Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 (23005 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To the Semi-Finals?

Ghana: 72% (52 votes)
Uruguay: 27% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Gunnaz007: 11:21am On Jul 03, 2010
jayon:

[size=18pt]AFRICA IS CURSED[/size] angry angry angry cry cry

^^^^My friend, if dem dey pursue u for yuah village, no carry am come rubb others for here oooh!!! How dare u make such a useless and evil statement

You are the cursed one, DEFINITELY NOT ME, BECAUSE I AM BLESSED WITH FAITHFUL ABRAHAM wink smiley
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by oloritinu: 12:50pm On Jul 03, 2010
jayon:

africa is not cursed. may be your family is cursed. how can you say such a thing because of football. please next time if you dont have anything to say next time keep your cursed mouth shut.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Akwasi(m): 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2010
My consolation is, this is one of the best matches I have ever watched. Thank God I am alive cheesy grin grin gringrin
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by DrKitaun(m): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2010
Gunnaz007

bless u my bro . . .all that Africa dis Africa dat was and is still annoying !

When we won competitions in the past had it ever been celebrated as African wins ? Bunkumery of the highest order !
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by beeke(m): 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2010
jayon:

jayon you are not only stupid and mentally demented but also you are a moronic self destructive son of a w.h.o.l.e, you disgust me tuuuu a spit on your mouth angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by beeke(m): 1:56pm On Jul 03, 2010
Gunnaz007:

Ghana's voodoo backfired tongue hehehehe tongue

As far as i am concerned, Ghana cannot always eat their cake and have it!

1st round games: Ghana 1 - Serbia 0 (Penalty - Gyan)   ---------   A serbian red carded
                           Ghana 1 - Australia 1 (Penalty - Gyan)  ---------  An australian red carded
                           Ghana 0 - Germany 1  ------ No red card, no penalty, so ghana cud not score even one goal undecided

So without penalties ghana wud not have even qualified for the 2nd round huhn

As far as i am concerned the best african sides in this world cup were cotedvoire and algeria QED!

how many sides in this world cup has benefited from penalties like ghana? and they thought God is sleeping! Either way u look at it, God is a God of Justice and ghana got served what they deserved;

So, all d noise about gyan scoring 3 goals, 2 of the 3 goals came from d spot serves them right!!!! Go back home u black chimps!!!! tongue tongue tongue

so dude wots your point cos i dont understand what you mean yesterday Uruguay make it to the semis thankz to a cheat like Suarez and undoubtedly he's a hero of sort in his home country he was well aware of wot he did but see him celebrating after Gyan's miss FIFA must act fast before football losses it taste and fun ooh WTTTF
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Tweety121(f): 2:20pm On Jul 03, 2010
Suarez: "The way in which I was sent off , truth is, it was worth it. The 'Hand of God' now belongs to me. Mine is the real 'Hand Of God'. I made the best save of the tournament. There was no alternative but for me to do that and when they missed the penalty I thought 'It is a miracle and we are alive in the tournament'. Now we are in the semi-finals although I was very sad because no one likes to be sent off."

Uruguay's coach Oscar Tabárez: "saying we cheated Ghana is too harsh a word to use. We also abide by what the referee did - it could have been a mistake. Yes he stuck his hand out but it's not cheating - I don't think it's fair to say that. I think it was instinctive. The player instinctively reacted and was thrown out of the match and he can't play the next match. What else do you want? Is Suárez also to blame for Ghana missing the penalty? We try to be dignified and if we lose a match we look for the reasons for it. You shouldn't look to third parties. This is football. There are consequences to that handball and he didn't know that Ghana was going to miss that penalty."
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by RuuDie(m): 2:26pm On Jul 03, 2010
Would there have been this unnecessary public outcry if Ghana had scored that PK
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by RuuDie(m): 2:27pm On Jul 03, 2010
Tweety121:

Uruguay's coach Oscar Tabárez: "saying we cheated Ghana is too harsh a word to use. We also abide by what the referee did - it could have been a mistake. Yes he stuck his hand out but it's not cheating - I don't think it's fair to say that. I think it was instinctive. The player instinctively reacted and was thrown out of the match and he can't play the next match. What else do you want? Is Suárez also to blame for Ghana missing the penalty? We try to be dignified and if we lose a match we look for the reasons for it. You shouldn't look to third parties. This is football. There are consequences to that handball and he didn't know that Ghana was going to miss that penalty."

