Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,919 members, 7,863,227 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:27 PM

DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist (26132 Views)

Dj Cuppy: "I May Not Have A Man But I’m A Great Mother. Ask My Dogs" / Dj Cuppy: "I Am Still Single Because I Am Way Too Sexy" Video / DJ Cuppy: "I Need To Wed In 2018 Before King Sunny Ade Retires". Ade Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by Daeylar(f): 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2018
ivolt:

Imagine if it was a guy who got stranded with no help, will he also give up is masculinity?

I just tire

I don't understand the issue some men and women against feminism.

OK they don't like feminism then let them stay in their way, yet they go all out of their way to pull feminism down. Something they don't even understand.

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by laydoh(m): 12:04pm On Aug 30, 2018
JamaicanLove:

I've picked a struggle

What are you good at?
hmmm.i am only here to read comments.
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by Akabuking: 12:04pm On Aug 30, 2018
zinnyzee:
What's with feminism anyway

Since time immemorial, men have been known to be dominant... If we wanna fight for anything, i think it should be equity and not equality
you brain intact die.

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by Austinoiz(m): 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2018
For me, feminism is a thing for frustrated ladies. No lady with a balanced psyche joins them.
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by jeff1607(m): 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2018
keeper of phallus
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by laydoh(m): 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2018
Daeylar:

I just tire

I don't understand the issue some men and women against feminism.

OK they don't like feminism then let them stay in their way, yet they go all out of their way to pull feminism down. Something they don't even understand.
I tire for you lot.who cares about your red herring fallacy! you can do whatever you want with it,shove it anywhere you want.nature will always take its course.

2 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by Austinoiz(m): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2018
All the feminists, I know, have suffered serial heart breaks and/ or frustrated. So take not their pained words serious.
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by sammyananaba(f): 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2018
That is because there are types of feminism depending on the one the person is advocating for like subtle feminism, radical feminism etc.I know because am studying literature

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2018
Jaqenhghar:
God bless you sister.
I was discussing this with one "feminist"
If you interview 5 femi ists you will hear 5 different definitions of feminism. How can you advocate for something you cant properly define. For some femi ism is giving women opportunities as men. There are those who say women are equal to men, some say women are better than men, some advocate for an annihilation of men altogether.
We have the opportunists. Those who use feminism to make money. They claim to be a voice for the down trodden women and encourage women to not respect their husbands, meanwhile they are loving respectful women in their homes. In fact you will NEVER see a woman whose husband is rich forming feminist. Its usually the heartbroken or the ones with deadbeat spouses

so because different women gave you different definitions of feminism that meas that feminism is wrong,can we say the same about Christianity, if you ask 100 Christians to tell you what the requirements of making heaven is,you would get 100 different answers,could that mean that the concept of going to heaven is nonsense,there are also a lot of pastors exploiting members in the name of Christianity could that also mean that Christianity is wrong ?
,you even claim that a woman with a rich husband can never be a feminist,this shows how myopic ur view is,the world is bigger than nigerians idea on social media,feminism is not a Nigerian thing,it has been around centuries before your great grand parents met each other

you guys should check out my latest thread and present solid reasons why you think feminism is bad,obviously most of you,including DJ cuppy don't even know the meaning of feminism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by sammyananaba(f): 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2018
Jaqenhghar:
God bless you sister.
I was discussing this with one "feminist"
If you interview 5 femi ists you will hear 5 different definitions of feminism. How can you advocate for something you cant properly define. For some femi ism is giving women opportunities as men. There are those who say women are equal to men, some say women are better than men, some advocate for an annihilation of men altogether.
We have the opportunists. Those who use feminism to make money. They claim to be a voice for the down trodden women and encourage women to not respect their husbands, meanwhile they are loving respectful women in their homes. In fact you will NEVER see a woman whose husband is rich forming feminist. Its usually the heartbroken or the ones with deadbeat spouses
That is because there are types of feminism depending on the one the person is advocating for like subtle feminism, radical feminism etc.I know because am studying
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2018
Austinoiz:
All the feminists, I know, have suffered serial heart breaks and/ or frustrated. So take not their pained words serious.

how many feminists do u know,let's start from there,you all are claiming that feminists are ladies who have broken homes and relationships, well there might be some feminists in such conditions like every other person,but if you check the number of self identified feminists in Nigeria you might find out that there are more male feminists than female feminists,what I have come to find out is this,most of you claiming feminism is bad don't really have any prejudice against women,but because the word "feminist" or "feminism" has a negative connotation here in Nigeria it is often used in a disapproving manner,and even sometimes those whose ideals are similar to what feminism really represents can be found criticizing it especially women who would benefit most from it
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by bigtt76(f): 12:21pm On Aug 30, 2018
...and your point is?

ivolt:

Imagine if it was a guy who got stranded with no help, will he also give up is masculinity?

