Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Legal Advice Needed - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Legal Advice Needed (366 Views)

Legal Advice Needed / Free Legal Advice / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Legal Advice Needed by san316(m): 8:59pm On Aug 30, 2018
Hello Nlanders especially the lawyers in the house.

I moved into this new apartment a year ago. I don't have any issue except with the electricity.

First of all, I pay a lot as NEPA bill monthly but I don't complain because there is stable electricity and I hv requested for a prepaid meter.

Secondly and the most burning issue is that, the house is connected to a privately owned transformer. The owner of the transformer has a habit of disconnecting us whenever he feels like it and demand for money. The reason he gives is that th16mm cable used in connecting is too small n is affecting his transformer. So myself n my neighbor usually have to part with 5 to10k monthly to that man. The landlord has not been forthcoming with changing the cable because it will cost him over 300k to run the wire from the house to the transformer due to the distance.

Now I need advice on how to go about it legally to prevent the man from disconnecting us indiscriminately and extorting us.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Room In A Flat Aguda, Surulere / Neatly Used 2 Bedroom Flat For Rent At Ojota/ogudu / Female Roommate Needed In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.