Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,365 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate (29537 Views)

Dumebi Kachikwu Defeats Kingsley Moghalu, Emerges ADC Presidential Candidate / Adamu Garba Picks YPP Presidential Form, Says Youth Have No Future In APC, PDP / Ypp's Presidential Flag Bearer, Prof Kingsley Moghalu Nominate' Umma Gesto As VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
Former CBN deputy governor, Kingsley Moghalu who made headlines few days ago after pulling out of a pact that saw Fela Durotoye become a consensus presidential candidate, has gone ahead to emerge the presidential candidate of the Young Progressive Party.

The former UN officer who scored 243 votes out of 253 accredited delegates, after his only opponent, Mr Donald Igwegbu, stepped down for him, emerged YPP presidential candidate through delegates election at the party’s first National Convention and Presidential Primaries on Saturday in Abuja.

NAN reported that in his acceptance speech, Kingsley Moghalu who had expressed worry about non-signing of the Amended Electoral Act Bill by President Muhammadu Buhari, said Nigeria needed a leader of international repute, not politicians that had failed the country.

“More than ever before, Nigeria needs to be driven by a vision, informed by a worldview that determines everything else.

“Up till about 40 years ago, China was viewed as a basket case; overpopulated, unproductive and ruined economically by policies of the decades prior to that.

“Today, they snap their fingers and nearly every single African Head of state shows up in China with their hands out, eager for Chinese largesse. That’s what a country driven by a worldview can achieve.

“In accepting the presidential ticket of this great party, I stand here before you to say that Nigeria is fully capable of achieving greatness at home and abroad in our lifetimes.

“But this cannot happen with the normal way of doing things, the so-called Nigerian way.”

Moghalu said that he joined the YPP because he believed the party would live up to its name of being progressive, as well as be an agent of raising standards across the board for politics and policy.

He said that it was time for the country to close the era of waste, corruption, and incompetence that held Nigeria back from achieving its potential.

“It is a choice between remaining a mere fractious assortment of ethnicities and religious on one hand and building a real nation on the other.

“It is a choice between freedom and slavery under our recycled and corrupt politicians; between poverty and prosperity for our masses of the poor, and the unemployed, and between stability and continuing instability of the Nigeria state.”

https://lailasnews.com/kingsley-moghalu-emerges-ypp-presidential-candidate/

lalasticlala

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by bedspread: 8:44pm On Sep 08, 2018
With This young man as President.... Dubai will be Learning from Nigeria in 6yrs...

280 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by ofeco: 9:00pm On Sep 08, 2018
you have my vote come 2019

137 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Homeboiy: 9:07pm On Sep 08, 2018
He will not win a ward
same as sowore

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by ct2: 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2018
we need someone like trump as a president

9 Likes

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2018
grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Balet: 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2018
As I would have preferred this man, but his time is till not yet ripe.
Let him wait till 2023.
2019 is solely for SaiBaba

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by TheAngry1: 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2018
He lost my respect when he denigrated the PACT process which he actively took part in...I would have still loved him to contest despite the 'loss', but he displayed a lack of INTEGRITY, TACT and COURTESY in his handling of the events that followed...he lost me...Good luck to him.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by SirAgbaletu(m): 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2018
My President...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by czarina(f): 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2018
Anyone but the oldies!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by MrImole: 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2018
YPP?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Ventura1: 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2018
Nice one, but candidly only Sowore has the ability and attitude to wrestle this powerful godfathers and cabal!

On Sowore I Stand

36 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Metuh: 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2018
This man will have my vote. Enough of the lifeless President reign.

He is a deviation from the normal APC and PDP recycled old leaders.

He is young, educated, vibrant, modern and intelligent too.

I hope Zombies won't say there wasn't another choice apart from Buhari o?

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Beno3: 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2018
Good one, I must vote for him. He's a man with vision. cheesy cheesy

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Lilimax(f): 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2018
Good! Anything but the old crooks posing as saints meanwhile they are evil with venom flowing in their veins embarassed

18 Likes

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by ednut1(m): 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2018
These people know they cannot win even their streets. Bt them go run with mushroom parties hoping apc or pdp later call them. Democracy is alien to nigeria it can never work. Sai baba go still win. More doom

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by 12345baba(m): 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2018
almajiris and hausa youths no understand all this him big economy grammar, he should to kano first

3 Likes

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2018
undecided
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by innobets(m): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2018
Good and credible candidates always end up in the wrong party.. Moughalu.. Sowore.. ...

PDP +APC are the only active party for presidential seat.. Other parties just wan create awareness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by mrkings84(m): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2018
DON'T DESPISE D DAYS OF LITTLE BEGINNINGS.....

6 Likes

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Franzinni: 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2018
Scandal loading...

That MUx2 that usually shares my political views on NL.... You have my attention... You can gladly add this one to your library ehn...
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by dingbang(m): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2018
One vote party
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Rex123(m): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2018
It would be a remarkable experience if the Nigerian electorates boycott our old politicians and vote for some fresh blood. Well, this is a dream but if it could happen, the political scape of Nigeria would be forever changed. I hope religion and ethnicity go let us break free from our oppressors.

30 Likes

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
only in Nigeria is a 55yr old man young!

Gowon was head of state at 32
Murtala was head of state at 37
OBJ was head of state at 38
Buhari was head of state at 42
IBB was head of state at 44

Tafa balewa became prime minister at 48, had finished dying at 54 and this one is a youth at 55?

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by excomarow(m): 9:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
Nigeria is too BIG for you
...till 2055
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by sammyj: 9:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
Hope he gets what he wants. However, I’m still not happy with the manner at which they all conducted themselves during the consensus candidate program. It shows how selfish our politicians are !! shocked

10 Likes

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Lilimax(f): 9:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
[quote author=12345baba post=71028262]almajiris and hausa youths no understand all this him big economy grammar, he should to kano first[/quoted]Is Kano the only state in Nigeria.? lipsrsealed
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Alex80s(m): 9:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
Homeboiy:
He will not win a ward

same as sowore
Because our ancestors want tovcontinue in power both PDP and APC. Bubu is even the worst of all aspirants. Ancestor like Abba Kari works with him too. OBJ instead getting us a youth to convince us of his determination for a new Nigeria has no youth at heart.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by NwaOhafia: 9:40pm On Sep 08, 2018
D
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Metuh: 9:40pm On Sep 08, 2018
excomarow:
Nigeria is too BIG for you
...till 2055
Till when he is 99yrs of age right

3 Likes

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Lilimax(f): 9:40pm On Sep 08, 2018
12345baba:
almajiris and hausa youths no understand all this him big economy grammar, he should to kano first
Huh Is Kano the is only state in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by SalamRushdie: 9:40pm On Sep 08, 2018
Note this man is working for the emergence of Buhari and a place in Buharis cabinet but he will fail

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam / Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War / Nigerian Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram Along Damboa Axis Buried In Borno(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.