Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom (37869 Views)

Why Ronaldo Doesn't Have Tattoo / What Happens If Cristiano Ronaldo Doesn't Perform At Juventus? / Ronaldo Doesn't Have The Record, I Do - Gyan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by ollah2: 9:14am On Aug 31, 2018
People love whining unnecessarily. Antoine Grizeman didn't make the top three at all. He won UEFA cup, won world cup, won UEFA super cup and second in La Liga but no Ronaldo deserves all the award because his team won ONLY champions league while scoring goals.

10 Likes

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 31, 2018
Dailymemoirs:

So if someone scores 15 goals but doesn't score in the finals and semi final it becomes a poor performance?
I don't understand u sir
Kindargarten I Q Reasoning.Sum People Sef
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by author1(m): 9:15am On Aug 31, 2018
Rooneyboy:

Shut up your trap, just make your comment and don't try to be stupid, we know you are but must you always act and display it everywhere
abi o bros help me tel am wel wel.
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by ollah2: 9:15am On Aug 31, 2018
JeffreyJames:

Uncle Uefa award is for Champions league not league games.

UEFA is for bbn UEFA competitions and that includes Europa league. Check my upper post
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Bigsteveg(m): 9:15am On Aug 31, 2018
post=70770152:
Time for another debate .

Modric had a great world cup, if that was one of the criteria, which we don't think it is.
It's UEFA not FIFA awards.
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by babadeee(m): 9:16am On Aug 31, 2018
Nbote:
Some of U fanboys are funny.. Does it make sense dat becos he had a few gud games he deserves to win d award?? Ronaldo had a poor season last season whether U want to admit it or not... D awards are based on overall performances all over d season, not a few gud performances . D season started in August and Madrid had to do without Ronaldo's goals till January/February and if not for Modric's consistency Zidane would have been sacked by November and then becos Ronaldo scored in d quarter finals and semi-finals of d champions league he's better than d person who's being there from d group stages?? I'm sure U ppl are waiting for him to score in Juve to tell everyone how he's already d best player in d Serie A
Will you keep quiet, have you forgotten he scores in all the group stage matches he even brake record no player . have done that in the history of UEFA if you say Ronaldo no perform for laliga I will not argue wit u

1 Like

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:16am On Aug 31, 2018
caprini1:
As a registered real Madrid fan ,that watched every single madrid game last season,Luka modric ,100% deserved the award ,he was everywhere on the pitch last season.
I am a Barça fan, I can beat my chest to defend modric any day....He will even win the balondor I am sure....The problem with fake Madrid fans is that they just masturbate anytime Ronaldo scores... I have always been of the opinion that Ronaldo is just a brilliant pure striker....Modric is the engine...

5 Likes

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Yemsam01: 9:16am On Aug 31, 2018
loganx:
while i agree with this. how much influence does UEFA has over who wins if the system is open to 100% voting by coaches and team captains?
if that is the case, as a real madrid fan myself, i think people just have issues with his attitude, which i have too, not his performance. he's attitude of playing god and very low team spirit. sometimes, no mater what you achieve, some people get irritated by your attitude.
Please can you explain that kind of attitude that ronaldo has and will make them choose modric over him. If something is not good, it is not good. Don't find some excuses that are not genuine

1 Like

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by gmercy713: 9:16am On Aug 31, 2018
Someone will tell you that Ronaldo 2017/18 season and world cup outing was bad,yet he had the highest goal by European top 5 League players.

CR7 missing the award this year will go along way in inspiring him to work hard this season.

I am not against Modric winning the award,we have to give credit for his good play during the previous season.

FYI UEFA uses local league and international performance to decide the winner of the award.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by freekick: 9:18am On Aug 31, 2018
I take GOD beg una, pls no just involve Messi for this argument. Abeg. Na beg i dey beg.

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by nuelzz04(m): 9:18am On Aug 31, 2018
According to UEFA, the award "recognise[s] the best player, irrespective of his nationality, playing for a football club within the territory of a UEFA member association during the previous season."[1] Players are judged by their performances in [b][/b]All competitions, domestic and international, and at club and national team levels throughout the season.[1]

Ronaldo fan boys shud go n sleep... UEFA best player is not d best player in d champions league it's for d best player in all competitions... See d criteria above

1 Like

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by babadeee(m): 9:18am On Aug 31, 2018
REELnewz:
Kindargarten I Q Reasoning.Sum People Sef
U know well sad sad sad waiting them dey use give best players since the Era of Ronaldo and Messi no be goals??
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by gaby(m): 9:19am On Aug 31, 2018
olaolaking:
. Your argument makes sense Sha. Seun your forum and error 502 are like demand and supply.

Thanks bro...the error thing na traffic dey cause am I guess.
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:20am On Aug 31, 2018
gmercy713:
Someone will tell you that Ronaldo 2017/18 season and world cup outing was bad,yet he has the highest goal in European League.

I am against Modric winning the award,we have to give credit for his good play during the previous season.

FYI UEFA uses local league and international performance to decide the winner of the award.

if they used all competitions, then Salah doesn't deserve to be there, Messi won golden boot, LA LIGA, Copa Del Rey... Messi deserves number 3 because Salah didn't win anything

1 Like

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by olaolaking: 9:20am On Aug 31, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

statistics is all you talk about. This is the problem of today's football.. Nobody watches matches just live scores... I bet zidane won't win balondor if it were to be today because according to you guys, he doesn't have the stats....please watch matches and not livescores
Imagine what are saying. Statistics is always the proof and all players have there performance statistics. Zidane you mentioned had his'.

The effort you put it and the result is what counts. A match can be one because of a particular defender doing more than others.

