Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 (36360 Views)

Manchester United Vs Villarreal (2 - 1) On 29th September 2021 / Juventus Vs Chelsea UCL (1 - 0) On 29th September 2021 / West Ham Vs Manchester United (3 - 1) On 29th September 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Kaybaba5(m): 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
Am happy for Chelsea
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by iphanyi10(m): 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2018
Liverpool looking good for the title...

I don't care what it will take or how much it with cost but Chelsea needs to get a clinical striker, someone in the mode of Mandzukic.

Morata and Giroud will surely be our own doing in this title race.
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by EmekaBlue(m): 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2018
I sense an equaliser from sturridge and it did happened angry
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by oloriLFC(f): 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2018
femi4:
This our keeper sha, apart from passing the ball.....e no get good goalkeeping skills
OloriLFC escaped my jabbing today
na now he no go get skills
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Ximenez(m): 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2018
iphanyi10:
Liverpool looking good for the title...

I don't care what it will take or how much it with cost but Chelsea needs to get a clinical striker, someone in the mode of Mandzukic.

Morata and Giroud will surely be our own doing in this title race.
This mode of playing doesn't even need an out and out striker. Just some good three forward who can get into good position and score. Giroud and Morata are only good for defending set pieces, but Giroud is better.
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by BlackManta(m): 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ximenez:
It was Liverpool fans that were being delusional, maybe because of the media hype or whatever. Before the first game one overly excited fan even said Liverpool reserve team would tear Chelsea apart over both legs, that's how good they think they are. Not forgetting they finished fourth last season and had to wait till the last match day to qualify for UCL. They've gotten a reality check. Napoli will carry on from here.

Maybe before the first game, Liverpool fans were noisy but after that game Chelsea fans were very noisy and overconfident of beating Liverpool today.
One of them said Pool are not title contender anymore just because of that loss.
And that loss was in league cup not freaking PL.
What kind of fan would rule out his closest rivals in PL after only 6 games shocked

All the over sabi fans of any team should take a few lessons from United of last season.
That team had a strong start and what happened later ?
They finished 19 points behind City.

In conclusion, it is not about who started best, it's about who finished best.

You have already ruled out the possibility of Liverpool beating Napoli.
This is an example of the over sabi mentality I'm talking about.

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Ximenez(m): 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2018
BlackManta:

Maybe before the first game, Liverpool fans were noisy but after that game Chelsea fans were very noisy and overconfident of beating Liverpool today.
One of them said Pool are not title contender anymore just because of that loss.
And that loss was in league cup not freaking PL.
What kind of fan would rule out his closest rivals in PL after only 6 games shocked

All the over sabi fans of any team should take a few lessons from United of last season.
That team had a strong start and what happened later ?
They finished 19 points behind City.

In conclusion, it is not about who started best, it's about who finished best.

You have already ruled out the possibility of Liverpool beating Napoli.
This is an example of the over sabi mentality I'm talking about.
Napoli as a team will give Liverpool more problem than psg which is a club with some players trying to show the world that they are the best. The bottom line is that Liverpool are not as good as they think they are and they will learn that in the coming weeks.
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by BlackManta(m): 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ximenez:
Napoli as a team will give Liverpool more problem than psg which is a club with some players trying to show the world that they are the best. The bottom line is that Liverpool are not as good as they think they are and they will learn that in the coming weeks.

Over sabi, you remind me of United fans of early last season.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Ximenez(m): 9:04pm On Sep 29, 2018
BlackManta:

Over sabi, you remind me of United fans of early last season.
We will see.
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by enemyofprogress: 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2018
Rothman:

Which soap you use wash the game? Aerial or Sunlight?
I said I didn't wash the march are you blind?
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by seankay(m): 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2018
femi4:
This our keeper sha, apart from passing the ball.....e no get good goalkeeping skills

OloriLFC escaped my jabbing today

He made some good saves today and ain’t no Bleep*ng way he’s gon stop that Sturridge’s goal.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by immaculate1234(m): 9:12pm On Sep 29, 2018
Livi2020:
Not mates

Losechester United
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by emmyfemmy1(m): 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2018
Good job chelsea
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by mosefin19(m): 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2018
Telvin7:
fck hazard...........and its counterpart.........praise our masters"LIVERPOOL"