This just about sums it all up. . . .
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Gunnaz007: 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2010
beeke:

so dude wots your point cos i dont understand what you mean yesterday Uruguay make it to the semis thankz to a cheat like Suarez and undoubtedly he's a hero of sort in his home country he was well aware of wot he did but see him celebrating after Gyan's miss FIFA must act fast before football losses it taste and fun ooh WTTTF

^^^Hey Duda-fla, little junior, ma point is that ghana has been a fuss in this tourney, especially in d knock out stages QED!!! Without penalties granted them in the first round, the aussies shuda been in, not ghana QED; does ghana play fine footie? Yes? Can they score with their fine footie? No they cant!!!

If you ask me i can show u a team that mesmerizes with the ball without scoring goals; my very own GOONERS; perhaps they are a bit unlucky; penalties/red cards are not awarded to giv them a pat on the back undecided grin
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by otum4: 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2010
Aight, Me I be GH. boy and am so proud of ma boys, damn! our future looks soo GREAT! grin, anywayz shoutz to all ma Naija brothaz and sistaz, be u hater or luva we still brotherz u digg, all tha same here's tha whole scenario in tha final seconds of the match grin grin
lets go! 2014, we can do this African grin

Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Horus(m): 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2010
The Number One rule in soccer is: you do not use your hands, if you do that "IS" cheating!!! The goal should have been awarded to Ghana and therefore they win the match, now that would be fair. It is unbelievable that a team would be allowed to win a match by obviously cheating and then to make it worse to be so proud that he not only got away with cheating but was actually rewarded for it with winning the match.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by damilola15: 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2010
Maradona score with his hand and said hand of god.
I'm sure had what happened to Ghana happened to him, he'd have said hand of the devil. grin
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Ibomade1: 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2010
What a match. Suarez did what he had to do and he had like a spilt of a second to decide. As much as it hurts that Ghana is out the good thing is that Uruguay won't lift that Cup.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by yampoo(m): 5:58pm On Jul 03, 2010
See Hero
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by yampoo(m): 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2010
Hero Suarez

Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Kenyata(m): 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2010
@Adechyno

How ironical that it was this same Gyan that prevented Ghana from reaching Semi-Final!
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Ranoscky(m): 6:28am On Jul 04, 2010
I tell una, abi i no tell una?. . .i said it b4 that "3rd of july 2010" will be the day that ghana will put sorrows in the heart of millions of fans supporting them. some peeps dey mock me. some say e no go better 4 me, but now wey e don happen, i thank GOD say e don better for ME! dem talk say "wetin dey sweet dey kill." Gyan wey ghana peeps dey take make noise, wey dey make ghana peeps mind dey sweet, na dat same GYAN na'em kill dem. some ID!!OT say na cheat! wetin To be cheat? sad. . .dem no send Suarez out by showing him a red card? undecided dem no give ghana PK? undecided abi the 2PK wey gyan score for other matches shey no be desame with yesterday own? undecided wetin be the cheat wey dey inside? abi na suarez tell gyan make 'em play the PK throwey?. . .una day dream! To all the whole ghana peeps wey no want make naija here word, i get 1 msg for una. . . .Mmeeeeeeeeee!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed Ntoooooooooor!!! cry cry cry. . .make una no cry again! grin
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Adonike(m): 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2010
Na tru u talk abeg. I was so glad when they missed that crucial PK and eventually lost the match via PK. Thank God they did not set another benchmark in Africa. Up Nigeria!
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by theviper1: 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2010
am sad that Ghana lost that match, but plz lets be realistic here and stop this shit talk about Luis Suarez being a cheat. It was nothing more than natural and human instincts and reflexes. Me and you woulda done that any day. And this brain dead Ghanain John painkiller or pantstill said no Ghanaian player whould have done that. Is that guy for real, so he he is telling me that Ghanaians are superhumans? That bloke should go get a life. what if Gyan has not turned a villian and scored the goal, will we still be having all these noises? no is the answer. Ghana got more penalties than all the teams in this WC and they were loving it, now they should blame their man for missing this one cos Suarez didnt ask him to miss it. I also read about some fatbrains saying that a ball that didnt cross the line should have been awarded to them as a goal. what kind of brain are these folks using, goats?
Iam an african and would have loved Ghana to go ahead and reach the final, it didnt happen. So instead of being cry babes, and blaming pple when things go wrong, we all should move ahead.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by ckz: 8:28am On Jul 05, 2010
haha it is like some of you where just prayin for ghana to loose lol but hey it is just their second time in the world cup and they got far compared to most african countries ( WONT NAME NO NAMES LOL). And lord knowes i missed micheal essien he wouldnt have let that penalty slip through his hands like that but hey thats football u cant always win
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Olaolufred(m): 10:05am On Jul 05, 2010
@ Stillwater

