Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory (10116 Views)

Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews / Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! / HOTEL REVIEWS NGR & Gimmicks Abuja Hoteliers Use To Attract Lodgers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by Jio(m): 7:10am On Aug 04, 2010
@CashChaser

Ratings are provided by agencies such as The AA and individual hotels need to apply for an assessment. You can find more info here

http://www.theaa.com/travel_editorial/hotel_services_hotel_recognition_scheme.html
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by bisoyeg(m): 7:10am On Aug 19, 2010
please can anyone help with a nice hotel in Festac town pleas its very urgent
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by Jio(m): 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2010
bisoyeg:

please can anyone help with a nice hotel in Festac town pleas its very urgent

Check this page, 3 hotels in Festac are listed there.

http://www.plus234.com/hotels/lagos-state/festac
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by bisoyeg(m): 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2010
i need directory to Hotels in Festac please help
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by DisGuy: 11:56pm On Aug 20, 2010
bisoyeg:

why dont you try the ones up there?
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by DisGuy: 11:58pm On Aug 20, 2010
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by naijatoday: 3:44am On Aug 21, 2010
bisoyeg:

Golden Tulip-Festac

http://www.goldentulip.com/Property/?PropCode=GT;046119&Language=EN

this hotel has received good review from Trip Advisor (that is what I use in picking a hotel)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g304026-d1651125-Reviews-Golden_Tulip_Festac_Lagos-Lagos_Lagos_State.html
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by LAGOS1976: 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2010
Any other info on italy.
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by DisGuy: 6:01am On Sep 05, 2010
bump!!

More hotels??

Ilupeju

Yaba

Alimosho

Ikeja

Festac?

Kwara Hotelssss?

Ondo

unstuck!!
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by collinsfbi(m): 12:45pm On Oct 06, 2010
Thanks to all my prob is solved
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by dustydee: 10:05am On Nov 29, 2010
Please I will be in Lagos- Ikeja for a week from the 5th, Please I need suggestions about hotels within the range of 6-7k. thanks so much
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by DisGuy: 12:09am On Dec 03, 2010
dustydee:

Please I will be in Lagos- Ikeja for a week from the 5th, Please I need suggestions about hotels within the range of 6-7k. thanks so much

http://www.hotel1960.com/index.php

never tried it
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by DisGuy: 12:14am On Dec 03, 2010
http://www.lagoslocation.com/info.php?id=107

Reliance Royal Suites -Single Room
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by Iretia(m): 6:48am On Dec 03, 2010
www.LagosLocation.com is Nigeria's leading online hotel price comparison search engine, offering deals in several hotels and guest houses across Lagos. Why waste money calling each hotel one after the other just to compare their prices when you can compare prices from top hotels in Lagos in one click from LagosLocation.com? Hotels can be searched for by suburb, e.g. Festac, Ajao Estate, Surulere, Ikoyi, etc. Hotels can also be searched by price.

Below are some hotels and their prices in Festac, Lagos. You can even book the hotel room directly from LagosLocation.com and get confirmation straight from the hotel.

Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by thameamead(f): 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2010
would anyone please recommend a nice Hotel with a good gym in Ibadan plus address and contact number.
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by lomolink(m): 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2010
thameamead:

would anyone please recommend a nice Hotel with a good gym in Ibadan plus address and contact number.

What I still feel bemused about is why one would look for each hotel one by one. It is time consuming and probably not the most effective way.
Nigerians in diaspora dont even know where the best place to go is and they need a reputable place where they can search for hotels. In response to @CashChaser, you cant really rely on the hotels individual ratings as they will always over exaggerate their rating. Imagine going to a hotel that calls itself "5 star" and they dont have hot water. I would be seriously annoyed.

Try out www.lomolink.com and join Facebook: www.facebook.com/lomolink

An introductory offer at the moment so if you are a hotel owner send pictures and details to info@lomolink.com, we will do the rest. or just simply get in touch.

Good day!
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by MsPotato(f): 8:31am On Dec 27, 2010
Im shocked really. Please tell me why are the hotels in Nigeria so expensive? I almost could no breathe when I saw the price list, . . Can anyone tell me of at least one decent clean hotel which is about USD 150 - USD200 in Lagos. . . Even that is freaking expensive to me. . . I dont know. Its very sad for me and I almost wanna cry. Anyways, please help. Thank you.

