Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,034 members, 7,956,827 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:08 PM

INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive (19619 Views)

Nasiru Idris Wins Kebbi Governorship Election / Malami Withdraws From Kebbi Governorship, To Remain As AGF / Davido Reacts As INEC Declares Osun Governorship Election Inconclusive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by chisomkachy: 3:37am On Mar 20, 2023
The Returning Officer explained that 20 out of the 21 LGAs had cancellations in certain PUs.

TOTAL SCORE
APC - 388258
PDP - 342980

No of PVCs collected in affected RAs - 91829

The margin of lead is lesser, hence its inconclusive nature.

INEC’s REC in Kebbi, Professor Yusuf Saidu, has declared the governorship election in Kebbi state inconclusive over what he described as irregularities which marred elections in 18 local government areas of the state

The returning officer quoted some sections from the electoral law which gave him the power to declare the results inconclusive.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/breaking-inec-declares-kebbi-governorship-election-inconclusive/

Video: https://fb.watch/jnwgaFuGxt/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by Agbadocassava: 3:39am On Mar 20, 2023
Malami can be a bad market

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by Penguin2: 4:02am On Mar 20, 2023
I would have loved to see APC lose but I don’t think PDP can close up over 30k lead in the supplementary election.

With Kano gone and Lagos standing on faulty foundation, I want all vote bank states taken from APC let’s see what they’ll come up with in 2027.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by FairlyUSEDpussy: 4:04am On Mar 20, 2023
Yakubu Manhood don dey carry this electoral constitution go where I no Ooo

Wasn't someone declared winner here??

10 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by funshint(m): 4:14am On Mar 20, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Where the no of cancelled votes is more than the margin between the top 2 contenders the election is declared inconclusive.

31 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by Urheadmaster(m): 4:22am On Mar 20, 2023
The just concluded presidential elections in Nigeria is supposed to be declared inconclusive as well tongue

7 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by OneTwoOne(m): 4:29am On Mar 20, 2023
Here, APC is leading with 40k plus votes and was still declare inconclusive.

Where are those brainless People who castigate APC when it happened when PDP led in Osun?

This is about rule of law and even common sense. No emotion

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by OneTwoOne(m): 4:31am On Mar 20, 2023
Because LP couldn't suffice this Current tsunami you're wishy-washy bad for APC cunning 🐦

Tinubu 8 years is solid, get ready to wail
Penguin2:
I would have loved to see APC lose but I don’t think PDP can close up over 30k lead in the supplementary election.

With Kano gone and Lagos standing on faulty foundation, I want all vote bank states taken from APC let’s see what they’ll come up with in 2027.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by Penguin2: 4:39am On Mar 20, 2023
OneTwoOne:
Because LP couldn't suffice this Current tsunami you're wishy-washy bad for APC cunning 🐦

Tinubu 8 years is solid, get ready to wail

Shebi na all of us enjoy Buhari regime?

You think you are doing me? Lol

17 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by Penguin2: 4:41am On Mar 20, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Disregard this from Kaduna. It’s not authentic.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by OneTwoOne(m): 4:41am On Mar 20, 2023
It shall be fruitful for us, I mean WE.

I'm not talking about YOU. Whatever you wants in his reign, you'll get 'em.

The reality that remain is that Tinubu 8 years will complete
Penguin2:

Shebi na all of us enjoy Buhari regime?

You think you are doing me? Lol

13 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by ManirBK: 4:54am On Mar 20, 2023
Penguin2:

30k where

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by seunmsg(m): 5:02am On Mar 20, 2023
APC is leading with about 45k votes so no reason to worry.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by Karlifate: 5:11am On Mar 20, 2023
Penguin2:

There's no Lagos standing on faulty foundation, except the lagos street in your village.

People voted for personality, not party.
Ditto for Presidential & NA elections.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by MissLeslie(m): 5:54am On Mar 20, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

The total register voters in that particular LGA is more than the margin, so allow them to complete the voting first.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by frank14011991(m): 6:02am On Mar 20, 2023
Penguin2:

remember kano has not gone to the hand of pdp and with 6 reps, 1 senator and a handful of state house of assembly members, the whole North Central is now APC, kano, kaduna, KATSINA, adeleke will soon vacate his seats by God's grace, makinde might be defecting, APC is home and dry in 2027

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by Jorussia(m): 6:36am On Mar 20, 2023
APC has won this one already. The voter turn out in the supplementary poll cannot be more than 50k.

