Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom (37846 Views)

Why Ronaldo Doesn't Have Tattoo / What Happens If Cristiano Ronaldo Doesn't Perform At Juventus? / Ronaldo Doesn't Have The Record, I Do - Gyan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Dailymemoirs: 8:17am On Aug 31, 2018
Uefa have named Luka Modric as the winner of the Best player award for last season’s edition of the Champions league. The 32 year old amassed a total of 313 points, 90 more than Ronaldo who finished ahead of Mohammed Salah in the chart.
While Ronaldo was instrumental in his team reaching a third consecutive Uefa Champions league finals and trophy Modric was however named best player by a combination of coaches and journalist a decision that has upset Juventus director and Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes.

” Football is played on the field and that’s where Cristiano won. He scored 15 goals carried Real Madrid on his back and conquered the Champions league again.
The winner is not in doubt as Ronaldo is the best in his position” Mendes told

The Juventus director Giuseppe Marotta also fumed over the decision as he felt Ronaldo deserved to be crowned best for his performances in the Champions league and not robbed by an unfair decision.

” Our criticism concerns a deep bitterness for the decision because the award refers to the Champions league and not the world cup and I believe that Cristiano Ronaldo has given the best emotions of the world cup and also fantastic goals. I take nothing away from the football coaches and journalist but I would have voted for Ronaldo as a football fan.

Cristiano Ronaldo did not show up at the event a sign that he felt cheated after a stunning campaign which saw him score in eleven consecutive matches from the earlier season up till the Juventus game in Spain a record no one had achieved ever
For more

https://dailymemoirsnews./2018/08/31/uefa-snubbing-ronaldo-doesnt-make-sense-by-soibi-ransom/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:20am On Aug 31, 2018
Time for another debate .

Modric had a great world cup, if that was one of the criteria.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by nelsonebby(m): 8:23am On Aug 31, 2018
Ronaldo didn’t score or attempt to score in the semifinals and finals.

Scoring penalties can’t make you the best

Real fans know modric deserves it.

Man united fans are actually the ones complaining.

157 Likes 7 Shares

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Dailymemoirs: 8:25am On Aug 31, 2018
nelsonebby:
Ronaldo didn’t score in the semifinals and finals.

Scoring penalties can make you the best

So if someone scores 15 goals but doesn't score in the finals and semi final it becomes a poor performance?
I don't understand u sir

294 Likes 17 Shares

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by nelsonebby(m): 8:26am On Aug 31, 2018
Dailymemoirs:

So if someone scores 15 goals but doesn't score in the finals and semi final it becomes a poor performance?
I don't understand u sir
Yes. Absolutely

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Dailymemoirs: 8:29am On Aug 31, 2018
nelsonebby:

Yes. Absolutely
I am sorry if it's the way u reason then I can't help u

244 Likes 11 Shares

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Nbote(m): 8:31am On Aug 31, 2018
Some of U fanboys are funny.. Does it make sense dat becos he had a few gud games he deserves to win d award?? Ronaldo had a poor season last season whether U want to admit it or not... D awards are based on overall performances all over d season, not a few gud performances . D season started in August and Madrid had to do without Ronaldo's goals till January/February and if not for Modric's consistency Zidane would have been sacked by November and then becos Ronaldo scored in d quarter finals and semi-finals of d champions league he's better than d person who's being there from d group stages?? I'm sure U ppl are waiting for him to score in Juve to tell everyone how he's already d best player in d Serie A

203 Likes 14 Shares

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by SUPERPACK: 8:33am On Aug 31, 2018
nelsonebby:

Yes. Absolutely
going by your logic messi did not deserve to win world cup 2014 golden ball since he last scored in the group stage of the tournament, barcadog for a reason.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by nelsonebby(m): 8:34am On Aug 31, 2018
Dailymemoirs:
I Never asked for your help

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by nelsonebby(m): 8:35am On Aug 31, 2018
SUPERPACK:
going by your logic messi did not deserve to win world cup 2014 golden ball since he last scored in the group stage of the tournament, barcadog for a reason.
I don’t care about Messi.

You should worry more about your club man united
Ronaldo is not on loan

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by SUPERPACK: 8:37am On Aug 31, 2018
nelsonebby:
I don’t care about Messi.

You should worry more about your club man united Ronaldo is not on loan
pained barcadog.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Dailymemoirs: 8:38am On Aug 31, 2018
Nbote:
Some of U fanboys are funny... Ronaldo had a poor season last season whether U want to admit it or not... A few gud performances isn't enof. D season started in August and becos he scored in d quarter finals and semi-finals of d champions league he's better than d person who's being there from d group stages??

He had a poor last season? By scoring highest in Europe all competition with lesser games played. 15 in the Champions league. If that's Ur definition of a poor season then it is one many players dream of

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by nelsonebby(m): 8:43am On Aug 31, 2018
SUPERPACK:
pained barcadog.

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Rooneyboy(m): 8:44am On Aug 31, 2018
nelsonebby:
Ronaldo didn’t score or attemp to score in the semifinals and finals.

Scoring penalties can’t make you the best

Real fans know modric deserves it.

