Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? (1419 Views)

Can I Plant White Beans Now In The Southwest?? / What Can I Plant On This Piece Of Land At This Period. / How Do I Plant Ewedu ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by Bolabas02(m): 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2018
Good day, Agriculturists.

I just secured a land of like 4 plots somewhere around Ogbomoso, and I don't have the idea of the best crop to plant in consideration to the smallness of the available farm land as well as the leaving rainy period. I do intend to make an optimal use of it. So, in this regard, any of your professional advice will be appreciated. Thanks

NB: Reason for suggested plant/crop should be provided, please.
Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by KingSatan: 10:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
Plant Cassava or Yam.

With less supervision, you are still assured of huge yields.

Though it might take some few months to harvest the crops but you will never regret listening to me.

Garri is a staple food and a product of cassava.
Even if you don't want to consume it, you can also sell it either processed or unprocessed. The market is ever ready.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by Bolabas02(m): 11:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
KingSatan:
Plant Cassava or Yam.

With less supervision, you are still assured of huge yields.

Though it might take some few months to harvest the crops but you will never regret listening to me.

Garri is a staple food and a product of cassava.
Even if you don't want to consume it, you can also sell it either processed or unprocessed. The market is ever ready.

And thanks for the insightful input. But I am more worried of the fact that the land is small, four Plots. And waiting for like 8 months or more for cassava seems like a waste of time to me. My thought though.
Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by leonard002(m): 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2018
Cassava, tomatoes, pumpkin leaves
Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by leonard002(m): 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2018
okro
Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by Bolabas02(m): 11:43pm On Aug 29, 2018
leonard002:
Cassava, tomatoes, pumpkin leaves

Thanks for the input. But your reason for the these, please?
Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by Bolabas02(m): 11:46pm On Aug 29, 2018
leonard002:
okro

Thanks for the contribution, but kindly help with the reason behind your point. Thanks Sir
Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 30, 2018
How bout livestock farming

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by Yian1(m): 2:10am On Aug 30, 2018
Bolabas02:

I just secured a land of like 4 plots somewhere around Ogbomoso, and I don't have the idea of the best crop to plant in consideration to the smallness of the available farm land as well as the leaving rainy period. I do intend to make an optimal use of it. So, in this regard, any of your professional advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Hello...I want to introduce to you, a chemical-free fertilizer called Super Gro Liquid Fertilizer that will improve your crops and plants yield.
It is highly concentrated and economical i.e a small amount of it, covers a large portion of land.
It improves the soil fertility and enhances maximum productivity of pants and crops.
It is chemical-free, so it doesn't toxify the soil.

To place an order for it anywhere in Nigeria, you can contact us on WhatsApp or call this number: 08164269252

Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by Bolabas02(m): 6:24am On Aug 30, 2018
Rabbitkingdom:
How bout livestock farming
The option is tailored towards plants, not livestock sir. Thanks
Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by Bolabas02(m): 6:35am On Aug 30, 2018
Also, I learnt sweet potato and cocoyam are good enough to start with, considering the small size of the land. Anyone with an idea on this should help, please. Thanks
Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by KingSatan: 7:09am On Aug 30, 2018
Bolabas02:

And thanks for the insightful input. But I am more worried of the fact that the land is small, four Plots. And waiting for like 8 months or more for cassava seems like a waste of time to me. My thought though.

You don't need to wait till 8 months. There are modified cassava stems that produce huge yields in 3 - 4 months
Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by Bolabas02(m): 10:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
KingSatan:

You don't need to wait till 8 months. There are modified cassava stems that produce huge yields in 3 - 4 months
Really? Can you give more details on this, please?
Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by dorispray: 11:41pm On Aug 30, 2018
Bolabas02:

Really? Can you give more details on this, please?
There's no such cassava stem that is ready for good harvest yield in 3-4 months.

Though I have heard of some species that is ready for harvest in six months but I am yet to come across it at least.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by Bolabas02(m): 9:47am On Aug 31, 2018
dorispray:

There's no such cassava stem that is ready for good harvest yield in 3-4 months.

Though I have heard of some species that is ready for harvest in six months but I am yet to come across it at least.

Thanks, bro. I was skeptical of his claim, too. He was being sarcastic. smiley

1 Like

Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by excanny: 10:04am On Aug 31, 2018
I believe you can still do maize

1 Like

Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by MyChoice1: 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2018
You can plant beans now before the 2nd week of September. It takes 3 months to mature and harvested, requires only weeding once. Brown beans preferable considering the price difference in the market, even though the same process are required.
Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by jethro2: 2:40pm On Sep 01, 2018
Bolabas02:

1st step
Go to the markets and do enough research on what crop you plan to grow
Find out the season, the price, the scale or bag for measurements, colour of the variety demanded etc

2. Ensure you have your Irrigation planned along cause rain is rounding up in the Southwest.

3. Quality seeds, pest and diseases management's, soil texture, pollination etc all contributes to getting better yield.

4. Visit or related with a practicing Farmers on the specific crop you plan growing.

Have a wonderful planting section

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by Bolabas02(m): 2:14pm On Sep 02, 2018
excanny:
I believe you can still do maize
The land is in Ogbomoso, which is somehow closer to the North. The rainy period doesn't seem reliable, as it's already giving a sign of goodbye.
Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by Bolabas02(m): 2:15pm On Sep 02, 2018
jethro2:

1st step
Go to the markets and do enough research on what crop you plan to grow
Find out the season, the price, the scale or bag for measurements, colour of the variety demanded etc

2. Ensure you have your Irrigation planned along cause rain is rounding up in the Southwest.

3. Quality seeds, pest and diseases management's, soil texture, pollination etc all contributes to getting better yield.

4. Visit or related with a practicing Farmers on the specific crop you plan growing.

Have a wonderful planting section

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by excanny: 2:33pm On Sep 02, 2018
Honestly, I will advice you to forget about farming again this year, except you have money for irrigation.

The farming season is over till next year when the rains come.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? by Bolabas02(m): 11:42am On Sep 11, 2018
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Poultry Cage For Layer Chicken Farm / Point Of Lay Birds For Sale.. / Health Benefits Of Bambara Beans/nuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.