Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? (6174 Views)

Opera Browser Now Comes With Free And Unlimited VPN. / How To Change Your Ip Address Using Mozilla Firefox Browser / Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by luridguy(m): 8:32am On Feb 14, 2006
ok let the truth be told there is no browser i have ever used that does not give me one problem or the other this might not happen if you do not do anything beyond checking your mail coming to nairaland and all those basic stuff and i have have used them all i actually have 3 of them on my pc and i found out that when it comes to downloading explorer is the worst but also explorer is the most compatable i mean it is still the most porpular browser in the world but maybe thats why it has so many problems

i really cant say wich of them i belive is the best but i still use opera more often than any of them
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by kenniy(m): 8:35am On Feb 14, 2006
seun, did you update your firefox? i mean the latest version is 1.5.0.1, fixed a minor flaw. that might be the cause. mean has crashed a few time in the past, but i guess it was more when it was in the beta stages. havnt experience that of recent.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by Seun(m): 9:32am On Feb 14, 2006
Yes, I was on 1.5.0.1 and it was unstable, so I uninstalled it, deleted my profile, then performed a fresh install. Yet Firefox still crashes all the time. Argh! I am going to try Opera once more. I don't like the interface but it hardly crashes and it doesn't use much memory. I have Internet Explorer 7 installed, and it's also good at crashing!
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by hola2ng(m): 11:01am On Feb 14, 2006
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by otokx(m): 2:31pm On Feb 14, 2006
i prefer the opera browser.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by kenniy(m): 6:40pm On Feb 14, 2006
are you guys talking about opera 8.5 or 9beta??
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by 2nde(m): 6:13am On Feb 15, 2006
I have used those three before and i still love I.E reason being that it is easy to navigate through for me.
@ hot-A, if you know where to get your tools for you IE, you can open 10 windows under 1 in IE,
Again, if you know where to get your tools, whenever you are on a phising site or a site that has been reported as phising site, you will be notified, you can get all your passwords encapsulated in one master paassword etc.
I still use I.E and i never have any problem with it
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by nferyn(m): 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2006
I have a personal problem with IE, not because of it's functionality, but because of the conduct of Microsoft during the Browser Wars. Buying the Spyglass code (which was a copy of NCSA Mosaic), quickly adding new incompatible features, bundling it with the OS and making it very difficult to use another browser and basically burrying Netscape under the sheer weight of Windows market share. It was dumping on an unprecedented scale and they got away with it.

Might makes right angry
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by Seun(m): 1:22pm On Feb 15, 2006
Mozilla Firefox is gaining ground today where the old Mozilla based on the netscape browser did not, which shows that the Netscape browser's demise was not due to Microsoft's actions alone. I read that what happened is that IE4 was better than Netscape 4 and was released earlier. If Netscape 4 had been better, it would have taken much longer for Microsoft to win the browser wars.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by nferyn(m): 1:30pm On Feb 15, 2006
Seun:

Mozilla Firefox is gaining ground today where the old Mozilla based on the netscape browser did not, which shows that the Netscape browser's demise was not due to Microsoft's actions alone. I read that what happened is that IE4 was better than Netscape 4 and was released earlier. If Netscape 4 had been better, it would have taken much longer for Microsoft to win the browser wars.
Whether or not Netscape 4 or IE 4 is better is debatable. I would give IE a small advantage. Functionality wise, they were about equal, but on Windows machines IE swas shining because of the tight integration in the OS. An IE process was loaded at startup (which is no longer the case, I think). Of course this made it look like Netscape was really slow - and of course you had to install it afterwards, and why would you do that if you already had a browsers that was as good as Netscape. It was only the old-timers like me that cared about Netscape. Most corporate customers didn't care about Netscape.
Both browsers sucked to at adhering to standards, it was quite a challenge to write html-code that properly displayed in both browsers. It seems those times have passed wink
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by IAH(f): 10:38pm On Feb 15, 2006
Nothing feels like my IE. I just can't get with other browsers, they are all playing on my desktop though. undecided
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by kenniy(m): 11:29pm On Feb 15, 2006
i guess you really havnt tried them, you just installed them.really try and compare , you see that IE is not comparable to Firefox, being there, done that!
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by larger20(m): 6:03am On Feb 16, 2006
Does anyone know how to remove internet explore from computers? I have tried this a lot of times without sucess. Pls advice thank u