For winning abi what.... u guys are just happy for draw eiyah... we beat liv come draw here una dey happy
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by immaculate1234(m): 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ximenez:
Really? Now you've suddenly forgotten how 'good' liverpool were and how they were supposed to tear Chelsea apart over the two games.

my broda talk well nah na basketball
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by immaculate1234(m): 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2018
Festy4u:

They would have! ga past tense,..well done o
English teacher u no no watch am say Liverpool ball too mature pass cheksick own
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Ximenez(m): 9:25pm On Sep 29, 2018
immaculate1234:

English teacher u no no watch am say Liverpool ball too mature pass cheksick own
Yet loserfool couldn't win one of the two matches. What a maturity. Like i said I'm waiting for who will win trophy first between Tottenham and Liverpool.
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by RTSC: 9:26pm On Sep 29, 2018
Liverpool plays football like children.

Chelsea was passing at the back, trying to draw them in so they can launch devastating through balls from Luiz or jorginho, and Liverpool kept falling for it.

The only thing that saved Liverpool was that there was no good striker to provide that cutting edge for Chelsea.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Festy4u(m): 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2018
immaculate1234:

Yes, Oga...the matured KOpless KOP played matured ball and came out with win. Just like they were beaten and send packing 4days ago!
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by RTSC: 9:37pm On Sep 29, 2018
oloriLFC:
abeg leave us make we dey celebrate draw. Una Wan spoil our EPL unbeaten run but no way!
Chelsea are still unbeaten in every competition this season.

Pipe down on the bragging.
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by RTSC: 9:40pm On Sep 29, 2018
immaculate1234:

You call that football "mature".?

A game where Chelsea was just strolling through the Liverpool press with fast accurate passing.

If Chelsea had a Costa, Liverpool would have lost today.

Amateur football from Liverpool. I wonder how they beat psg with mbappe and neymar.
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by heryur(m): 9:45pm On Sep 29, 2018
killsmith:
Liverpool needs to get rid of Henderson.

How can you be our captain and be passing backwards when your team is desperately in need of a goal? Are you not supposed to lead the team to Victory?

I just tire for this British nepotism.
To be sincere am tired of the way Henderson as a CMF play football, while will a CMF has the mentality of passing the ball to the CB always without finding a way to play forward. I think klopp still have a lot of correction to do on him in that aspect as a coach because as a CMF all you should have in mind is a way to attack the opponent.
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by immaculate1234(m): 9:45pm On Sep 29, 2018
Festy4u:

Yes, Oga...the matured KOpless KOP played matured ball and came out with win. Just like they were beaten and send packing 4days ago!

even if u take the argument to hell when u get there devil will still tell u that Liverpool is way better than Chelsea....let me clarify something to you we don't want that bobo cup or whatever they call it we are already gunning for the biggest honours e. g. champs league, "for the bigger boys" premier league "for the bigger boys" to mention a few.. so I need u to shove carabao cup up ur ass after that take a chill pill and enjoy proceedings.

no talk nonsense again u hear

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Ekaka1(m): 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2018
Very few Nigerian fans come here to just enjoy and applaud good football...its getting worse each year.
Both teams played really very well today and even some pundits after the match were touting this to be the best EPL match so far this season...they saw quality, skills, resolve, good football....but no, some of you will still come here and start hating on opposing team without crediting good football by both teams irrespective of what side of the device you belong....una no dey tire for beef!!!!!...Nigerian fans,?

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by immaculate1234(m): 9:50pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ximenez:
Yet loserfool couldn't win one of the two matches. What a maturity. Like i said I'm waiting for who will win trophy first between Tottenham and Liverpool.