Man united fans are actually the ones complaining.
Shut up your trap, just make your comment and don't try to be stupid, we know you are but must you always act and display it everywhere

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Nbote(m): 8:44am On Aug 31, 2018
Dailymemoirs:

He had a poor last season? By scoring highest in Europe all competition with lesser games played. 15 in the Champions league. If that's Ur definition of a poor season then it is one many players dream of

See d problem with U guys... A season's performances are based on 38 matches in d league and ALL d matches in d Champions League and in dis case there was d group stage, knockout, quarters, semis and den d finals. How can U base an overall seasons award over a few matches in d quarters and semis alone? Ronaldo had an inconsistent season and wasn't even Madrid's best player last season.. I don't get how some of U reason.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Dailymemoirs: 8:48am On Aug 31, 2018
Nbote:

See d problem with U guys... Performances are based on 38 matches in d league and ALL d matches in d Champions League.. Ronaldo wasn't even Madrid's best player last season.. I don't get how some of U reason.

Bring Ur statistics to.defend it. He wasn't the best player yet he led them on the pitch. Against juve against psg. In world club championship scored a freekick winner . Scored in laliga only behind Messi in la Liga. Super Cup against Barcelona too..what r u saying
The award is for champions league

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Kaxmytex(m): 8:52am On Aug 31, 2018
It's a good thing that uefa and fifa don dey wake up...

If you think you can rain goals, just collect ur best forward and go your house jejely...

There should be a different between best scorer and best player...

After being rested so many times in the league jux for ucl, the time needed most, he went missing or should i say he disappeared on the pitch...

And a man wey dey play week in week out in all competition, bossing his position in style, can't believe some people still dey tok sey im no deserve dis award...

Some people should fear God o...

Ronaldo, just drink vegetable oil on that best forward..... Mdric deserve that best player more than you

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by gaby(m): 8:53am On Aug 31, 2018
Luka deserves it too in my opinion. Time to quit making the overall best a sole concentrate of strikers/goal scores. A team usually consists of goal keepers, defenders, midfielders and attackers.

Where a weak link exists in any of this makeup, scoring or winning as a team would usually be a mirage.

Kudos to the voters for being bold and far reaching in their decisions.

Check out the beta Tori for my siggy..paperback pre order available.

42 Likes

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by mvem(m): 8:53am On Aug 31, 2018
Dailymemoirs:

modric deserves it... Engine house of Real Madrid, the one that pull all string because he doesn't score goals but does more important things... He was also best player in the world cup

34 Likes

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by tokrizy: 8:54am On Aug 31, 2018
for me ooo.

ronaldo deserve it.

wetin modric play?.

Ronaldo set record oo.

scored from group stage till juventus game.

abeg i wan knw wetin modric do to win dis award.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by mvem(m): 8:54am On Aug 31, 2018
Dailymemoirs:

Bring Ur statistics to.defend it. He wasn't the best player yet he led them on the pitch. Against juve against psg. In world club championship scored a freekick winner . Scored in laliga only behind Messi in la Liga. Super Cup against Barcelona too..what r u saying
The award is for champions league
..so will you use goals to compare him to Modric...modric really deserves it

13 Likes

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by johnstar(m): 8:54am On Aug 31, 2018
Luka modric deserves it

They both won champions league

Ronaldo couldn’t help is country to d world cup final

But luka modric did it

So he deserves it

Congrats luka modric

Its not by goals dat will make u win d best player
Its by helping your team

Next is eden hazard

36 Likes

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Imperare(f): 8:54am On Aug 31, 2018
modric was the best player of the tournament. he also showed it in world cup.

13 Likes

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Dailymemoirs: 8:55am On Aug 31, 2018
[quote author=mvem post=70771100]modric deserves it... Engine house of Real Madrid, the one that pull all string because he doesn't score goals but does more important things... He was also best player in the world cup[/quote
Then xavi would have more awards than Messi going by Ur logic of engine house

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by fergie001: 8:55am On Aug 31, 2018
I think cr7 deserved it..

Excepting the world cup which is not in play here,I do not see the statistics Modric had ahead of him....

Someone who said 'pulling the strings'
What will happen to Xavi and Iniesta?

I just think it's Europe and they have a way of doing their things,an example of Shevchenko's 2004 awards....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Dailymemoirs: 8:56am On Aug 31, 2018
mvem:
..so will you use goals to compare him to Modric...modric really deserves it

Not goals Ronaldo won 8 Man of the match awards in the tournament

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by MooreJozo(m): 8:56am On Aug 31, 2018
why na
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Frankiss44(m): 8:56am On Aug 31, 2018
Nbote:
Some of U fanboys are funny.. Does it make sense dat becos he had a few gud games he deserves to win d award?? Ronaldo had a poor season last season whether U want to admit it or not... D awards are based on performances all over d season, not a few gud performances . D season started in August and Madrid had to do without Ronaldo's goals till January/February and if not for Modric's consistency Zidane would have been sacked by November and then becos Ronaldo scored in d quarter finals and semi-finals of d champions league he's better than d person who's being there from d group stages??

What consistency are u talking about, aside world cup, Modric had a few decent games en route the Champions league final.. His assists and goal stats says it all.. Meanwhile Ronaldo didn't just finish as the highest goal scorer, but he won 8 man of the match award enroute the finals, meanwhile Modric that was present in all the games never won 1...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by nelsonebby(m): 8:57am On Aug 31, 2018
Rooneyboy:

Shut up your trap, just make your comment and don't try to be stupid, we know you are but must you always act and display it everywhere
Rooney
You know I ain’t lying
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by SEONaijaExpert: 8:57am On Aug 31, 2018
I hope Modric will prove himself again next year.

You can't just take it away from Ronaldo, he's an all time performer.

10 Likes

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by sniperwolf(m): 8:57am On Aug 31, 2018
UEFA is Real Madrid

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obafemi Martins Buys Brand New G-wagon For His Babymama (photos) / Meet the five women referees who will be at the AFCON 2023 (Photos) / COVID-19: Six Chelsea Players Test Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.