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4704871/what-wrong-feminism#70746721

check out the above thread and being up your arguments against feminism,it seems like its Nairaland's feminist week
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2018
sammyananaba:
That is because there are types of feminism depending on the one the person is advocating for like subtle feminism, radical feminism etc.I know because am studying
There are. Thumbs up for knowing this.
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by ivolt: 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2018
bigtt76:
...and your point is?

That needing help or being in a desperate position should not make a person less human or inferior.
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by Idrismusty97(m): 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2018
bigtt76:
Exactly ....feminism ends when you're stranded on Third Mainland Bridge with a flat tire, no spare or wheel spanner to start with grin grin

Mehn! shocked
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by bigtt76(f): 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2018
Well, some people feel asking for help or being helped without asking for it might make them look less than they ought to be undecided

ivolt:

That needing help or being in a desperate position should not make a person less human or inferior.
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by kay29000(m): 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2018
bigtt76:
Exactly ....feminism ends when you're stranded on Third Mainland Bridge with a flat tire, no spare or wheel spanner to start with grin grin

lol!
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by jaxxy(m): 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2018
I agree basically
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by MollyBank: 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2018
Too bad money cannot cure dumbness.
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by Jaqenhghar: 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
darkchild64:

so because different women gave you different definitions of feminism that meas that feminism is wrong,can we say the same about Christianity, if you ask 100 Christians to tell you what the requirements of making heaven is,you would get 100 different answers,could that mean that the concept of going to heaven is nonsense,there are also a lot of pastors exploiting members in the name of Christianity could that also mean that Christianity is wrong ?
,you even claim that a woman with a rich husband can never be a feminist,this shows how myopic ur view is,the world is bigger than nigerians idea on social media,feminism is not a Nigerian thing,it has been around centuries before your great grand parents met each other

you guys should check out my latest thread and present solid reasons why you think feminism is bad,obviously most of you,including DJ cuppy don't even know the meaning of feminism

Listen here I speak based on what I know. I sure as hell wont say stuff to please you. If you have anything contrary to say you can say your shít without being insultive and NO I wont be reading your thread or any shít you spew out cos this one alone gives me an idea what Ill be seeing. So fúck off my mentions and have yourself a good day

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 30, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Listen here I speak based on what I know. I sure as hell wont say stuff to please you. If you have anything contrary to say you can say your shít without being insultive and NO I wont be reading your thread or any shít you spew out cos this one alone gives me an idea what Ill be seeing. So fúck off my mentions and have yourself a good day
neither would I say anything to please,no need arguing with you sef,wallow in ur ignorance
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by ivolt: 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2018
bigtt76:
Well, some people feel asking for help or being helped without asking for it might make them look less than they ought to be undecided

Really Then they have a very big problem.
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by Arkmanbuddy(m): 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2018
JamaicanLove:
And I'm a pussinist

Not only that, you're also a ...
Let me reserve my comment.
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by rhames(m): 10:40pm On Aug 30, 2018
made4naija:

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/30/dj-cuppy-i-will-never-come-out-feminist

If you are not a masculinist or a feminist,you are a Nigerian politician.
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by kokomilala(m): 10:43pm On Aug 30, 2018
@ivolt, why did u call it a fallacy? For a start, I didn't say it's a theory. It's only a subjective position. So save your breath.
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by kabillionaire(m): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2018
I love this beautiful and charming young lady's reasoning.
Re: DJ Cuppy: I Used To Be A Feminist, Why I Stopped Seeing Myself As Feminist by GiantParrot(m): 7:29am On Sep 02, 2018
By her comments about not understanding feminism, Dj Cuppy has just committed sacrilege before the cult of modern feminists. Where did she get the idea that feminism was meant to be understood from? How dare she not accept the indoctrination without questioning? Her seeking to understand is an unacceptabe offense. Because the more people understand, the more the movement loses its hold on their minds. The greatest threat to modern feminism is critical thinking. So any talk about understanding or rational thought is vehemently opposed.

The backlash she's getting from today's feminist is mild compared to what I received 10 years ago when the 19 year old me asked questions of my American bred online acquaintances about feminism with a view to understanding it more. It turns out that my innocent questioning in search of understanding was actually threatening the very foundations of their ideology, so their primal self-preservation instincts kicked in and a generally civil discussion quickly degenerated into one of one-sided insults and attempts to shame me through sanctimonious posturing. I was left confused, but I knew that if their positions were as tenable and logically sound as they let on, they would have schooled me and I would have left a better person.

Over the years, I have understood things a bit more. First and second wave feminism were important. The activism from the first two waves have forced governments to provide equal rights for women in the laws of virtually every country that has had significant western influence. In the developing world, more could be done to change long held generalizations about women. Third wave or modern feminism is different. It is merely a gynocentric movement with traces of misandry, that adopts marxist ideologies where convenient. It is quite consistent in its push for benevolent sexism in favour of women, behind the facade of an interest in gender equality.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Receives City People Awards, Stuns In Lovely Outfit / Nigerian Celebrities And Red Carpet Dressing / Maje-Ayida: Toke Makinwa Files For Divorce Against Ex Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.