Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,070 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary (32723 Views)

NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators / Anselm Ojezua: Oshiomhole Lied, We Notified Him That We Wanted Indirect Primary / APC Adopts Direct Primaries For Edo Governorship Election Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by AllTheWayUp: 4:38pm On Aug 30, 2018
Fear Of Disintegration and Defections As APC Adopts Decision Of Governors And Senators On Indirect Primaries Against Tinubu and Oshiomole's Opinion

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has adopted indirect primary for all elective positions apart from the presidential election.

The decision was taken at the 6th national executive committee (NEC) meeting of the party in Abuja on Thursday.

Simon Lalong, governor of Plateau state, told reporters that states may consider direct primary when the need rises.

WHAT IS INDIRECT PRIMARY?

Indirect primary election is when delegates choose the party’s candidate as against when interested members of the party vote for a candidate.
The issue of the primary had left stakeholders of the party divided, with some federal lawmakers threatening to pull out of the ruling party if it adopts direct primary.

Adams Oshiomhole, national chairman of the APC, had hinted that a decision would be taken on direct or indirect primary at the NEC meeting.

He gave the hint after a caucus meeting of the party at the presidential villa on Tuesday.

“By Thursday (today) we will go to NEC where the formal decisions will be ratified and once they are ratified there will be no problem; they are not being kept (secret) because every member of the party and indeed Nigerians are entitled to know how we agreed about the exercise.

“But I think everybody has confidence that we will do a very credible primaries to ensure that those who fly the flag of the party have the mandate of their various constituencies.”

More to follow…

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-apc-adopts-indirect-primary-senatorial-governorship-polls

1 Share

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by AllTheWayUp: 4:38pm On Aug 30, 2018
The APC Governors and Senators have checkmated the ulterior motives of Oshiomole and Tinubu

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by destinychildolu(m): 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2018
I am disappointed

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by iammo(m): 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2018
undecided that direct primaries would have been a great idea, all the abuja senators that forgot the way to their constituency would have kissed their seat goodbye and the governors that only favor their family and friends in appointments as opposed to qualified party members they would have been packing their loads. I guess as usual Tinubu over estimated his influence

P.S;
even if people like tinubu, oshiomole, osinbanjo, fashola, ameachi, ambode and other creative people in APC try to introduce something progressive, some backward elements would never allow it to work

119 Likes 9 Shares

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by xangerar: 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2018
destinychildolu:
I am disappointed

Me too.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by WisdomFlakes: 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2018
I knew those governors would be too scared of the direct primary idea because many of them are unpopular in their states. They can even rebel sef because it would give power to the people. They prefer manipulated primaries and imposition.

61 Likes

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by Naychuzzy(m): 4:48pm On Aug 30, 2018
AllTheWayUp:
The APC Governors and Senators have checkmated the ulterior motives of Oshiomole and Tinubu

Yes brother and believe me when I say no Governor benefits more from this than Ambode himself.. Dem don already squeeze the guy tight. Aregbesola wan come Lagos back to become Senator, lagos west.. Looool.... This is Nigeria!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by Minjim: 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2018
The state governors have won this battle against the electorate

28 Likes

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by Minjim: 5:04pm On Aug 30, 2018
AllTheWayUp:

Direct Primaries is in the interest of the electorates not Oshiomole and Tinubu

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by kehinde1588(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
Indirect primary election doesn't represent the choice of the majority, its only represent the choice of the major stakeholders in the party. Direct primary is the best method the party should av adopted. In this regard, it gives every member of the party sense of belonging and full participation in the primary election, by doing this, it will reduce corruption and bribery in the party. Though it was not adopted, but I.must say that I love the initiave.

14 Likes

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by 80million1: 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
Okay o.

1 Like

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
destinychildolu:
I am disappointed
iammo:
undecided that direct primaries would have been a great idea, all the abuja senators that forgot the way to their constituency would have kissed their seat goodbye and the governors that only favor their family and friends in appointments as opposed to qualified party members they would have been packing their loads. I guess as usual Tinubu over estimated his influence
Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by kennypoju04: 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
The days ahead is gonna be hot politically

Get your rmb from us
Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by AtikuNetwork: 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2018
I hate APCshit with a passion but on the direct primary business I absolutely support the idea. If well implemented it would make the elected officials to sit up and be more accountable to those that elected them because if an elected representative messes up, he will know for sure that his constituency would be waiting to replace him without fear of imposition.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2018
AllTheWayUp:

it is the governors that have ulterior motives. it is a sad day for Nigerian politics. you clearly do not understand the ramifications

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by Maxymilliano(m): 5:58pm On Aug 30, 2018
Hypocrites. Instead of telling us that the party rejected direct primary. Who is challenging Buhari for the APC ticket before? You love deceiving yourselves a lot.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by adioolayi(m): 5:58pm On Aug 30, 2018
Meaning, Governorship, State House of Assembly candidates will be picked by consensus... while NASS and Presidential candidates will be picked by elected state delegates (Direct primary) ...Hope I am correct

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by DrLazCommenting: 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2018
Please can't Oshiomole change that his Karki dress
Will he die ??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2018
AP.......
Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2018
I'm disappointed

5 Likes

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by Kingjames(m): 6:00pm On Aug 30, 2018
xangerar:

Me too.
. me too

4 Likes

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by Jorge22(m): 6:00pm On Aug 30, 2018
God bless the federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by Kingjames(m): 6:00pm On Aug 30, 2018
xangerar:

Me too.
. me too

3 Likes

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by Butterflyleo: 6:00pm On Aug 30, 2018
AllTheWayUp:

You and the people who liked your comment are so uneducated.

So you do not realise that Oshiomhole was trying to put power in the hands of the people by adopting direct primaries?

Your uneducated mind now thinks Direct primaries is wrong and you think Oshiomhole was doing something bad .

I pity this generation of confused youth

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by ultimate77(m): 6:00pm On Aug 30, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by SimplePlan34: 6:01pm On Aug 30, 2018
Shebi baba Osho dey run mouth upandan before
Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by statusquoante: 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2018
Ok
Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by uniqUN(m): 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2018
If you are a Nigerian youth and this news is true and you are rejoicing that APC or Tinubu or Buhari has failed to put the governors on leash, then you should know you have no right to condemn this government of tyrant or anti-democratic in entirety. Because even the so-called PDP that are claiming to have changed and seek forgiveness cannot dare even mention adopting the direct primaries where you could choose a candidate of your choice by voting right from the delegates level.

16 Likes

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by buharitill2023: 6:03pm On Aug 30, 2018
Almost all the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist are children.

Direct primary is for nass and president while indirect is for governor and house of assembly.

1 Like

Re: APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary by aragonchuks(m): 6:03pm On Aug 30, 2018
ATIKU/PETER OBI 2019 is the people’s choice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Money In Foreign Currency Hidden In Abuja’s Aso Drive – Whistle-blower / After Meeting Tinubu, Alao-Akala Rejoins APC - Oyoinsight.com / Ifeanyi Okowa Mourns Davido's Son, Ifeanyi Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.