Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,455 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race (1303 Views)

Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate / Kingsley Moghalu Gives Reason Why He Pulled Out Of PACT After Losing / FG Orders Removal Of Kingsley Moghalu's Presidential Campaign Posters In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by chieyine(m): 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2018
Presidential Aspirant Kingsley Moghalu has pulled out from the earlier PACT Agreement in which Fela Durotoye emerged victorious.
They invited Independent Observers to witness the voting process.

Information just got to Naija Politico that Kingsley Moghalu has decided not to be bound by the result.
He stated on his twitter timeline
I am firmly in the race for President of Nigeria in 2019I wish to inform members of my “To Build A Nation” (TBAN) movement, the Kingsley Moghalu Support Organisation (KIMSO) nationwide, the Kingsley Moghalu Volunteer Force, Youth for Kingsley (Y4K), Women for Kingsley (W4K), Kingsley Moghalu Disciples,…
… the Young Progressive Party (YPP) and my other supporters nationwide and in the diaspora that I am pressing ahead with my plan to contest the 2019 presidential election.
This is despite the arrangement for a consensus candidate among the young presidential aspirants under the aegis of Presidential Aspirants Coming Together (PACT), which today produced an outcome that has left many Nigerians expressing surprise and disappointment.
The reasons I have pulled out of the PACT arrangement are as follows:

The arrangement had unraveled even before the final selection of the consensus candidate.
Only seven aspirants participated in the final voting out of the original 18 aspirants, mainly because many of the aspirants had withdrawn from the process.
Four candidates who were present in the meeting this morning withdrew from the process even while the voting process was ongoing. Therefore, PACT did not produce a true consensus candidate.
Clause 13 of the PACT Memorandum of Understanding asserts the supremacy of the constitutional rights of the aspirants to pursue their political aspirations.
I therefore have chosen to continue without distraction to pursue my vision in the presidential race for 2019 in the national interest and in deference to the overwhelming outpouring of support for my candidacy from all parts of Nigeria.I will remain focused on the objective of providing a competent leadership that will help unite our country and build a nation, wage a decisive war against poverty and unemployment, and restore respect for Nigeria in the society of nations.
It is my humble and well-considered view that the Office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria requires competence and experience in these three vital areas.
Thank you.

Source: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/kingsley-moghalu-pulls-out-of-pact-agreement/

Source: https://twitter.com/MoghaluKingsley/status/1035265206128193536

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by chieyine(m): 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2018
cry
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by papalbulI: 10:00pm On Aug 30, 2018
cheesy

na so una go lead us

useless hungry charlatans looking for daily bread

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by anaton(m): 10:01pm On Aug 30, 2018
grin

Race never start o! Dem Don dey disagree.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by pacino26(m): 10:21pm On Aug 30, 2018
Exactly the reason the Youths cannot have a formidable front. It's just bad, they should just hide their facees.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by buharitill2023: 10:23pm On Aug 30, 2018
Leave pact and come to buhari .
On a more serious note, can these ones-kingsley, sowore and duro win any ward?
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by nairavsdollars(f): 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2018
Useless Moghalu. It shows you won't honour your pact with Nigerians if you become president

4 Likes

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by vedaxcool(m): 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2018
Unserious people who should act coherently due to being disadvantaged are already being dubious
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by sowore2019: 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2018
We saw it coming and warn them. Our position before the PACT elections today.

TakeItBack Movement Clarifies Our position on the Selection Process for Youth Consensus Candidacy

TakeItBack Movement believes that a united front comprising of all parties and organizations committed to reclaiming Nigeria from the APC and PDP is necessary.

We enthusiastically supported Sowore’s participation in the July 31st meeting of youth candidates, where he relayed the position of our movement to PACT (Presidential Aspirants Coming Together) about our commitment to a United Front.

We have now had three weeks since that initial forum to assess our association with PACT and the alignment of our engagement to the ideals of our movement.

In the three weeks since that first meeting our convener participated in, we have had an opportunity to assess the impact of PACT.

POSITIVE FACTORS

1. Extension of INEC registration: We salute the support that PACT gave to the effort to extend voter registration. The success of this effort demonstrates the importance of having a unified voice.

CONCERNING FACTORS

1. Lack of participation in INEC protest action: PACT committed to support a direct protest on the planned suspension of voter registration on August 17th. While Sowore and the TIB Movement committed ourselves to the agreed action, only one of the other PACT participants joined in the protests at the INEC office.

