Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student (1248 Views)

Life Tuff (A 30-days Diary Of The Struggles And Question Of An Average Nigerian) / Is There Any Fiction Writer Here That Makes An Average Of 150k Monthly / A Single Writer In Need, Pay Is Monthly And At An Average.... CLOSED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2018
I just decided to do something on this thread.criticism is allowed but please go easy on me grin

Cc:Bantino,YungTemy,Prowdlyngwa,Chipapii

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

When I got into the university,I was excited to be in a new environment,but I was also worried about the problem of cultism,mostly because my elder brother was a cult member and was in his final year.I was just an innocent guy who knew nothing about campus life,so the whole thing was new to me.One day,I was walking past a group of guys who looked rugged like they just smoked a whole roll of weed,when one of them,who seemed to be the leader,called out to me.

Guy: Yes you,come here.

Me: Bros wetin?

Guy: how much you get for hand

Me: how dat one take concern you?(pissed off already)

Guy: wait o,you dey ask me question? you don die! Uche! waste dis guy!

I realised my mistake too late. I went on my knees begging them but they wouldn't listen. All of a sudden I heard a guy shout “Heey!“.

TBC...................

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student by YungTemy(m): 10:00pm On Aug 30, 2018
Ride on bro. smiley #following

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student by Nobody: 4:26am On Aug 31, 2018
YungTemy:
Ride on bro. smiley #following

Thanks. Your story ,“my life on campus“ Inspired this.......

except mine is fictional wink

hope that doesn't count as piracy though.
Re: Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 31, 2018
Continuation

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I turned and saw a light skinned guy,about my age on a red T-shirt and jean wit a camouflage hankercheif,and we all know what that means.

Guy: why you dey opress dis boy na? wetin him do you

Leader: dat one no concern you,dey waka dey go.Abi you wan join am?

Guy: you dey threaten me? you know who i be? na mafiat you dey follow dey yan so!

At the mention of “mafiat“ ,the leader‘s eyes widened. I was also suprised but I just watched the drama unfold.

Guy: now free dat boy before i close my eyes and open am

They let me go immediately,what suprised me was why a cultist would want to help me, “abi he wants to initiate me?“ I kept thinking. These thoughts kept running through my head when he called me,I hesitated at first,then I just thought “He helped me out,maybe I can trust him“,so I decided to follow.

Me: bros thank you,they for finish me for there.(still sweating a bit out of fear)

Guy: no qualms,E just vex me how I see dem dey treat you.

Me: thank you,but why you go wan help me? you be cultist na.

Guy: I no be cultist o,I just want make dem fear.

I later found out that he was also in 100 level,studying medicine. We exchanged numbers,bid each other farewell and went our seperate ways.
I headed to my room to relate what just happened to my friends........
Re: Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student by Bantino(m): 9:07am On Aug 31, 2018
School life...... #following

Ride on

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 31, 2018
Bantino:
School life...... #following
Ride on
Thanks boss,really appreciate
BTW:The best way to help a nigga is to spread the word......thanks
Re: Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 31, 2018
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

It was a bright morning,so i decided to do some chores.I have the habit of listening to music while I work,so I put on my Beats by Dre Bluetooth headphones (the fake one though grin),scrolled down my playlist and selected Wizkid-ojuelegba.The song motivates me to work hard everytime I hear it.I got down to making my bed and some other chores I don't need to mention,when I felt a tap on my shoulder.I turned to see Wilson,my roommate and friend,I didn't even notice that he woke up.

Me: Wilson gud morning,how far?

Wilson: David,I dey call you since you no dey hear?

Me: bros no vex,wetin you wan tell me?

Wilson: me,Daniel,Kossi and Michael dey go Diamond hotel go flex,money dey oo,everywhere soft. You go show?

Me: diamond hotel? no be there G-boys dey run level?

Wilson: na there. wetin? you dey fear?

