Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,661 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:52 AM

What Is Wrong With Feminism - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Wrong With Feminism (2827 Views)

The Ancient Feminism (the Female Popes Of Igbo Ethnic Group) / My Argument Against Feminism / Feminism Is The New Stupidity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Feminism by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
michaelkaroh:
first, about the SUG stuff, that is simply not true as the SUG president of delta state polytechnic, oghara for 2016/2017 academic session was female and the one for the polytechnic at ogwashi-uku was also female some years back.
Secondly, you do realize that in sec. schools it is usually the most intelligent that becomes prefect, right?.....a lot of girls I know were senior prefects in their respective schools....I really don't know where you get your stats from, seriously.
Now about the land inheritance....You have to understand the reason for actions to know their true intent. Even in my culture, women don't inherit landed property for the sole purpose of preservation. As we know, a woman is like a traveler, and her final abode is her matrimonial home..and whatever she might have acquired from her father goes to her children. Now imagine if the majority of a particular tribe's women were married to men from other tribes, that would be disastrous if the women inherited ancestral lands as they would be ceded to the various tribes of their husbands through the children. But there is an exception, women who are married to men from the same tribe, preferably same clan as them ALWAYS inherits landed property.

Please I want to beg all feminists on this forum to always speak truth and understand facts no matter how unsupportive it is of their program.

If you've ever taken time to study our history, you'd know that oppression or subjugation of any gender was never part of our culture.
Feminism is in the business of always painting women as victims.
Man makes more money than woman=Sexism
Woman makes more money than man= boss lady
Man gets sexually abused= weak man
Woman gets sexually abused=rape culture of men
Man compliments woman's body/shape=sexual harassment
Woman compliments man's body= shooting shot/ flirting
Man and woman fights, man wins= domestic violence
Woman and man fights, woman wins= strong woman
Man can't pay child support/take care of his child/children =jail
Woman can't take care of her child/children=government support/food stamp
Man murders spouse= manslaughter
Woman murders spouse=self defense
Man builds industries, organisations, civilizations and rightfully reigns over them=patriarchy/toxic masculinity
Woman builds something, anything at all which is most times exclusive to the service of women= women empowerment, women freedom, etc....
A lot of guys right now are living in fear, myself included. Cus' it's funny how a girl/woman can accuse one of anything ranging from rape,domestic violence, harassment and one is instantly guilty....almost as if men cannot tell the truth.
I seriously pray for change.

if you read what I said on SUG elections you would realize I used the word "Many" and not "All" Nigerian tertiary institutions, so what you said doesn't change anything,as long as vying for presidency in SUG elections are concerned women are marginalized
well for the senior prefect stuff,yes you have schools were it is allowed for a girl to be a senior prefect and a guy deputy,but you would agree with me that in so many other schools it is considered to be outrageous for a boy to be an assistant to a girl,that is what I am raising a point against
then for the land issue,I don't agree with the point u made,I understand that due to certain reasons,the male child may inherit more properties than the female,but the female child should also be entitled to her fathers properties including lands. what if the woman starts having financial challenges in her marriage wouldn't the lands she inherited be of help to her,you guys need to get rid of this myopic view that a married woman no longer belongs to her fathers immediate family,you are not doing her a favour its her right to get part of her fathers property just as the males

Now I understand your fears expressed in the ending of your post,and I want you to know that I'm a guy too,and what I am supporting is to make the world better,I am not saying that women should oppress men,but that men should stop oppressing women,you see how bitter you feel when you picture feminism as an ideology to oppress men,that is exactly the point feminism is trying to make,if men hate the idea of being oppressed by women why do they feel comfortable oppressing women,we want a world were everything is fair,women deserve as much rights as men,it is not a privilege that you give to them it is a right

p.s I also get your point on the land stuff,I never saw it from that angle,I guess it can be modified,instead of not giving the land to the women,why not make it this way,the woman gets the land but if she marries from another tribe then she cannot will it to her children instead they can sell it,that makes more sense to me,at least she gets an inheritance from her father
then coming to the other stuff you mentioned,Feminism exists because there are women being denied of their basic rights,now if you feel that in one way or the other that women are also taking advantage of men,then fine you can raise such issue and we would lend our support,that has nothing to do with feminism, women killing their husband and being hailed for it is not the definition of feminism,I thought I clearly defined that in the Op,don't associate every problem women have with men to feminism
Re: What Is Wrong With Feminism by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
darkchild64:

if you read what I said on SUG elections you would realize I used the word "Many" and not "All" Nigerian tertiary institutions, so what you said doesn't change anything,as long as vying for presidency in SUG elections are concerned women are marginalized
well for the senior prefect stuff,yes you have schools were it is allowed for a girl to be a senior prefect and a guy deputy,but you would agree with me that in so many other schools it is considered to be outrageous for a boy to be an assistant to a girl,that is what I am raising a point against
then for the land issue,I don't agree with the point u made,I understand that due to certain reasons,the male child may inherit more properties than the female,but the female child should also be entitled to her fathers properties including lands. what if the woman starts having financial challenges in her marriage wouldn't the lands she inherited be of help to her,you guys need to get rid of this myopic view that a married woman no longer belongs to her fathers immediate family,you are not doing her a favour its her right to get part of her fathers property just as the males