2. Lack of participation in active advocacy for release of jailed journalist: The PACT meeting of August 16th took place at the same time that a protest against the arrest of the PREMIUM TIMES journalist, Samuel Ogundipe, was being held. While Sowore and TIB were engaged in principled protest action at the Police HQ, many of the PACT members remained silent on the critical question of press freedom, which we believe is a crucial pillar for a vibrant democracy. While some later tweeted their support for press freedoms, we were disappointed that more wasn’t done as a collective.

We are particularly concerned by the proposed consensus candidate selection process that has been agreed to by PACT. Our major concerns are as follows:

1. Concerns about Commitment to support ANY consensus candidate that emerges: We note that several of the members of PACT belong to CUPP or are members of the PDP. As a movement, we cannot commit to a process that would require that our movement should support ANY candidate with direct or indirect ties to the PDP.

2. Concerns that the selection process excludes the Nigerian people: As a progressive movement we believe the Nigerian people should have a say in who their leaders should be. Instead of a process that places the fate of Nigerians in the hands of less than twenty people, we recommend a process that allows the Nigerian people to participate in the selection of a consensus candidate.

OUR RECOMMENDATION FOR THE WAY FORWARD TO A DEMOCRATIC CONSENSUS

1. Continue with party primaries: The 17 youth presidential candidates belong to about 6 political parties, including PDP, YPP, ANN, ANRP, AAC and others. After the party primaries, which must all end by October 7th, based on the INEC timetable, the number of contestants would have been reduced through a democratic process to no more than 6 candidates

2. Evaluate strength of party organization through the congresses and party convention: A consensus youth candidate that will defeat the APC and PDP must have a formidable level of support, structure and organization. The party primaries will allow Nigerians to observe the organizational capabilities of all the candidates.

3. Coalition Building Efforts are Continuing: We have continued to drive forward with our efforts for a United Front, not just with PACT, but with other political parties and organizations. We are glad to announce that Change Nigeria Party (CNP) is now part of our Coalition. Talks are ongoing with two additional parties - NCP and NAC.

In conclusion, we restate our commitment to a United Front and to a democratic and inclusive process for reclaiming Nigeria.

Nigeria MUST progress !

Dr Malcolm Fabiyi
Director General TakeItBack Movement/Sowore 2019 Campaign

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by seunmsg(m): 10:34pm On Aug 30, 2018
We can all now see the so called young leaders that some people are advocating we hand over the leadership of the country to. People who voluntarily sign up to an agreement and then backs out after the process is completed simply because the outcome does not favour them.

Why should we entrust the presidencty and resources of this country into the hands of a man who couldn't even keep an agreement he voluntarily entered into? Moghalu has shown that he cannot be trusted with power. Ni reasonable person will support his political aspiration again after today.

3 Likes

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by lecowas: 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2018
This one no get integrity at all. Say something, do other things! We know ur type

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by wallbuilder(m): 10:42pm On Aug 30, 2018
Agreement is agreement o! We son reach for settlement, you come dey tell me nonsense.....,..
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by Ehiscotch(m): 11:04pm On Aug 30, 2018
If ordinary PACT could not agree to a consensus I wonder how PDP would pull through with that.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by bonechamberlain(m): 12:34am On Aug 31, 2018
the guy was the most qualified and most visible, how fela won is a mystery, but just like he said "the arrangement had unravelled even before the final selection of consensus candidate" usual Nigerian style, winner already selected even before voting. smh
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by chieyine(m): 7:00am On Aug 31, 2018
buharitill2023:
Leave pact and come to buhari .
On a more serious note, can these ones-kingsley, sowore and duro win any ward?
They can, if they are in a political party that have structures in ward level
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by buharitill2023: 7:47am On Aug 31, 2018
chieyine:

They can, if they are in a political party that have structures in ward level
they don't even have poling unit structures
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by 7lives: 8:20am On Aug 31, 2018
Bunch of noisemakers ma ta, ma ta, won so ayo di okiti obo, awon oniranu, dem think say politics na child play.
The game never even start dem don dey disagree, make una kill una self, ko kan aye.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by mrvitalis(m): 8:36am On Aug 31, 2018
Apga should just present this guy
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Abandons PACT Agreement, Back In The Presidential Race by mrvitalis(m): 8:37am On Aug 31, 2018
Apga should just present this guy

I'm voting for this guy sha... Since I feel he is better than buhari

I don't care if he wins or not... If he would get one vote it would be mine.... I can't contribute to the problem of Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Conflicting Reports Trail Tinubu’s Alleged Treatment At APC Secretariat / Sos: Nnamdi Kanu Needs Help. It's An Emergency (see Photo) / How Claims Of Atiku’s Employees Don’t Add Up – Did He Employ More Than Dangote,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.