Mozilla rocks
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by Seun(m): 6:20am On Feb 16, 2006
You can make Mozilla the default browser and delete all internet explorer shortcuts. I don't think it makes sense to want to uninstall it since other popular programs like Yahoo Messenger make use of some components of Internet Explorer.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by mochafella(m): 7:36am On Feb 16, 2006
Seun:

I don't think it makes sense to want to uninstall it

My sentiments exactly, except you are really desperate for a few MB of hard disk space why remove it. If you really need the space go get a new disk. Besides when you get to a non-standard website you still have the option of powering up IE.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by kenniy(m): 8:37am On Feb 16, 2006
plus for whatever reason reasons, there's an extension that allows you to open IE in a firefox tab. so you dont get to leave firefox if you wanna open a page in IE for any reason. you simply click on it and it powers up IE in that tab!
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by JustBlaze1(m): 5:24pm On Feb 16, 2006
Peronally i'm a firefox guy but i;'ve just started testing the beta version of the new IE 7 which now has the long over due tabbed browsing and it's performing quite well. The GUI is much slicker than the previous version. A glimpse of what MS Vista would look like i guess!
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by sbucareer(f): 2:34am On Feb 18, 2006

You can try Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 here
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by kenniy(m): 10:57am On Feb 25, 2006
still alot of stuff not right in ie7, better than the 6 though. anyone tried opera 9 (beta). i think its quite cool, especially with the fact that it does bit torrent download itself, no need for any extra program. i got some nice books this morning. i think the allpeers extension in firefox is gonna be doing that too but before that, i just might be using opera for my torrents,

seun you said somewhere that firefox does crashes, i think you are right, of recent, my firefox does crashes, dunno if thats a major bug
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by siezemm: 5:02am On Dec 05, 2008
Guys,
Can you help out with Mozilla settings while using it with free gate. mine's giving me hell of problem so i still stick to IE.

Thanks
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by Muza(m): 12:50pm On Dec 05, 2008
Chrome is the best.
It was as if it was built for me cos the functions,layout are wat i've always wanted in a browser
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by Ogboraph(m): 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2008
Mozilla Fire fox is the best u can pause downloads and resume it. You can change ur ip costumise ur anonimouse browsing, it has a lot of add-ons, plug-in and many fetures just cant compaire it with any browser but on special browser is
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2008
Ogboraph:

Mozilla Fire fox is the best u can pause downloads and resume it. You can change ur ip costumise ur anonimouse browsing, it has a lot of add-ons, plug-in and many fetures just can't compaire it with any browser but on special browser is

True talk. I have the latest versions of the 3 browsers on my laptop.Now there's a place where I go with my laptop to browse with wireless and sometimes I run the 3 browsers simultaneously and I've discovered Mozilla firefox beats the other two hands down when it comes to speed and so I"ve designated my firefox specially for browsing with wireless.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by sharpguy08(m): 4:00am On Dec 07, 2008
YOU CAN BROWS FREE VIA EXPLORA AND MOZILLA FIREFOX, JUST HOLLA ME AT 08033545528 OR CHUKSCHRISTAIN@YAHOO.COM
YOU WILL GET IT FREE,
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by DoubleN(m): 8:33am On Dec 07, 2008
Iv been using Mozilla Firefox for about 3years running and i must it is really really convenient and flexible.With the tabbed browsing,addons,download manager support and session restore it really rocks but funny enough i am using google chrome to reply to this post!
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by UNLEASHED(m): 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2008
I just love Firefox than any other!
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by heebakutty: 11:06am On Jul 19, 2011
google Chrome is the best browser, when i was using chrome, my internet browsing was running at a lighting speed, i even checked my speed
http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/
and it was normal subscribed 5Mbps, i was using firefox which chocked my browsing capabilities .
But the only one advantage with firefox is that it has more add ons, which makes things much easier
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by uthamaputi: 2:12am On Mar 02, 2012
this is nice sharing,
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by tashiaevans(m): 11:24am On Mar 02, 2012
Personally I prefer Mozilla, it has so many bugs, it is best web browser I’ve use. Who do not believe me, just install Mozilla and try, different is possible!
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by infomillionaire: 2:36pm On Mar 05, 2012
Moxilla Firefox still remains the best.

It is faster than other browsers
Easy to operate
Easy to manipulate the ip

infact i just love this browser so much compared to the others

(1) (2) (Reply)

Google Announces Own OS (Google Chrome OS) / Plsss Help!!! How Good Is An Hp Elitebook 6930p Compared To Hp Compaq 6910p?? / Geacata Exe Files Virus: Anyone With Solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.