console yourself with that bro na Aston Villa and Everton be una mate in terms of trophies man Nottingham forest champions league total = 1 Chelsick = 1 ....... Liverpool cabinet is stocked up bro

stop that ok

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Ximenez(m): 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2018
immaculate1234:

console yourself with that bro na Aston Villa and Everton be una mate in terms of trophies man Nottingham forest champions league total = 1 Chelsick = 1 ....... Liverpool cabinet is stocked up bro

stop that ok
Ok, thanks for agreeing with me that Liverpool can no longer win trophies but can always take solace in their history, especially their last league title of 29 years ago of which you weren't probably born then. The question is, will you ever know how it feels for your team to lift the league title in your lifetime? I doubt if Liverpool will be able to give you such feelings. But maybe you'll be able to start with as little as winning of the Carabao Cup next season, cos you have been eliminated already now, to at least freshen up your already dusty trophy cabinet.
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Godmademan(m): 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2018
Jurgen Klopp has huge issues to address. The front three have failed to tick this season. Their play lacks the sync that caused defences problems last. They look exhausted physically..even firminho fails to execute the gen gen pressing. Against smaller teams like leicester and southampton, the struggles in the frontline was evident. Even though the games did come in the first half, the play in the final third of the pitch lacked spark. It was also evident agsin against PSG that we struggle to finish teams off.

WTF is henderson doing in the starting line up weekly. Even a blind man would have noticed the energy keita brought to the midfield at the start of the season...and he is yet to turn on BEAST MODE. Henderson is just a passback pedestrian that deserves only appearances from the bench. Van dijk picked up his injury last week while doing the job henderson was supposed to do as a deep lying midfielder. He sweeps from his position to intercept balls in mieldfield severally because the protection in front of the defence is absent and this opens a gap behind that smart teams can expoit. LFC will struggle in his absence because he seems to be the only one at the back who reads play and responds approriately

I expected klopp to fix the problem of the right back position in the last window but no. He is sticking with arnold...perhaps for his deliveroes which are not even good enough. That weak link has given joy to different managers. Rashford's double last season comes to mind, martial's goal after embarrasing clyne 3seasons ago, todays goal from hazard also came from the space in that channel. The lad lacks the positional discpline and pace to play the position. The 3 other defensive positions are well covered.

Sturridge's success in front of goal this weak highlights the need for a proven natural finisher. Daniel is unreliable fitness wise and if some games are difficult, firminho can make way for someone else.

Chelsea had a key man in their team he could make things happen when the going gets tough. Stevie G, Suarez, Coutinho comes to mind. Klopp but good players with the coutinho funds and made the squad bigger and stronger but in games like this and the uefa CL final you just feel a moment of brilliant magic is missing. Coutinho gave that and even salah does not possess same magic. WE DO NOT HAVE A REPLACEMENT FOR COUTINHO YET

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Delaw135: 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2018
immaculate1234:

stop that ok
cabinet wey don rust....Dat one na cabinet?
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by BabaIbo: 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2018
RTSC:

You call that football "mature".?

A game where Chelsea was just strolling through the Liverpool press with fast accurate passing.

If Chelsea had a Costa, Liverpool would have lost today.

Amateur football from Liverpool. I wonder how they beat psg with mbappe and neymar.

FYI if Klopp started Keita, Liverpool would have won that match because Henderson was not given passes and also not thinking forward, rather he was just passing back to CB, there by putting pressure on the defence and given the opponent opportunity to come forward.
I hope you noticed there was a big change immediately Keita came on, Liverpool started pressing Chelsea hard and Kante switched his role to another, thereby putting pressure on Chelsea, all these led to the goal. A pressured defense is more prone to concede than a more stable one.
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Ximenez(m): 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2018
immaculate1234:

even if u take the argument to hell when u get there devil will still tell u that Liverpool is way better than Chelsea....let me clarify something to you we don't want that bobo cup or whatever they call it we are already gunning for the biggest honours e. g. champs league, "for the bigger boys" premier league "for the bigger boys" to mention a few.. so I need u to shove carabao cup up ur ass after that take a chill pill and enjoy proceedings.You call it bobo cup yet klop can't win it, remind me again how many seasons he has spent in England alongside his trophies, even the much maligned Mourinho is much better.

no talk nonsense again u hear
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by killsmith(f): 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2018
heryur:
To be sincere am tired of the way Henderson as a CMF play football, while will a CMF has the mentality of passing the ball to the CB always without finding a way to play forward. I think klopp still have a lot of correction to do on him in that aspect as a coach because as a CMF all you should have in mind is a way to attack the opponent.
That guy offers absolutely nothing to the team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

West Brom Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 18th May 2015 / 19 African Players That Have Won The European Cup (Champions League) / Atletico Madrid Vs Manchester United UCL (1 - 1) On 23rd February 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.