Now I understand your fears expressed in the ending of your post,and I want you to know that I'm a guy too,and what I am supporting is to make the world better,I am not saying that women should oppress men,but that men should stop oppressing women,you see how bitter you feel when you picture feminism as an ideology to oppress men,that is exactly the point feminism is trying to make,if men hate the idea of being oppressed by women why do they feel comfortable oppressing women,we want a world were everything is fair,women deserve as much rights as men,it is not a privilege that you give to them it is a right

p.s I also get your point on the land stuff,I never saw it from that angle,I guess it can be modified,instead of not giving the land to the women,why not make it this way,the woman gets the land but if she marries from another tribe then she cannot will it to her children instead they can sell it,that makes more sense to me,at least she gets an inheritance from her father
then coming to the other stuff you mentioned,Feminism exists because there are women being denied of their basic rights,now if you feel that in one way or the other that women are also taking advantage of men,then fine you can raise such issue and we would lend our support,that has nothing to do with feminism, women killing their husband and being hailed for it is not the definition of feminism,I thought I clearly defined that in the Op,don't associate every problem women have with men to feminism

Women are not being denied anything. The problem with women is that they want everything to be handed to them for free. Every injustice women think they encounter is just imaginary. I raised valid points to show how badly men are treated in society when compared to women and you just brush it aside because it goes against your blame game called feminism. But really, must it be land that a woman inherits?........you talk about selling lands, do you know most cultures detest selling family/ancestral lands. Of all feminists I've encountered, none have been able to show proof of the so called oppression of women by men. You agreed that some higher institutions have female SUG presidents but still postulate that they are forbidden from contesting in most institutions, and I say mention the names of such schools so I can confirm cus' I've never heard of such. If you are going to fault men's dominance of the world, then you are not being fair. Why would one not dominate what one built?......the world as we have it today was built by men. Now forget all these talks about men and women being equal, there's never being a bigger lie. Men are far stronger than women, more intelligent than women on average, faster than women, etc.....why do you think most men say "I need a woman that can hold a conversation"...it's simple....because most women cannot match a man intellectually. Women really need to chill.
Feminists say men receive higher salaries than their female colleagues which is a big lie.
Feminists say women are less educated than men but the majority of students in higher institutions are female.
Feminists say there's economic subjugation of women but women still control markets around the country.
Feminists(you and your fellows on this thread included) say women are the carriers of life and men are only second class in that department but forget that there's simply no life in a woman only death, and bleeding and sadness(mood swings and cramps) every four weeks, miraculously all these vanishes once a man puts his seed of life in her.
Women need to start appreciating men again before it's too late.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Feminism by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 04, 2018
michaelkaroh:

Women are not being denied anything. The problem with women is that they want everything to be handed to them for free. Every injustice women think they encounter is just imaginary. I raised valid points to show how badly men are treated in society when compared to women and you just brush it aside because it goes against your blame game called feminism. But really, must it be land that a woman inherits?........you talk about selling lands, do you know most cultures detest selling family/ancestral lands. Of all feminists I've encountered, none have been able to show proof of the so called oppression of women by men. You agreed that some higher institutions have female SUG presidents but still postulate that they are forbidden from contesting in most institutions, and I say mention the names of such schools so I can confirm cus' I've never heard of such. If you are going to fault men's dominance of the world, then you are not being fair. Why would one not dominate what one built?......the world as we have it today was built by men. Now forget all these talks about men and women being equal, there's never being a bigger lie. Men are far stronger than women, more intelligent than women on average, faster than women, etc.....why do you think most men say "I need a woman that can hold a conversation"...it's simple....because most women cannot match a man intellectually. Women really need to chill.
Feminists say men receive higher salaries than their female colleagues which is a big lie.
Feminists say women are less educated than men but the majority of students in higher institutions are female.
Feminists say there's economic subjugation of women but women still control markets around the country.
Feminists(you and your fellows on this thread included) say women are the carriers of life and men are only second class in that department but forget that there's simply no life in a woman only death, and bleeding and sadness(mood swings and cramps) every four weeks, miraculously all these vanishes once a man puts his seed of life in her.
Women need to start appreciating men again before it's too late.
OK let's stop going back and forth, it won't help anything.
So in essence what you are saying is that women are inferior to men ?
Re: What Is Wrong With Feminism by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 04, 2018
darkchild64:

OK let's stop going back and forth, it won't help anything.
So in essence what you are saying is that women are inferior to men ?

Yes....and it's all because we are more powerful. You see my friend, power rules the world, and as long as we men are more powerful, we'd always dominate.
Re: What Is Wrong With Feminism by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
michaelkaroh:

Yes....and it's all because we are more powerful. You see my friend, power rules the world, and as long as we men are more powerful, we'd always dominate.
do you think that black people are inferior to whites ?
Re: What Is Wrong With Feminism by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 04, 2018
darkchild64:

do you think that black people are inferior to whites ?
Actually, it's the pale beings that are inferior to us. If you know african history, I mean the real african history, you'd know that non hue-mans are very inferior to hue-mans.
Re: What Is Wrong With Feminism by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2018
michaelkaroh:

Actually, it's the pale beings that are inferior to us. If you know african history, I mean the real african history, you'd know that non hue-mans are very inferior to hue-mans.
Wow interesting, so you are also insinuating that white people who you refer to as "the pale beings" are inferior to black people,bravo,I thought this was a conversation worth having when you gave me some glimpses but how wrong I was,please continue in your racist,misogynistic ideology,feel free,its a free world
Re: What Is Wrong With Feminism by budaatum: 6:55pm On Feb 16, 2022
budaatum:

Man are inferior pricks.

Hand me a knife please someone!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria / Black Power / Can You Really Tell What Tribe A Person Comes From, From Looking At Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.