Merry Christmas y'all
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by DisGuy: 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2010
Ms. Potato:

Im shocked really. Please tell me why are the hotels in Nigeria so expensive? I almost could no breathe when I saw the price list, . . Can anyone tell me of at least one decent clean hotel which is about USD 150 - USD200 in Lagos. . . Even that is freaking expensive to me. . . I dont know. Its very sad for me and I almost wanna cry. Anyways, please help. Thank you.

Merry Christmas y'all

So True

mainly because they have to provide their own water, electricity, security etc from scracth
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by shilling(f): 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Merry Christmas y'all

Dis Guy:

So True

mainly because they have to provide their own water, electricity, security etc from scracth

smh . . . sad sad.
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by lomolink(m): 1:20pm On Jan 05, 2011
What I would love to know is out of all these Hotel directories which is the best and why to be honest
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by DisGuy: 1:39pm On Jan 05, 2011
You should be able to tell us, you have done your research whilst setting up your website/directory,

But on the whole most of them have a lot of work to do, there are focused of Lagos and not even all parts of lagos is covered, absolutely no review. I think prices should also be included and the ability to book straight from the website too
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by lomolink(m): 3:58pm On Feb 06, 2011
It is true that we have done our reasearch and whilst I would not say we have the most hotels I think www.lomolink.com has been consistent and committed to ensuring that a standard is maintained. Nobody wants to go to a hotel anymore without seeing what it looks like and as this thread has even sounded, the hotels in Nigeria do not come cheap!!

I think that most of the directories that I have seen personally just chuck lots of hotels and contact details with no real layout, structure and the website becomes quite unbearable. As much as most of these directories want to make money from advertising in every pixel on the screen; it is important that the users experience is enjoyable.

You are right a lot of them are focussed on Lagos but I guess that comes from laziness. Whilst a large proportion of the hotels on Lomo Link do come from Lagos and Abuja we also have some in Calabar, Imo, etc, etc. We are also constantly growing our hotel list.

Again it is difficult to list prices because these are always changing and there is no real time method of ensuring that the prices change on the websites as they do in the hotels. You find that most hotel prices are negotiated at the time of booking and some hotels do not want to list their price.

On the matter of ability to book straight away, I 100% agree that this would be a great benefit but there are certain technical infrastructures. For example, the hotel and website would need to have a system implemented where one can reserve a room at the time of booking (i.e. 10 minute slot before your time expires on the website). Also the hotels would have to adhere to a strict set of rules so that they do not book a room without updating the central server. It would be more damaging to these directories if someone made a booking on one of these sites only to find that when they got to the hotel that the hotel had no more rooms left! In the future we hope that this can happen however it will take a lot of time, money and of course patience.

At Lomo Link you get the chance as well to be a part of it with the mailing list (http://lomolink.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=7a1c288a41640f9154be3d906&id=0ab12a5857)  and the facebook page (www.facebook.com/lomolink) which is always good and we listen to feedback like these. What do you think??
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by Iretia(m): 7:44am On Feb 07, 2011
Villa Sofia Court –One of Nigeria's most illustrious hotels in Lagos joins www.LagosLocation.com
Villa Sofia Court which was commissioned in 2007, features 19 individually designed rooms and suites. The hotel is located in the secured and serene quiet suburb of Omole Estate (North of Lagos) and is just 15-25 minutes drive from both local and international airport within the city.

Villa Sofia Courts has enhanced position within the design segment with light, scent, sound and decor which are all important elements in the guest experience. Each room has air conditioning, Colour Satellite TV (multi channel) with , Flat Screen LCD TV, Tea/Coffee making facility, Electronic door Key Card, Safety Deposit, Box Hair Dryer, High Speed Internet Access, DVD on Demand, Alarm Clock Radio. Villa Sofia Court offers 15% discount as part of its loyalty program for all Villakard guests. Villa Sofia Court can also arrange pick up services for guests with the efficient Lagos Redcap taxis or the Metro taxis. Pick ups can be from anywhere within Lagos e.g. airport runs, shopping, etc

With this agreement, Villa Sofia Court had joined the list of over 200 hotels and 600 hotel rooms in Lagos listed on www.LagosLocation.com for online promotion and marketing. Each hotel room can be independently searched on LagosLocation.com either by price or surburb.

Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by MsPotato(f): 5:18pm On Feb 15, 2011
OMG!! The hoels above are damnnnn expensive~!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by DisGuy: 2:47pm On Feb 16, 2011
crazily expensive cool
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by thameamead(f): 11:35am On Feb 19, 2011
Has anyone used the local airport to fly to Ibadan from Lagos, thinking of using it but i need to know if anyone on this forum has used it, read about it on a website recommended by Jio www.plus234.com
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by Iretia(m): 5:59pm On Mar 14, 2011
www.LagosLocation.com –Nigeria’s most innovative online hotel search and booking portal for Lagos announced that over 500 hotel bookings were processed in January and February 2011.

500 hotel online bookings within just 2months is a good result by any standard considering the fact that some few years ago, searching for hotel information in Lagos was quite difficult and tedious. Typically, a guest had to call several hotels one after the other to get their details and compare their prices.
More than 70% of these bookings were from guests visiting Nigeria from abroad with Europe and North America accounting for 32% and 25% respectively.
5% of the guests came from South Africa. An impressive 20% were bookings from guests within Nigeria

LagosLocation.com had processed hotel bookings on for guests staying at Chalon Suites, Tamarin Hotel, Lasal Hotel, Villa Sofia Court, etc

"The guest traffic we are receiving from LagosLocation.com has increased, being listed on LagosLocation.com is good for our business” said Mr Shola Adewale –the General Manager of Villa Sofia Hotel located at Omole Estate

“This figure is a positive sign that online hotel search and booking is gaining popularity with Nigerian internet community. LagosLocation.com will continue to focus on balancing the need to maintain our value proposition with the expectations of providing authentic information about Lagos hotels to Lagos bound travellers,” explained Ireti Ajala, CEO of Spatial Technologies Ltd –the owner of LagosLocation.com.

Victor Akogun -a guest from Canada said, “Thank you for your wonderful website that made it a lot easier to compare hotel prices across Lagos and book directly”

LagosLocation.com is also happy to announce that more hotels from Egbe, Igando, Ikotun, Egbeda, etc are now listed. This is to ensure that users are presented with more choices when booking their hotels in Lagos.

Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by Laajman(m): 8:27pm On Mar 15, 2011
Hello all,

I'm looking to use an hotel in the Ikeja region for a wedding reception for 2-3 hours.
Not looking to spend more than 200k for the hall, food, drinks etc.
30-35 person max.

Any ideas folks?
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by Iretia(m): 6:15am On Jul 14, 2011
When it comes to hotel bookings in Lagos –Nigeria, price is more important than Security

A poll has indicated that Lagos bound travelers are identifying hotel price as the most important consideration when choosing their hotels in Lagos

The hotel booking poll, carried out by www.LagosLocation.com, revealed that 42% of consumers consider price as the most likely factor to make them book a hotel in Lagos.
The research polled more than 500 online users between December 2010 and June 2011 on what they considered to be the most important factor when choosing a hotel in Lagos.

Only 36% of the consumers identified security as the most important consideration.
23% of the respondents said that a good location was the most important factor, while 7% identified the availability of free wireless internet as the most likely factor to make them book a hotel in Lagos.

“The research findings reinforced the importance of setting the right hotel price in Lagos. With the shout of insecurity in Lagos, who would have thought that consumers actually rated hotel price higher than security when booking their hotels in Lagos? Those hotels in Nigeria, especially Lagos that are not appropriately priced could find themselves fighting a losing battle. LagosLocation.com is giving more power to consumers by helping them compare prices in a very simple way before making an informed decision” said Ireti Ajala CEO of Spatial Technologies Ltd –the parent company of LagosLocation.com

Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by Rooneyboy(m): 7:03pm On Jul 15, 2011
This is Lovely, Woul love to know the price of a decent hotel in asaba, shouldnt be too costly
Re: Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory by fly4cheap: 6:59pm On Aug 10, 2011
You can get cheap hotels on www.9jahotel.com, affordable and neat too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting: Suspect In Custody / General Enquires About Turkey / Third Mainland Bridge Closure: Road Users Applaud Agencies On Smooth Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.