Me: noo.but you gast dey careful oo.I go show.

Little did I know what was waiting for me.......................
Re: Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student by victoria2000(f): 12:07am On Sep 01, 2018
Ride on jere,we dey ur back
Re: Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 01, 2018
victoria2000:
Ride on jere,we dey ur back

Thanks,I was already losing hope.YungTemy,i guess this is how you felt when you just started lol. Update loading...............
Re: Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student by victoria2000(f): 3:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
Dayvey:

Thanks,I was already losing hope.YungTemy,i guess this is how you felt when you just started lol. Update loading...............
.....u'll be fine,hold up dear,plus am hungry 4 update o
Re: Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 02, 2018

I got dressed in a black hoodie,fitted jeans and black sneakers,Wilson dressed in designers from head to toe.I sometimes admired that guy,he was too fresh.Anyway,we took a keke to diamond hotel and met our friends waiting for us.Daniel,Kossi and Michael my cousin,we were born the same week but I was his elder though.We got a table and in a few minutes drinks were on it

Daniel: david,take small henessy,free yourself.

Me:no naa,make I start with smirnoff ice first

Kossi: fear fear boy

Me: you shut up there.you fit drink any one?

Daniel: abeg,no mind am abeg drink small.nothing go do you

Peer pressure got the best of me. I drank one glass,and another............after about 5 minutes I started seeing things,I mean spiritual things....................
Re: Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 02, 2018
Dayvey:

I got dressed in a black hoodie,fitted jeans and black sneakers,Wilson dressed in designers from head to toe.I sometimes admired that guy,he was too fresh.Anyway,we took a keke to diamond hotel and met our friends waiting for us.Daniel,Kossi and Michael my cousin,we were born the same week but I was his elder though.We got a table and in a few minutes drinks were on it

Daniel: david,take small henessy,free yourself.

Me:no naa,make I start with smirnoff ice first

Kossi: fear fear boy

Me: you shut up there.you fit drink any one?

Daniel: abeg,no mind am abeg drink small.nothing go do you

Peer pressure got the best of me. I drank one glass,and another............after about 5 minutes I started seeing things,I mean spiritual things....................

victoria2000 please manage this one,more coming your way
Re: Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 02, 2018
------------------------------------

.........I can't describe what I felt like.I could see heaven and hell in the same place.This was my first time drinking a lot of alcohol so this was a very strange feeling for me.I could hear Wilson say “David make we dey go,dem just send me message say Prof. Onyeka dey hold emergency lecture in 20 minutes“.I was like “chai! see problem oo,I no fit even feel my legs talkless of to walk“.I had to force myself to get up,I staggered with every step.......I managed to get to the hall and get a seat.I swear,I couldn't hear a word Prof. Onyeka said,I didn't even know when the lecture was over.Wilson woke me up,took me back to our hostel and dropped me on my bed,he told me I slept for almost a day straight.

I‘ll never forget that day........................

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Average Nigerian Student by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 03, 2018
Sorry,I've been busy for some time.anyway,story continues

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I was on my bed with my cousin Michael playing FIFA 16 on my laptop,discussing what to eat that night.When it was 5pm,we decided to head out to go our different ways,no one was in the room and we all had the same keys,so I locked the door and went to see my elder brother,Uche.
I got there and greeted the guys I saw in front of the hostel,reason being that they were all confra guys.I went into the room only smell cigarette smoke.I saw Uche and some guys sitting down and smoking.

Me:Bosses,I hail oo!

some responded ,some didn't .Maybe because they had reached cloud 9.

Uche:David,afa naa,you no dey come again oo you don forget me abi?

Me:No oo.how I go fit forget you na

Uche: weed dey oo,you go smoke?

Me:No na,you know say I no dey smoke,anyways I dey okay,I just wan see you

(1) (Reply)

Mercy / Sherlock Holmes (sir Conan Doyle Books) / 50 Things You're Not Suppose To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.