6 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by malvisguy212: 6:44am On Mar 20, 2023
Karlifate:

There's no Lagos standing on faulty foundation, except the lagos street in your village.

People voted for personality, not party.
Ditto for Presidential & NA elections.
so it's mean in Lagos Peter obi personality is far greater than Tinubu because obi won free and fair in Lagos . ?
Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by IgboSomalia: 6:51am On Mar 20, 2023
Penguin2:

Which Lagos is standing on faulty foundation?
Come 2027, we will beat you stupid migrants blue black.

11 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by Simeonjoe1: 6:56am On Mar 20, 2023
Penguin2:

True. But I think kano will always be a stronghold of APC. I'm surprised by the woeful performance of the PDP in Kano, scoring votes like new party...

Truth is that upturning the APC has to be now, if not I don't see any party beating them in 2027.

6 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by BOLATINUBU01: 7:04am On Mar 20, 2023
Penguin2:

unfortunately for you, APC is taking everywhere grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by Karlifate: 7:20am On Mar 20, 2023
malvisguy212:
so it's mean in Lagos Peter obi personality is far greater than Tinubu because obi won free and fair in Lagos . ?

Good question 👍

The "personality" in the context of my earlier comment, has a lot of factors attached to it.

From the election results:

✓ Peter Obi secured 582 454 votes.
✓ BAT scored 572 606 votes.
✓ Atiku managed to come third with 75 750 votes.

Factors like religion, candidates' ethnicity, social media trends, age, the tribe of the incumbent president at the National level, loyalty to political benefactors etc influenced the electorates to vote for their preferred candidates at the polls.

Now, talking about Tinubu & Obi.
The margin between them is 9 848 votes: This means the BAT would have won if he had chosen a Christian VP, as this will appease the religious sentiment of the electorates, but then, he would be given a TKO at the National level.
So, he'd rather sacrifice a battle to win a war.

Strategy win elections, not sentiment.

Alhaji Atiku Abubakar didn't even get up to 100K votes, which shows that the electorates do not want another Fulani man at the National level, despite him choosing a Christian VP from the South-South. kiss

One of the lessons in this election is that people should stop undermining experience, because:

Soldiers with combat experience are far more likely to survive when sent to a battlefield, than soldiers without the previous exposure to combat. 💯

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by AminuRano87(m): 7:55am On Mar 20, 2023
Penguin2:

the lead is 46,000 it cannot be recovered from 91,000 cancelled votes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by Penguin2: 8:12am On Mar 20, 2023
AminuRano87:
the lead is 46,000 it cannot be recovered from 91,000 cancelled votes

That’s what I said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by Penguin2: 8:17am On Mar 20, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

True. But I think kano will always be a stronghold of APC. I'm surprised by the woeful performance of the PDP in Kano, scoring votes like new party...

Truth is that upturning the APC has to be now, if not I don't see any party beating them in 2027.
What you would say is that Tinubu as a sitting President won’t be conducting an election.

But having seen the hand of APC in this election, LP, PDP and NNPP can decide to come together and present a candidate in 2027 and if they do, APC can be defeated. But unfortunately Tinubu won’t be conducting an election.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by famology(m): 8:21am On Mar 20, 2023
Penguin2:

U go cry tire

4 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by Tonylyte(m): 8:26am On Mar 20, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

INEC is a confused institution. Brace up for the worst should Tinubu eventually rules.
Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by Gokoyer0(m): 8:29am On Mar 20, 2023
Whaoo, around 3000 margin. The result in Kaduna really showed that Southern Kaduna gave a good fight. They are really tired of blood sucking vampires ruling them

In all honesty, to dislodge APC in power, LP and NNPP or PDP have to merge together. This was how PDP lost power in 2015. It may be bitter to take but that is the reality on ground.
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Re: INEC Declares Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive by searchng4love: 8:32am On Mar 20, 2023
Penguin2:

Then you clearly don't know Asiwaju

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why The Kano Tribunal Verdict Can’t Stand - Farooq Kperogi / "Boko Haram Killed 28 Nigerian Soldiers Of 72 Battalion Between 2012 & 2015" / Abba Moro: Benue Killings, Enough Is Enough, It’s Time To Defend Our Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.