Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,983 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Is The UMIDIGI Z2 Worth 89,000 Naira? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is The UMIDIGI Z2 Worth 89,000 Naira? (2991 Views)

Infinix Zero 8(N116,900) Vs Infinix Note 7(89,500), Which Should U Buy? (photos) / How Good Is The Umidigi A3 Pro Please!!! / Infinix Zero 5 Has Drop To 89,000 Naira. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The UMIDIGI Z2 Worth 89,000 Naira? by Ejadike(m): 4:26pm On Sep 14, 2018
chrisbaxtian:
pls can anyone recommend a good android device 25-35k budget. I want to buy it as a gift for someone
bro, just buy the latest TECNO Spark2
Re: Is The UMIDIGI Z2 Worth 89,000 Naira? by Ejadike(m): 4:31pm On Sep 14, 2018
greenhulk:

But chipset alone is not what makes a phone. 2 cars can have the same engine it doesn't mean their price will be the same. The design and other features matter. Because Samsung flagship phones use the highest snapdragon chips doesn't mean they compromise on design and other features, that's why their phones are more expensive. I'm pretty sure infinix note 5 and camon x don't have glass back or beautiful build or 6gb of RAM or usb type c (I may be wrong on this )
what are you saying? Have you checked the specs of TECNO Camon X and Infinix note 5? Anyway, check the specs of TECNO Camon X pro and be wowed.. this is over priced
Re: Is The UMIDIGI Z2 Worth 89,000 Naira? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
Ejadike:
what are you saying? Have you checked the specs of TECNO Camon X and Infinix note 5? Anyway, check the specs of TECNO Camon X pro and be wowed.. this is over priced

Hell yes I know everything about the camon x pro and Its got nothing on this phone. Camon x pro is sold for 76k while umidigi z2 is 89k. Any time anyday I will pay that extra 13k for the z2. At least I know I am getting a more premium build beautiful phone made out of glass and aluminum unlike the camon x pro that is made out of plastic. The z2 looks like the huawei p20 pro with jtes twilight color design, very beautiful. Also I'm getting 6gb of ram instead of 4gb, and then dual camera set up with AI instead of single camera on the camon x pro. So bro the extra 13k is worth it.

Just imagine if this was a camon x pro advance , how much do u think tecno would sell it? I'll give u an instance. Camon x is sold for 55k while camon x pro is sold for 76k. That's 21k price difference. So let's look at the difference between the 2. Only difference is camon x pro has full HD display unlike hd on the camon x. Also x pro comes with 4gb of ram vs 3gb of ram. Now imagine if they now made another version of camon x pro and used glass back instead of plastic, added 2 extra gb of RAM and added dual back camera. How much do u think they would sell it? I can bet u it would be more than the 89k this z2 costs.

1 Like

Re: Is The UMIDIGI Z2 Worth 89,000 Naira? by Ejadike(m): 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2018
greenhulk:

Hell yes I know everything about the camon x pro and IRS got nothing on this phone. Camon x pro is sold for 76k while umidigi z2 is 89k. Any time anyday I will pay that extra 13k for the z2. At least I know I am getting a more premium build beautiful phone made out of glass and aluminum unlike the camon x pro that is made out of plastic. The z2 looks like the huawei p20 pro with jtes twilight color design, very beautiful. Also I'm getting 6gb of ram instead of 4gb, and then dual camera set up with AI instead of single camera on the camon x pro. So bro the extra 13k is worth it.

Just imagine if this was a camon x pro advance , how much do u think tecno would sell it? I'll give u an instance. Camon x is sold for 55k while camon x pro is sold for 76k. That's 21k price difference. So let's look at the difference between the 2. Only difference is camon x pro has full HD display unlike hd on the camon x. Also x pro comes with 4gb of ram vs 3gb of ram. Now imagine if they now made another version of camon x pro and used glass back instead of plastic, added 2 extra gb of RAM and added dual back camera. How much do u think they would sell it? I can bet u it would be more than the 89k this z2 costs.
Bro, you have a valid point but do you know that the reason why this device is Zw device is affordable is because they are not as popular as TECNO. Take away TECNO now and let's say Samsung, assuming it was Samsung that that this same feature as z2 do you think it would go for that 89k? TECNO has offices in Nigeria so they pay taxes which will still reflect in the price of there products, same as Samsung, Apple etc.. Let your Umidigi open an office in Nigeria and see if they'll sell devices the same way they sell online.
Re: Is The UMIDIGI Z2 Worth 89,000 Naira? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
Ejadike:
Bro, you have a valid point but do you know that the reason why this device is Zw device is affordable is because they are not as popular as TECNO. Take away TECNO now and let's say Samsung, assuming it was Samsung that that this same feature as z2 do you think it would go for that 89k? TECNO has offices in Nigeria so they pay taxes which will still reflect in the price of there products, same as Samsung, Apple etc.. Let your Umidigi open an office in Nigeria and see if they'll sell devices the same way they sell online.

U completely get me wrong here. My argument was against ur point claiming this device is too expensive compared to camon x pro. If u check my previous posts on other threads I've already emphasized on reasons why tecno and infinix phones need to be more expensive than those bought from overseas online stores. Tecno have offices here, they pay tax, pay Nigerians as workers and offer after sale services. I've already said these in previous posts. But my point exactly right now is that I will buy this phone for 89k than camon x pro for 76k.
Re: Is The UMIDIGI Z2 Worth 89,000 Naira? by Lexusgs430: 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
Ejadike:

The less physical presence Umidigi has, the cheaper they can sell their devices........

They pass the amount not spent, directly to their customers in cheaper prices......
Re: Is The UMIDIGI Z2 Worth 89,000 Naira? by chrisbaxtian(m): 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
Ejadike:
bro, just buy the latest TECNO Spark2

I just bought a Motorola G5. rocking the device now. I don't want to even give it to the hoe again. was expecting an iPhone, like say her papa fit buy am

4 Likes

Re: Is The UMIDIGI Z2 Worth 89,000 Naira? by Ejadike(m): 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2018
greenhulk:

U completely get me wrong here. My argument was against ur point claiming this device is too expensive compared to camon x pro. If u check my previous posts on other threads I've already emphasized on reasons why tecno and infinix phones need to be more expensive than those bought from overseas online stores. Tecno have offices here, they pay tax, pay Nigerians as workers and offer after sale services. I've already said these in previous posts. But my point exactly right now is that I will buy this phone for 89k than camon x pro for 76k.
okay, different strokes for different folks I guess..
Re: Is The UMIDIGI Z2 Worth 89,000 Naira? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2018
sureteeboy:
I can't pay $260 for Helio P23 when Xiaomi MI 8 SE with snapdragon 710 is just $270. This is one hell of an overpriced device that could only look like a bargain in the eyes of an average tecno and Infinix device user.
truth wel said and this phone is full with differrent issues
Re: Is The UMIDIGI Z2 Worth 89,000 Naira? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2018
tbadejo25:

Infinix Note 5 with P23 is $170
Camon X with P23 is $150

Where is the bargain?
and they are others around same price and x2 better than

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bbm Group For Nigerians In North America / How To Use Another Sim Card In An MTN Phone / Custom Rom For Lava Iris 402

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.