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I will never watch football in my life again.

I felt for you. Your passion is unfathomable.

But I saw you watching Spain vs Paraguay.

Passion for footy no allow you abide by your words.

Well, it is good to enjoy this game, not just a Team, but the game.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by usbcable(m): 10:50am On Jul 05, 2010
Suarez being called a cheat is so ludacris.
if suarez is a cheat then gyan that missed the PK is a stupid idiot for missing it.
turn the tables around imagine forlan trying to score a dying minute goal and gyan handballs and then suarez losses the resulting spotkick.thereafter ghana wins the penalty shootout.
would all ya' cheat mongers be saying same.

Suarez has no preknowledge of the future, or did he 'jazz' asamoah into lossing the PK?if gyan score, shey all of una go still dey shout all these fallacy.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by usbcable(m): 11:01am On Jul 05, 2010
For every offence in football their is a price to be paid,

#stop a goal bound move, you get either a red card or yellow card depending on circumstances.
#handle a ball in the 18-yard box - a penalty is awarded against your team and if it was a delibrate handball you get a red card.
And these what happened.the only difference was it was the last move of the game.
So unless FIFA changes the rule then LUIS SUAREZ has done no evil more than the price he paid - a red card, penalty against your team and his missing the next match automatically.

If am wrong kindly state the correct rule.
until then Suarez remains a regular footballer,nothing more.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by otum4: 11:57am On Jul 05, 2010
ALL u cats tlkn abt Suarez ain' done nu'n, u wudn't know how tha feeling is like till it happens to ur country, now i know how the Irish feel, if FIFA makes this 1 slide, they shud prepare for some more moves like this and I juz heard they gave tht dude a 1 match ban shocked, these dudes(FIFA) ain' serious,
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by megastu(m): 3:46pm On Jul 05, 2010
@all. I could not sleep untill 4am that morning. I am still in so much pain because i do not know when an african country will get this close. Ghana would have easily made it to the finals if not for that painful defeat. As for Ghana getting penalties. They get so much because thay are the only team that dribbles up to the keeper's bedroom before scoring.

Suarez is a big cheat. FIFA should ammend its rules and allow such balls to be ruled as goals. In the past, weak players use to handle the boal in the 18 yard before fifa ammended its rules to be penalties and red cards. I pray Ghan keeps this team. Amen.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by otum4: 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2010
well said megastu wink
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by rastamouse: 10:55am On Dec 07, 2013
this game was just wacky. has been named as one of this greatest games in the world cup history

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

US Open 2020: Djokovic Defaulted After Hitting Ball At Line Judge (video) / NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch / Iheanacho, Simon, Awoniyi Called Up For U23 Cup Of Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.