Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 - Sports (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 (22975 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To the Semi-Finals?

Ghana: 72% (52 votes)
Uruguay: 27% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 12:54am On Jul 03, 2010
paddy_lo:

U guys are funny. . u are rooting for the short men from Ghana

Go to Ghana web see how they laughed at u when u crashed out. . .

Charity begins at home

If i had my way i would expel all u self hating Nigerians from the country

rubbish. . .The match was not painful at all. .

Go and watch Nigeria vs Italy. . .1994. . 2nd round knock out match

now thats what i call painful. . .lol

So we should be hating on them because they did the same when Nigeria Lost?

S.E was crap. . . . crap. . .  even Nigerians themselves admitted it. So why should we safe face because Ghanaians are laughing?

And Nigerians are not the only one cheering them on. Ghana played well, IMO, they went further than expected of them.

Next WC is coming. . . . instead of jealous-ing and hating, why dont we pray  for the best?
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Litmus: 1:02am On Jul 03, 2010
paddy_lo is not jealous and he is right to be angry. They, Ghanaians, have to grow up.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by kabna(m): 1:08am On Jul 03, 2010
oh god help me oooo help mee am suffering here in london. its painful help me god am bleeding i need some weed or better still a shag wiv one nice nigerian sexy mama
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 03, 2010
Litmus:

paddy_lo is not jealous and he is right to be angry. They, Ghanaians, have to grow up.
Not arguing that. But neither should we lower ourselves to their standards.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by adebayo201: 1:17am On Jul 03, 2010
FL Gators:

So we should be hating on them because they did the same when Nigeria Lost?

S.E was crap. . . . crap. . . even Nigerians themselves admitted it. So why should we safe face because Ghanaians are laughing?

And Nigerians are not the only one cheering them on. Ghana played well, IMO, they went further than expected of them.

Next WC is coming. . . . instead of jealous-ing and hating, why dont we pray for the best?

why and when du u change ur sex to male
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Ivynwa(f): 1:19am On Jul 03, 2010
@Ssaoemoen sweetheart

Do you have to call Gyan all that gutter name that a lady should not be heard mentioning and tell us stuffs you do in your privacy. Now smile and be a sweeter lady here sweetie.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by newintexas: 1:23am On Jul 03, 2010
I think they did very well, It wasn't just meant to be, Gyan was simply fantastic despite the missed penalty kick,
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by adebayo201: 1:27am On Jul 03, 2010
lol  grin grin grin cheesy
Ivynwa:

@Ssaoemoen sweetheart

Do you have to call Gyan all that gutter name that a lady should not be heard mentioning and tell us stuffs you do in your privacy. Now smile and be a sweeter lady here sweetie.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Zucker(m): 2:14am On Jul 03, 2010
mama-gee:

Luis Suarez, that good for nothing cheat!

But the referee should have awarded the goal to Ghana.

You're making too much sense here - I mean it. I've always wondered when someone was going to abuse this gaping hole in the rules; the rewards are too tantalizing, and the risks of penalty-taking too great. Suarez is now a hero, and Gyan, a villain! Yet the odds are that Gyan is going to miss at some point, right? I mean the law of probabilities point to this happening sooner or later. Poor Gyan, it happened at this critical time when an entire continent's hopes and aspirations were resting on his shoulder. It's about time Fifa revisits the rules; it's time for a goal-interference rule ala the NBA (offensive interference). It's simple, a goal-bound ball that has the goal-keeper clearly beat will be ruled as a goal if deliberately stopped by hand(s) by a player on the defensive team.

In this tournament alone, Ghana has had three goal-bound balls stopped by deliberately out-strectched arms, two resulted in penalty kicks. The irony is that some ridiculed our team for ONLY scoring on penalties when it should be apparent that it takes guts to score with such kicks at that level of competition. Too many of these deliberate handballs if you ask me. Fifa needs to remove ANY incentive for players to handle the ball in an attempt to stop a goal. As it stands, the current rules are lacking; I know this because I WILL do the same if I was in Luis Suarez's shoes - give my team one last stand to keep my country in it and deny the opponent country a clearly deserved goal.

