Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,688 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race (1210 Views)

Nasiru Idris Wins Kebbi Governorship Election / INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive / Malami Withdraws From Kebbi Governorship, To Remain As AGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race by 247frolic(m): 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2018
Alhaji Ibrahim Mera, son to the late emir of Argungu, has declared intention to run for governor under the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2019 general election.

Mera, a retired Deputy Comptroller General, Nigeria Customs Service and brother to the current Emir of Argungu, Dr Samaila Mera, declared his intention on Thursday in Birnin Kebbi at the state APC secretariat.

Mera will likely battle for the party’s endorsement with the governor of the state, Atiku Bagudu, who is serving his first term in office.

“My desire to contest the seat was born out of the love I have for my state and its people.

“After I served my country excellently and diligently in the Nigerian Custom Service, I deem it patriotic to come home and contribute my quota to the development of Kebbi state and its people,” he said.

However, Alhaji Ali Bature, the state Financial Secretary of APC, who spoke on behalf of the state Chairman, Alhaji Bala Kangiwa, told the aspirant that the party had since endorsed President Muhammadu Buhari and Gov. Bagudu.

“We have never seen you in any of our party’s programmes for three years now, but as a member of our party, you have the right to contest for any position you want in our party,” he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Mera, son to the 32nd Emir of Argungu, late Muhammadu Mera, holds the traditional title of Ciroman Kabi.

http://www.metronaija.ng/2019-emirs-joins-kebbi-governorship-race-2/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: 2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race by tech18: 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2018
Good development, I think Ciroman Kabi should be given the chance to run

I don't think Atiku Bagudu deserves a Second Term
Re: 2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race by philfearon(m): 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2018
tech18:
Good development, I think Ciroman Kabi should be given the chance to run

I don't think Atiku Bagudu deserves a Second Term
Based on what?
Re: 2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race by tech18: 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2018
philfearon:

Based on what?
The present Governor has not impacted on the lives of the people of the state.His only achievement is in the Agricultural sector
Re: 2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race by philfearon(m): 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2018
tech18:
The present Governor has not impacted on the lives of the people of the state.His only achievement is in the Agricultural sector
He actually has. Kebbi State is a farming State, agriculture is their main source of income, so it's no surprise he is focusing more there.
As someone currently in Kebbi, I can tell you that Kebbi has one of the best road networks in Nigeria and is the only state in Nigeria with a semblance of Steady power supply.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race by Auladimeji(m): 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2018
philfearon:

He actually has. Kebbi State is a farming State, agriculture is their main source of income, so it's no surprise he is focusing more there.
As someone currently in Kebbi, I can tell you that Kebbi has one of the best road networks in Nigeria and is the only state in Nigeria with a semblance of Steady power supply.
God bless you
Re: 2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race by Ifiokumo: 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2018
Arewa matter and not for us
Re: 2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race by tech18: 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2018
philfearon:

I am an indigene of Kebbi,so I know Kebbi before Bagudu's administration.

I agree with the fact that we have good roads but the roads were not constructed by the Bagudu administration.

Stable electricity exist only in major towns BK,Jega,Aliero,etc

I am a fan of PMB but I will never support Gov. Bagudu.
Re: 2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race by ManirBK: 5:12pm On Aug 30, 2018
tech18:

I agree with the fact that we have good roads but the roads were not constructed by the Bagudu administration.

lol ko sai an baku kudin hutu!
Re: 2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race by tech18: 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2018
ManirBK:
lol ko sai an baku kudin hutu!
Hahahah ManirBk,ai ni ba ma'aikacin State ko Local Govt ba ne

Atiku Bagudu yayi kokari in terms of prompt payment of salaries
Re: 2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race by ManirBK: 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2018
tech18:

Hahahah ManirBk,ai ni ba ma'aikacin State ko Local Govt ba ne

Atiku Bagudu yayi kokari in terms of prompt payment of salaries
yan pension Za suyi mashi adduar bayan hannu possibly saturday!
Re: 2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race by tech18: 5:43pm On Aug 30, 2018
ManirBK:
yan pension Za suyi mashi adduar bayan hannu possibly saturday!
tabdddi,so bai biya Yan-Pension ba?

Na ji an CE kadan-kadan ya ke basu
Re: 2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race by philfearon(m): 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2018
tech18:

Maybe as an outsider, i may not really understand why you made your decision, but at least, you can enlighten me a little.
Re: 2019: Emir’s Joins Kebbi Governorship Race by tech18: 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2018
philfearon:

Maybe as an outsider, i may not really understand why you made your decision, but at least, you can enlighten me a little.
I am not disputing the fact that Governor Atiku Bagudu tried in terms of Agriculture as you mentioned.

But with the bail out funds,Paris club funds,etc given to States ,he should have performed better in terms of infrastructural development,equipping the schools started by the former administration with teaching facilities and qualified teachers, provision of jobs etc .

(1) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosun Has Not Resigned--NTA / Ooni Of Ife Reveals Himself 7 Days Later, After Going Into Seclusion In Osun / Buhari Speaks On Saying ‘40m Nigerians Are Mad’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.