Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Twitter Reacts As Dejan Lovren's Comments On Sergio Ramos - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Twitter Reacts As Dejan Lovren's Comments On Sergio Ramos (603 Views)

Tottenham Hotspur Sign Rodrigo Bentancur As Dejan Kulusevski arrives on loan / Mohammed Salah Takes Revenge After Injury Scare On Sergio Ramos / Sergio Ramos Was Seen Smiling As Mohamed Salah Left The Field (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Twitter Reacts As Dejan Lovren's Comments On Sergio Ramos by oluwafemme129(m): 1:54pm On Aug 31, 2018
Thursday night saw several football players attend the Champions League Draw and UEFA Awards’ ceremony in Monaco.

It was an evening to celebrate for all UEFA awardees and particularly Real Madrid as most of the accolades went to Los Blancos players.

Luka Modric was awarded the 2017-18 Champions League Midfielder of the Season and UEFA Men’s Player of the Year awards. Cristiano Ronaldo grabbed the Champions League Forward of the Season and Sergio Ramos, who infamously injured Mohamed Salah in the final, won the award for Defender of the Season.

Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren did not take the news too well. The Croatian has always believed that he deserves to be viewed as one of the best defenders in world football.

Lovren once said, "From my point of view I had people saying I had a difficult season but I don't agree with that."

"I took Liverpool to the final of the Champions League and now with my national team we are in the final. I think people should recognize that I am also one of the best defenders in the world and not just talk nonsense," he had added.

The 29-year-old defender was instrumental in Liverpool's journey to the Champions League final as well as Croatia's amazing trip to the World Cup final this summer.

Despite these achievements, the Defender of the Season award instead went to Real Madrid center-back Sergio Ramos.

Following the ceremony, Lovren made his feelings about the decision pretty clear in a comment he left on Champions League's Instagram post congratulating Ramos on the achievement. The comment has since been deleted, but not before fans got a screenshot.

Re: Twitter Reacts As Dejan Lovren's Comments On Sergio Ramos by garetz: 8:58pm On Aug 31, 2018
He has a point

(1) (Reply)

Bet9ja Application That Add Money To Your Account / One-club Goalscorers: Leo Messi Hot On Pelé’s Heels / Chelsea Star Breaks Didier Drogba's Goal In Europe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.