I would close by saying that I am proud of my country and our team. Our youth finally caught up to us, being the youngest team. We lacked poise and composure when it mattered (the penalty kick, and subsequent shootout). But we showed heart and skill. I am sure our boys have picked up valuable lessons and would be better players as a result of these. Thanks to all you guys who stuck by us, through happier times and now, this excruciating exit. That is the nature of football. I hope Africa's representatives in future tournaments represent us even better than Ghana did in this tournament. Gbosa!
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by JomoGbomo2(m): 4:05am On Jul 03, 2010
@Zucker
you said it all, i personally think the rules should be visited too, but as humans we will always be looking for ways around those rules, it will only require more ingenuity for pple like suarez. its just painful when you are on the loosing side.
I will also liken it to players faking injuring especially when they loosing to waste time. though the effect and impact is greater here i dont think it can be totally erased.
But fifa can adopt the basket ball rule of goal bound ball.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by soarrogant(m): 4:22am On Jul 03, 2010
its a painful loss, but truly,how could those dumb fools think they could take penalties like that! standing next to the ball and literally dragging it on the ground! I thought Ghana's captain lost it as he continuously taunted the ref to use his eyes even after he had been a yellow card never mind the ref trying to help his team through! on a lighter note Fabiano for all his swag and 'hand-goal' against cote' de ivore must be realizing that maybe he is not as special as he thought grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by MardiGras: 5:53am On Jul 03, 2010
Ghana commot sha
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Stmichael1: 6:22am On Jul 03, 2010
Bleep GHANA, Bleep EM. Cuz they fuckd Africa.I REPEAT,, Bleep u ghana, Bleep u. U had d game in ur mouth n refusd to eat it.Bleep U ONCE MORE.Bleep U DAMMIT, Chai!!!
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Stmichael1: 6:25am On Jul 03, 2010
F UCK GHANA, F UCK EM. Cuz they fuckd Africa.I REPEAT,, F uck u ghana, F uck u. U had d game in ur mouth n refusd to eat it.F UCK U ONCE MORE.F UCK U DAMMIT, Chai!!!
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Stmichael1: 6:26am On Jul 03, 2010
F UCK GHANA, F UCK EM. Cuz they fuckd Africa.I REPEAT,, F uck u ghana, F uck u. U had d game in ur mouth n refusd to eat it.F UCK U ONCE MORE.F UCK U DAMMIT, Chai!!!.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by AloyEmeka5: 7:38am On Jul 03, 2010
davidylan:

SUAREZ!!! What a cheat!

Just watch all the people whose name are SUARA, they are cheats.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by philip0906(m): 7:58am On Jul 03, 2010
thank God ghana is finally out. . . cheesy grin grin.It was already getting into their black skull. . .go and c how they were questioning Nigerians at their border crossing. . even telling them "go back 2 ur country" grin grin
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by princekevo(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2010
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Government of Ghana has declared 3 days of national mourning to mark their unfortunate crash out of the world cup. The government equally employ their big brother Nigerian and their supporters world wide to join in these days of national mourning.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 03, 2010
[size=18pt]AFRICA IS CURSED[/size] angry angry angry cry cry
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 03, 2010
Stmichael1:

F UCK GHANA, F UCK EM. Cuz they fuckd Africa.I REPEAT,, F uck u ghana, F uck u. U had d game in your mouth n refusd to eat it.F UCK U ONCE MORE.F UCK U DAMMIT, Chai!!!.
If you die of heart attack, the Ghanian players will be in their mansion enjoying
so chill. Is only football.

P.S I will miss Prince Boateng cry cry cry
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by tempest01(m): 8:41am On Jul 03, 2010
jayon:

[size=18pt]AFRICA IS CURSED[/size] angry angry angry cry cry
You make up Africa u r cursed if so!!
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Chidoxyl(m): 8:46am On Jul 03, 2010
I think sometimes ago fifa were proposing to come out with a rule that will count for a goal the type dat was stopped by that Uruguan player, Suarez. Without making d Ghanian take d penalty kick, that goal should have been made to count. and with the footballer (culprit) sent out should be a ban for some years.

