Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused (35648 Views)

[mp3] Saint Janet – High Life Pt. 1 / Janet Jackson First Heard Michael Jackson’s Hit Thriller While Sat In His Car / Janet Jackson Make Come Back With Yoruba Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by OttHin: 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2018
In summary
She is not LifeLess.

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by omocalabar(m): 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2018
Arab money don tire u?
Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Hops55: 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2018
That's cool
Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by badman007(m): 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2018
Our ancestors sold our brothers and sisters.

They belong to Africa.

Nigga-Area= Nigeria is derogatory name given to us by racist flora Shaw.

We can either be like Former gold coast (Ghana) and show the world our true identity or embrace our Nigga-Area status and hope to make the most out of it.

Only Nigerians are oblivious of this fact. Everyone else in the world knows. What sort of leaders would have their people so uneducated and unenlightened.

China for Asian/chinese Race,
Nigeria for the heardsmen.
Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by amanikondo: 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2018
Dey even danced Shoki

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by tiger28: 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2018
Before nkor! Which other langage has GLOBAL influence from Fela to Sonny Okosun to wizkid, tiwa and davido.

10 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
HaileSelassie:
So? undecided
So, So
E dey pain you

grin

7 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Yungned: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2018
Dee60:
Dialet? or Dialect?
guy iyaff do, ahan. Ur eye too sharp
Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Minjim: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2018
This woman is full of energy

The choreographer must be a Nigerian

They danced Skelewu, Azonto and Galala

5 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2018
omocalabar:
Gold digger is back

Eeeehn is it your gold

2 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by biggie73(m): 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2018
post=70748833:
The song kicked with yoruba drummers making some lyrics "Asiko Ope, Janet Ti De".

This is quite IMPRESSIVE.
Who knows if the Jackson's are even from Iseyin in Oyo State.....who knows?! wink
....she is your neighbor at Iseyin

2 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by rhythyson: 1:50pm On Aug 30, 2018
Realname:

Remember when she was younger and refused to kiss the almighty Tupac shakur except he was tested for HIV on the set of poetic Justice ?

Now she looks like poached eggs with too much salt

I am sure Everytime she sees that in documentaries she regrets that decision. How many kids does she have again? Where is her true love and happy family?

Smh

Life is transient

you harsh oooo

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by israelmao(m): 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2018
Yoruba people and their language are going places.

5 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Funkybabee(f): 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2018
Wow!!!

I love her song

2 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Atigba: 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2018
Nice song

2 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Jerrick(m): 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2018
post=70748833:
The song kicked with yoruba drummers making some lyrics "Asiko Ope, Janet Ti De".

Who knows if the Jackson's are even from Iseyin in Oyo State.....who knows?! wink
No no no be Iseyin, they’re from Bariga. Olamide no just wan loud am angry

3 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by DKM123: 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2018
Beautiful Africa themed video. Even shakushaku and the rest were infused. Cool.
Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by qpapa: 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2018
TOLUWALASE YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO SPEAK YORUBA BY FORCE... SOORY WHO SLAP ME

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by SenorFax(m): 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
People can hardly ignore a rich culture.

It's impossible to ignore good things.

They hate us cos they ain't us.

9 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Mccullum: 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2018
addicted268:
Yoruba amaka cheesy

Point of correction, it is a Yoruba ajoke grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Lordofthewest(m): 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2018
Anybody wey tell me say I speak too much yoruba for this Lagos na thunder go fire am..Make everybody go learn hin language.Yoruba is my first language pidgin English my second..Shikena

11 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by anjilgreat(f): 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2018
In faraway United States of America, there is a Yoruba community named Oyotunji African Village. It is located near Sheldon, Beaufort County, South Carolina. Oyotunji is regarded as North America's oldest authentic African village. Oyotunji, a mini Yoruba nation in America where they practice, teach Yoruba culture and tradition

It was founded in 1970 and is the first intentional community in North America, based on the culture of the Yoruba and Dahomey tribes of West Africa.

It has survived 48 years of sustaining the Yoruba traditional sociology and values in the diaspora.

The village is named after the Oyo Empire, and the name literally means "Oyo returns" or "Oyo rises again" or “Oyo resurrects”. The village occupies 27 acres of land.

During the slave trade era, many Africans were taken as slave abroad. While going, some left with their culture and tradition which they continued with in the strange land where they found themselves. They continued with the culture and tradition of their fathers so as to maintain their identity.

The Yorubas in slavery are among the Africans that maintained their culture in the strange land and it was handed down to their children from generation to generation.

Many of their children, after the abolition of the slave trade, have married children of their former masters thus having children of mixed blood, that notwithstanding, they still carry on with their African culture in the foreign land since most of them cannot trace their root back to Africa.

The Yoruba culture has been one of the prominent and most celebrated one throughout the world till date.

* I read the above article some days ago. Many African-Americans have their ancestry in Nigerian
I won't be surprised if she has a Yoruba ancestry. Do you know that Serena and Venus Williams had an elder Sister, named Yetunde.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by daylae(m): 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2018
post=70748833:

wrong... their family house is at oluyole, Ibadan.

3 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by rhythyson: 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2018
Na wah ooo even Janetu too dey discriminate against the Yeast..

Shioor she don join Buhari

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Adefemiaderoju1: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2018
Ayodejioak:
The same dialect some of the indigene shy away from.

Put up a class for your culture, country or someone else will

Not some lifeless set of block heads everywhere
That's the damaged one Nigeria has caused us imagine if we have Odudua republic

2 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by statusquoante: 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2018
@wristbangle
It's language not dialect.

Piggyyeasterners are green with envy.

Proudly Yoruba... cool

2 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by addicted268(f): 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2018
Mccullum:

Point of correction, it is a Yoruba ajoke grin grin grin

Lol.if we have igbo amaka,why can't we have Yoruba amaka?

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Alejoc(m): 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2018
Yoruba is an international language!

4 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by selfmade22: 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
addicted268:
Yoruba amaka cheesy
sssshhhhhh nigerians amaka grin
Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Carlyboi(m): 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
anjilgreat:
Oyotunji, a mini Yoruba nation in America where they practice, teach Yoruba culture and tradition

During the slave trade era, many Africans were taken as slave abroad. While going, some left with their culture and tradition which they continued with in the strange land where they found themselves. They continued with the culture and tradition of their fathers so as to maintain their identity.

The Yorubas in slavery are among the Africans that maintained their culture in the strange land and it was handed down to their children from generation to generation.

Many of their children, after the abolition of the slave trade, have married children of their former masters thus having children of mixed blood, that notwithstanding, they still carry on with their African culture in the foreign land since most of them cannot trace their root back to Africa.

The Yoruba culture has been one of the prominent and most celebrated one throughout the world till date.

* I read the above article some days ago. Many African-Americans have their ancestry in Nigerian
I won't be surprised if she has a Yoruba ancestry. Do you know that Serena and Venus Williams had a Sister, named Yemisi.
Bo,its yetunde not yemisi and thats becoz the wiliams had a nigerian neighbour who was yoruba and i think she or one of her kids bear that name so their dad named there lil sister yetunde....not necessarily cos they have got yoruba ancestry the williams even clarified this when they came to Nigeria,lagos some years ago....I am actually yoruba tho and proudly one....Yorubas are great people i love my Tribe say whatever you want!omo yoruba lemi o Swagger!

2 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Isomerizm(m): 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2018
post=70748833:

Are you from Iseyin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ed Sheeran To Remix Fireboy’s 'Peru' (Video) / Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya / 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.