Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May (13591 Views)

'I Won’t Change If Reelected' - Buhari Assures / 'We Will Make Nigeria Liveable Again' - Buhari Assures / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2018
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday as assured the visiting United Kingdom (UK) Prime Minister, Theresa May of his commitment to conducting free, fair and credible elections in 2019.

He also welcomed UK’s support at strengthening democratic institutions in the country.

Speaking at a bilateral meeting with his guest, the president said: ‘‘I assure you that I’m all out for free, fair and credible elections.

I’m very pleased that my party is doing very well. The High Commissioner will brief you more. The recent successes in polls in Katsina, Bauchi, and Kogi have boosted our morale greatly.

A statement issued by Femi Adesina, Special Adviser on media and publicity, after the meeting, quoted him as saying: ‘‘Nigeria has accepted multiparty democracy and that is putting politicians on their toes, forcing them to work harder,’’ he said.

On the anti-corruption campaign, the President applauded the British support to the country, noting that the success of the fight was very important to ordinary people in the country.

He added: “We had great opportunities and resources between 1999 and 2014, due to high oil prices. But when we came in 2015, oil prices plunged to as low as 37 dollars per barrel.

‘‘What we have been doing since 2015 is to focus on infrastructure development, despite low earnings. Work is ongoing in roads, rail, power, and many others.”

On Brexit, President Buhari noted that it provides an opportunity to strengthen the historic ties between Nigeria and the United Kingdom.

‘‘We are nervously watching the development about Brexit because we know that the relationship had been on for a long time. I assure you that I am prepared to strengthen the relationship between our two countries.’’

The President also thanked the UK government for the support on security and the fight against insurgency in the North Eastern part of Nigeria, as well as the improved trade relations between both countries.

‘‘I am very grateful to the British government under your leadership for the help in security, particularly your training team that is in our institution in Kaduna,’’ he said.

Earlier, in remarks before the bilateral meeting, the Nigerian leader underscored the need for UK support on reviving of Lake Chad, which is a means of livelihood for millions of people.

The President told the visiting Prime Minister that Europe and China were already conducting an in-depth study on recharging the Lake through inter-basin transfer from the Central African Republic.

In her remarks, Prime Minister May, who welcomed the assurance by the Nigerian government on credible elections in 2019, said she was pleased to be in Abuja to continue the ‘‘excellent discussions’’ she started with President Buhari in London in April, this year, particularly on security, trade, asset recovery and the fight against corruption.

‘‘Security and defence cooperation are very important steps to address Boko Haram and Islamic State in West Africa,’’ May said.

On asset recovery, the Prime Minister told President Buhari: ‘‘we do not want to hold anything that belongs to Nigeria people, but we follow the judicial process, which can be slow.’’

The Prime Minister appealed to President Buhari to use his position as ECOWAS Chair to keep the issue of human trafficking on the front burner in the sub-region.

President Buhari and Prime Minister May witnessed the signing of two agreements: Security and Defence Partnership and Economic Development Forum Agreement.

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/162048/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by Sunofgod(m): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2018
Bloody liar.....

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by Sunofgod(m): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2018
Story...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by Aonkuuse(m): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2018
you can do better sir, even if they wail, you are the incorruptible one

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by Ekez(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2018
As you take do am for ekiti state.
Free and fair my foot

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by bedspread: 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2018
Show it by Taking off the Present INEC chief..

Let's get a Man that Majority of the Major parties will agree to.. Just as was in the Case of JEGA

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by vedaxcool(m): 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
PMB Sai Baba oh Sai Baba even haters can't do without opening threads about you

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by AJOT99(m): 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
We hear you sir!
Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by eleojo23: 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
Na so...

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by MufasaRebirth: 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
This baba still Dey lie at the age of 76 lol what legacy is he gonna leave for his children children angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
Sai baba 2019

1 Like

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
Lifeless lie.

We shall see that:
1. Underaged people will vote.
2. APC will be so desperate to hold on to power thereby leading to arrests, use of 'federal might' to influence the outcome of results.
3. His dictatorial tendencies will be unleashed.
4. If they had their way, they will rope in and arrest all opposition candidates (except those 'working for them')

12 Likes 2 Shares

Nairalanders 'lifelesss' commenters are comin for u sir

3 Likes

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by Segunade10: 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
Rihanna Dancing To Davido AZA Ft. Duncan Mighty In Public

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKduFZbLAUg
Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by allanphash7(m): 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
Good one
Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by Originality007: 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by Greenarrow01(m): 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
The truth is.
Buhari has continued to deliver free and fair elections since 2015.
The only thing is that our politucians keep bribing the voters.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by FYB(m): 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
wink
Now she has talked well ooo.

later we'all read in the news that she told one of her aids that Buhari is not alive.
Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by gift2xl: 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
Big big talk buhari I know. tongue grin
Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by BadiratT: 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2018
Sia Baba
Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by obembet(f): 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2018
Seriously I don't expect buhari to contest... I wish he can nominate a beta candidate and support him... He should just go and rest, also take good care of his health...
Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by nelronaldo(m): 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2018
Is a lie oo Theresa

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by edibobo: 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2018
He is lying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by Buharimustgo: 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
Which free and fair elections?

Demon that doesnt know that pre and after the elections constitute the free and fair elections.

I hate this man,he is a hypocrite and a bloody lair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by seborrhic: 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
Indeed.
By barring an opposition figure from using a national square to declare his presidential ambition,hounding opposition figures,states and governors?
We see your fairness and it smells of cattle dung.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by 9jayes: 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
AJOT99:
We hear you sir!
Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by adebayosun02: 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
Lifeless!
Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by SimplePlan34: 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
Intelligence report confirms buhari is been pressured not to run for second term. But d lifeless president is been compelled to run by the cabals in APC. because they would loose their power bloc if he does not contest. Saraki declaration of intent to run was an informed decision based on dis intelligence report. D surprising thing is that even the Arab power bloc wants Saraki as president.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by BlackSpanner: 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
Has Lai Mohammed confirmed that statement
Re: 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May by megareal: 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
He still looks lifeless. tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff: Textile Union Joins Strike / Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower / Kenyatta to Tinubu: You’re Now Father Of All — Reach Out To Those Aggrieved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.