Africa is yet again short changed.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by eyoniggar(m): 9:02am On Jul 03, 2010
Yall need to see this:

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Luis-Suarez-handball-proves-oddly-heroic-?urn=sow,253285

This is the best comment I have seen so far, so true, so touching:

"I would rather loose fairly with the weight of a continent on my shoulders than win with the weight of morality on my heart. The hand of god? not likely!! !!!! spoiled chances aside, I cry for africa today!"
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by ndigbo: 9:10am On Jul 03, 2010
After Gyan Yakubued their semifinals' ticket of the world cup, I could no longer shout. Chei
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by shockreaction(m): 10:15am On Jul 03, 2010
Oh please, stop crying over spilt milk. FIFA should review the rules? The ball did not cross the goal line.

Also, first rule of taking a penalty kick:
NEVER MISS A PENALTY.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by RuuDie(m): 10:16am On Jul 03, 2010
Ok. . . . Suarez handled the ball, he was caught and punished according to the rules - case closed!
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by RuuDie(m): 10:18am On Jul 03, 2010
"It was worth it to be sent off in this way. It was complicated and tough. We suffered to the end but the hand of God, it's mine now."

Suarez dey crase oh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by 234Ent(m): 10:28am On Jul 03, 2010
Ghana did what other african team couldn't do, they always hustled for the ball which i find to be great.

Yes it was a pity that they lost cos' God sorta gave em the win before Suarez turned himself into a keeper

its all good though, the blackstars did their best. Lookin forward to the next cup smiley
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by RuuDie(m): 10:38am On Jul 03, 2010
234Ent:

Ghana did what other african team couldn't do, they always hustled for the ball which i find to be great.

Yes it was a pity that they lost cos' God sorta gave em the win before Suarez turned himself into a keeper
its all good though, the blackstars did their best. Lookin forward to the next cup smiley

Ghana have only themselves 2 blame - even after Suarez handled the ball, there had a PK. . . . a bloody PK.
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by face31: 11:00am On Jul 03, 2010
Suarez is a dirty playing pig. That goal was over the line before his handball! He should be an actor instead. First he does his diving rabbit act against South Africa and now knocks out Ghana with more of his underhanded "football". He should have been red carded for diving in many previous matches. If this is a "victory" for Uruguay, I am glad I am not from Uruguay. Africa, you play with integrity, real football. Leave this other football farce where the players are a bunch of actors to the other countries. Ghana, that was your win undecided
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Gunnaz007: 11:05am On Jul 03, 2010
Ghana's voodoo backfired tongue hehehehe tongue

As far as i am concerned, Ghana cannot always eat their cake and have it!

1st round games: Ghana 1 - Serbia 0 (Penalty - Gyan)   ---------   A serbian red carded
                           Ghana 1 - Australia 1 (Penalty - Gyan)  ---------  An australian red carded
                           Ghana 0 - Germany 1  ------ No red card, no penalty, so ghana cud not score even one goal undecided

So without penalties ghana wud not have even qualified for the 2nd round huhn

As far as i am concerned the best african sides in this world cup were cotedvoire and algeria QED!

how many sides in this world cup has benefited from penalties like ghana? and they thought God is sleeping! Either way u look at it, God is a God of Justice and ghana got served what they deserved;

So, all d noise about gyan scoring 3 goals, 2 of the 3 goals came from d spot serves them right!!!! Go back home u black chimps!!!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ghana Vs Uruguay: [2 - 4] On Penalties After [1 - 1] Draw @ World Cup 2010 by Gunnaz007: 11:10am On Jul 03, 2010
face31:

Suarez is a dirty playing pig. That goal was over the line before his handball! He should be an actor instead. First he does his diving rabbit act against South Africa and now knocks out Ghana with more of his underhanded "football". He should have been red carded for diving in many previous matches. If this is a "victory" for Uruguay, I am glad I am not from Uruguay. Africa, you play with integrity, real football. Leave this other football farce where the players are a bunch of actors to the other countries. Ghana, that was your win undecided

^^^ My friend stop all this noise about africa this, africa that; it wasnt africa, it was ghana; this mindset is a slave-infested mindset!!!!

Did you hear that argentina celebrated brazil's exit from the world cup? Did you? At d end of the day, it boils down to a country's achievement, not a continent's achievement!!!!!!

Beggarly people allowing the white man's tag to cheapen y'all!!!! Nonsense!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Arrives Leicester For Medical / John Fashanu Reacts Over Arrest Story, Says It's Misleading & Twisted. / Stephanie Ogechukwu Onusiriuka Won Gold Medal At African Gymnastics Championship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.