Now tell us like how many times did Madrid win as a result of Modric doing more than others?
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by intruxive(m): 9:21am On Aug 31, 2018
This was a free and fare election by professional coaches and journalists

1 Like

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by olaolaking: 9:22am On Aug 31, 2018
AlphaStyles:
even without world cup modric has proved that he is among the best
Yes! Among the best but not the best
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 31, 2018
babadeee:
U know well sad sad sad waiting them dey use give best players since the Era of Ronaldo and Messi no be goals??
Modric??Hell No
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:23am On Aug 31, 2018
olaolaking:
Imagine what are saying. Statistics is always the proof and all players have there performance statistics. Zidane you mentioned had his'.

The effort you put it and the result is what counts. A match can be one because of a particular defender doing more than others.

Now tell us like how many times did Madrid win as a result of Modric doing more than others?
Go and bring Zidane's statistics....if it's statistics, I may as well bring Messi because he scored the highest number of goals in all competitions last season

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by olaolaking: 9:25am On Aug 31, 2018
nelsonebby:

If it’s by goals then Messi has won the ballon d’or this year
What special things did modric do? How many matches did Madrid win because Modric was so spectacular?

It is not only goals l but scoring is an advantage
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by gmercy713: 9:26am On Aug 31, 2018
ClintonNzedimfuma:

if they used all competitions, then Salah doesn't deserve to be there, Messi won golden boot, LA LIGA, Copa Del Rey... Messi deserves number 3 because Salah didn't win anything

Remember performance isn't about winning as we all term it.

The said Salah also won EPL top scorer,had more goals than Messi in UCL cup and lost the final in UCL.

So,in his own capabilities he tried his best.

Remember people like us were the ones that voted.

Each voter has the right to choose whom they want.

hope you understood me?
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 31, 2018
Modric deserve it but Ronaldo deserve it more

Anyways, wetin man go do

Modric go be like Ronaldo fans if you want the award... Comman collect it grin
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by olaolaking: 9:28am On Aug 31, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

Go and bring Zidane's statistics....if it's statistics, I may as well bring Messi because he scored the highest number of goals in all competitions last season
Your own statistics means goal abi?

Have you not heard that a defender won best player, have you not seen where a goal keeper won best or man of the match? If you still don't understand please ask. I will explain better what to consider
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by gurunlocker: 9:29am On Aug 31, 2018
OhiOfIhima:

I dont think World cup should be use as a criteria in this UEFA case.. Is a pure rubbing. I like the way both the Juve director and CR7 agent speak out ahead of Baron d'or coming soon.

Lol.... You really think he will win the Ballon D'or? Because he won the champions league? In fact he won't win FIFA the best award (Mbappe or Griezmann are in better position to win)....

I am no Ronaldo hater but sentiment apart, Ronaldo is just a goal scorer and nothing more. His team mate sacrifice a lot just to make sure he score and feel happy.

Have you noticed something about Ronaldo in the last 3 years? He always flop in the first half of the season and then have a good 3 or 4 months (He will score tone of goals within that month), but someone that has been consistent throughout the season won't even win what he won.

Did you remember voting was extended because he scored an hattrick against Sweden when he won his second Ballon D'or? What do you have to say about that?

Why did you think Perez allowed Ronaldo to go but stopped Modric with every means? It's simple, Ronaldo can be replaced easily since his contribution is mainly the goal part and those that provide the goals are Modric, Kroos and Benzema...

Benzema was a hot striker before, but just to make Ronaldo happy and score, he will see the goal post and still be looking for Ronaldo.

I know he deserved to win the UEFA BEST PLAYER as I was also surprised he didn't win, but things like this happen. It has favor him before, now it's against him.

I also think leaving Madrid also contributed to the snub...

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 31, 2018
Lol Real Madrid just placing burden on Modric than he can handle
Let see what Madrid can do in Uefa champion league this season
As for Ronaldo I think it's a motivation to work harder

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by fortune1894(m): 9:29am On Aug 31, 2018
nelsonebby:
Ronaldo didn’t score or attempt to score in the semifinals and finals.

Scoring penalties can’t make you the best

Real fans know modric deserves it.

Man united fans are actually the ones complaining.
u think scoring penalties r easy I remember when I used to play back then in school I never really enjoyed penalty duties cos d fear I experience every time nearly choked d life out of me
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Dokore: 9:29am On Aug 31, 2018
In the champions league Ronaldo played 10 out of eleven in the champions league. Modric played 8. In overall play Ronaldo was more instrumental than Modric in Europe. So I don't understand the rationale. Perez is behind all this

1 Like

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:30am On Aug 31, 2018
olaolaking:
Your own statistics means goal abi?

Have you not heard that a defender won best player, have you not seen where a goal keeper won best or man of the match? If you still don't understand please ask. I will explain better what to consider

Your understanding of the subject is limited...Hope you know based on statistics Modric has a higher work rate compared to Ronaldo
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by sterlingD(m): 9:31am On Aug 31, 2018
Maybe them don tire to dey give Ronaldo.Well for a change l guess they opted for a fresh face
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by AlphaStyles(m): 9:32am On Aug 31, 2018
olaolaking:
Yes! Among the best but not the best
he is the best for me
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Dokore: 9:32am On Aug 31, 2018
I am a real Madrid fan I can remember Tottenham Hotspur vs real Madrid modric cost Real Madrid that match so I feel that there was a conspiracy against Ronaldo that's fact

1 Like

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Dokore: 9:33am On Aug 31, 2018
Ok let's see how far real Madrid goes this season with Modric grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History / Obafemi Martins Buys Brand New G-wagon For His Babymama (photos) / PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.