Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,948 members, 7,848,843 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:00 AM

‘why I Stopped Being A Feminist’ – Billionaires Daughter, DJ Cuppy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘why I Stopped Being A Feminist’ – Billionaires Daughter, DJ Cuppy (216 Views)

Billionaires Daughter, Temi Otedola Rocks N120k PIN Earrings In New Photos / Wumi Toriola: "Toyin Abraham Slapped Me, That's Why I Stopped Being Her Friend" / "I'll Date My Biggest Fan" — Billionaires Daughter DJ Cuppy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘why I Stopped Being A Feminist’ – Billionaires Daughter, DJ Cuppy by 3Ebisco: 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2018
Florence Otedola, a Nigerian Disc Jockey, professionally known as DJ Cuppy, has refused to pitch her tent with feminists, stating that “she does not really understand it”.

The daughter of the oil magnate, Femi Otedola, revealed this in a recent interview with City FM.

In the interview, she said: “I used to consider myself a feminist until I realized that I did not really understand it. I don’t like people who are hypocrites. People are out there speaking about women rights, but behind closed doors are doing crazy things.

“I will never come out as a feminist because I am in a male-dominated industry, so I have a certain scenario. I deal with men on a daily basis and I realise that they will always think that they are better than women. I don’t think it is going to solve it.

“But you must also limit the amount of attention you give them because let’s be honest, the more energy you put into one thing, the less time you can into another.

“If I literally sat down all day and spoke about how hard it is being a woman, I won’t have time to sit here talking with you, because I will be somewhere in Alade market talking about how women need better rights.”

The post ‘Why I Stopped Being A Feminist’ – Billionaires Daughter, DJ Cuppy appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria's Most Visited Music & Entertainment Website.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/why-i-stopped-being-feminist.html

(1) (Reply)

Tove Lo Showing Her / Mr Emma / Why I Don't Consider Myself A Feminist Anymore - Dj Cuppy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.