest mountain in Europe.

One even said am misleading people.

Like i always say, comprehension can be difficult sometimes and how we interpret statements also differs.

10 Likes

Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by Explorers(m): 4:26am On Aug 30, 2018
olujastro:
Mountain climbing is bae. June 2018 pic.

But Everest or the likes of it is attempted suicide.

This is Fjord, Norway.

Beautiful country, breathtaking nature, on my list.

2 Likes

Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by onadana: 4:28am On Aug 30, 2018
miracood:

It is called adrenaline rush..you won't understand.The peak is the ultimate or nothing.I have being there and I know how it feels..the more you climb the further you want to go.

1 Like

Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by ableguy(m): 5:56am On Aug 30, 2018
Before I opened the thread I already knew it was exploring guy
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by olujastro: 6:21am On Aug 30, 2018
Explorers:

This is Fjord, Norway.

Beautiful country, breathtaking nature, on my list.
Yes, very correct.
It's Pulpit Rock, Lysefjord. The most beautiful rock in Norway.
Two hours up and two hours down.

I hope you hike it some day.
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by Explorers(m): 6:42am On Aug 30, 2018
olujastro:

Yes, very correct.
It's Pulpit Rock, Lysefjord. The most beautiful rock in Norway.
Two hours up and two hours down.

I hope you hike it some day.

I pray bro.

Trolltunga mountain, Fjord cruises, Three sisters fall, Golden route, Atlantic road, Reine, Glaciers and the Northern light.

1 Like

Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by davidodiba(m): 6:45am On Aug 30, 2018
btoks:

Ironically, it's by been adventurous they've been able to solve their basic issues while we sit and hope.
It's a fact a large percentage of items we use have been created by whites - phones, cars, okada, generators, road surfacing, planes, shoe polish, trains, toilet roll, designer brands, football, television, radio, satellite, lightbulb etc.

If we become adventurous, our bellies can also become filled with food and drink - which way we Africans?

I know this very well
But don't you think these persons who were climbing a dangerous terrain were doing it out of fun?
When I was in the secondary, there was a high hill behind my school where some of mates rushed to have some adventure...very high and dangerous terrain filled with snakes, gorillas and bees....
They all came back wounded and bruised with some narrowly escaping a deadly deep pit...so? We too are adventurous.
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by deybholar(f): 7:03am On Aug 30, 2018
Explorers:

Thanks, you gat it.

They just described the mountain where she died by saying her body was removed from the 18, 510ft mountain not the spot she died.

Just like saying her body was moved from highest mountain in Europe.

One even said am misleading people.

Like i always say, comprehension can be difficult sometimes and how we interpret statements also differs.
Don't mind them. Some people even said the mountain grew taller. I just kept laughing. To understand English is one thing, to be able to comprehend is another!

3 Likes

Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by deybholar(f): 7:08am On Aug 30, 2018
fvckme:

Oga you are still wrong, it doesn't matter if she died ascending or descending.
With your statement, you said she died at 13,125ft and moved down from 18,510ft.
Except you no do mathematics.
Or if you are trying to say she was brought down from the mountain, but putting the 18,510ft, you are misleading people.
You don't understand English. They said Eleana's body was brought down from 18,510 ft Mount Elbrus which simply means Mount Elbrus is 18,510 ft high. They were only reporting how high the mountain is. The article clearly stated that she died at 13,125 ft. How is he misleading people now? Comprehension is hard.

4 Likes

Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 30, 2018
Explorers:
Near her body rescuers found her Aeroflot air ticket from Moscow to mountain resort Mineralnye Vody dated 10 April 1987 when Mikhail Gorbachev ruled the Kremlin before the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Her USSR passport was also located among her possessions.

Elena was unmarried and had no children when she died at an altitude of around 13,125 ft on then mountain.

A rescue team brought mountaineer Elena Basykina's remains down from 18,510 ft Mount Elbrus in southern Russia.

she must have gone in search of husband

1 Like

Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by AlphaStyles(m): 7:51am On Aug 30, 2018
rummmy:
her soul never rest since 31 years ago
LOLZ but na now dem just discover her na so we must rip her
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 30, 2018
AlphaStyles:
May her soul RIP
Re: Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics by btoks: 10:13am On Aug 30, 2018
davidodiba:

I know this very well
But don't you think these persons who were climbing a dangerous terrain were doing it out of fun?
When I was in the secondary, there was a high hill behind my school where some of mates rushed to have some adventure...very high and dangerous terrain filled with snakes, gorillas and bees....
They all came back wounded and bruised with some narrowly escaping a deadly deep pit...so? We too are adventurous.

Not fun as such but operating in the zone of achieving one’s full potential. It all boils down to the theory – Maslow’s Hierachy of needs. Once the basic needs of food, security, shelter, love etc have being attained a human generally needs more motivation – these guys are climbing those mountains because they are operating in the Self actualisation zone. They are taking themselves to achieve what they set out to do.

It is the same mentality that has made the whites find solutions to problems and thus keep developing. Some people would have thought it was dangerous to explore the deep oceans but the whites have been able to lay cables down there, this is why we have the internet worldwide and we're able ro communicate via nairaland.

Your mates were exhibiting youthful exuberance – this is present in everyone but tends to be taking out of us especially by the African education system. You never know what they could have discovered by carrying on with their climbing. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America / Sad Truths About Living Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.