Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Car Experts Come In I Need Your Help Please - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Experts Come In I Need Your Help Please (995 Views)

Please Come In Car experts / Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. / Car EXPERTS!! Please Which Is The Best To Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Experts Come In I Need Your Help Please by teeytimi: 8:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
Going d evening my beautiful nairalanders, I have a Chrysler Voyager that is giving me headache.
This car was working perfectly well until I noticed the temperature is going high, I was told to wash the radiator so I took it to a mechanic workshop to help me remove, wash and fix the radiator back. After that, it also develop fuel pomp issue and it was changed though the guy used v4 instead of v6. the car started working and everything was normal though it was doing had starting which the mechanic told me before that I will have to change the kick.
The issue now is that since like 3days later after changing the fuel pump I started noticing that once that car works for like 1hr it becomes lazy, if I rev it won't go past 3 or 4 rpm, it won't accelerate well again and if I off the engine at that time the car will not start again until like 4hrs later.
Please help me out if there is anything I need to check cos I don't trust most of this mechanics
Re: Car Experts Come In I Need Your Help Please by Ben404040: 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
thinking aloud..... i will start from looking for "i6" pump instead of v4 as u said maybe low pumping.
Re: Car Experts Come In I Need Your Help Please by teeytimi: 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2018
Ben404040:
thinking aloud..... i will start from looking for "i6" pump instead of v4 as u said maybe low pumping.
OK thank you. But the mechanic said it will work well. Just confused at the moment
Re: Car Experts Come In I Need Your Help Please by teeytimi: 6:28am On Aug 31, 2018
someone with indeot knowledge should please help I don't want to do guess work
Re: Car Experts Come In I Need Your Help Please by radautoworks: 1:45am On Sep 01, 2018
If you're near the island or Lekki bring it into our shop for a proper diagnosis. It will be faster than going through all the suggestions and tryust and error
Re: Car Experts Come In I Need Your Help Please by TRYGO(m): 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2018
Welcome to NL.

Do you have a check engine light kit on the dashboard?

If you do, get it scanned for codes.

Washing the radiator, shouldn't cause the problem. It might be a coincide.

Get a new genuine replacement V6 fuel pump for the car, or if you can't afford that, you could get a used V8 pump, and that would serve you perfectly.

The hard starting, and lack of power, might be due to a failing crankshaft/camshaft sensor(s).

I don't think your kick starter is the problem here. As Kong as it cranks the engine, and not just the normal problematic click sound often heard, when a starter motor, is about to fail or failing.

Hope this helps you sort your problems?

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/WhatsApp)
DW Nig Ltd
www.dxta.net.ng
Re: Car Experts Come In I Need Your Help Please by mejai(m): 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2018
fuel pump...

(1) (Reply)

The History And Development Of Honda CR-V / Urgent Help : Alloy Rim Plus Tyre Replacement / Toyota Camry 2004 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.