Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka (1985 Views)

Which Of These Critics Will Make A Good President If Allowed To Govern? / But For My 2,000 Rented Crowd, Buhari Would Have Met Empty Stadium – Umahi / Atiku: Buhari Would Have Arrested Me If I Am Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Aji2012: 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2018
Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka, has criticised President Muhammadu Buhari over his comments at the opening ceremony of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) conference last Sunday.

In a statement Thursday, Mr Soyinka mocked the president by saying Mr Buhari had obviously given a deep thought to his travails under a military dictatorship and concluded that his incarceration at that time was also in the ‘national interest.’

Mr Buhari was imprisoned for years by the Ibrahim Babangida regime after his military dictatorship was overthrown in 1985.
Since returning to power in 2015, Mr Buhari’s government has held some Nigerians for years without trial. High profile detainees have been denied freedom despite court orders.

“Here we go again,” Mr Soyinka said in the statement he titled ‘Buhari’s Pernicious Doctrine.’

“At his first coming, it was ‘I intend to tamper with Freedom of the Press,’ and Buhari did proceed to suit action to the words, sending two journalists – Irabor and Thompson – to prison as a reward for their professional integrity.

“Now, a vague, vaporous, but commodious concept dubbed “national interest” is being trotted out as alibi for flouting the decisions of the Nigerian judiciary. President Buhari has obviously given deep thought to his travails under a military dictatorship, and concluded that his incarceration was also in the ‘national interest.’”

Mr Buhari sparked outrage with his statement while addressing a gathering of lawyers when he said: “the rule of law must be subject to the supremacy of the nation’s security and national interest.”

The president’s comments drew criticisms from the lawyers and Nigerians who condemned his statement in strong terms.

In his statement on Thursday, Mr Soyinka described the timing of the president’s speech as “perfect.”

“We have cause to be thankful for the advance warning, since not all rulers actually make a declaration of intent, but simply proceed to degrade the authority of the law as part of the routine business of governance,” said Mr Soyinka.

“We have been there before. It should be of mere interest, not despondency, that this latest proclamation of dictatorial recidivism has also been made before an assembly of officers of the law, the Nigerian Bar Association. We expect a robust response from the NBA as part of its conclusions.”

Mr Soyinka noted that there is no shortcut to democracy and that the history of law, even where uncodified, is as old as humanity.

“Numerous rulers have tried again and again to annul that institution,” he said.
“Sometimes, they appear to succeed, but in the end, they pay heavy forfeit. So does society.

“The rule of law, however, outlasts all subverters, however seemingly powerful. If the consequences for society in defence of the rule of law were not so costly, any new attempt would be merely banal and boring, hardly deserving of attention. We know, historically, where it will all end.”

http://newsbreakng.com/2018/08/30/buhari-full-blown-dictator-allowed-return-2019-soyinka/
Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by sweetyme001(f): 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2018
Alright

1 Like

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by rajiraymond(m): 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2018
Even OBJ cannot stop him.
PMB till 2023.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Sarkin: 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2018
If he has to become a ruthless dictator to change this nation, I'll vote him in 2023 if possible.
If he even suspends the constitution for this country to change I'll still have his name inscribed in my heart.
Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by olasaad(f): 6:52pm On Aug 31, 2018
Sarkin:
If he has to become a ruthless dictator to change this nation, I'll vote him in 2023 if possible.
If he even suspends the constitution for this country to change I'll still have his name inscribed in my heart.

another BMC Buhari media Cow

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by chichar1(f): 6:54pm On Aug 31, 2018
BUHARI is a BEAST of a Nation!!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2018
perhaps Indiame of Uganda !

1 Like

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Johnnyessence(m): 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2018
pmb is the most clueless president Nigerians will ever votes for and a lifeless dictator.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2018
Sarkin:
That is Islamic mentality!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by andorbe: 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2018
why, why not rather get a bottle of acid so by 2019 when the results are anounced u can take n die for him. why are some of u blind? This man has brought nothing but pain and suffering to nigerians n u say u ll still vote him? How did i even find myself with such illiterate characters?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by edupedia: 8:53pm On Sep 01, 2018
andorbe:
why, why not rather get a bottle of acid so by 2019 when the results are anounced u can take n die for him. why are some of u blind? This man has brought nothing but pain and suffering to nigerians n u say u ll still vote him? How did i even find myself with such illiterate characters?

...perhaps because u are an anointed illiterate...pack leader to be exact.
Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Blackfire(m): 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2018
Soyinka shut up
Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by StillX10(m): 11:54pm On Sep 01, 2018
Degenerated lunatics still think Buhari is a good and honest old man

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Sharpshooota: 12:17am On Sep 02, 2018
Sarkin:

This is the kind of people I share a country with

SMH

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Sharpshooota: 12:20am On Sep 02, 2018
Blackfire:
Soyinka shut up

Buhari has always been a dictator
And all those that support him will never make heaven

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Sarkin: 12:42am On Sep 02, 2018
Sharpshooota:

This is the kind of people I share a country with

SMH
what's paramount is the progress of the nation.
Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Blackfire(m): 5:53am On Sep 02, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Buhari has always been a dictator
And all those that support him will never make heaven

Starting from Soyinka who sold a dictator to gullible youth s in 2015.

Let buhari change complete 8years... And he must win.
I didn't vote for him last time , this time I will.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 02, 2018
rajiraymond:
Even OBJ cannot stop him.
PMB till 2023.

It appears some people don't understand what we are saying here or cannot read and understand simple English!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 02, 2018
Sarkin:

Unreasonable APC members commenting!
Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by fukushaki(m): 6:09am On Sep 02, 2018
I see zombies everywhere
Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Omeokachie: 6:19am On Sep 02, 2018
That is what the youths selling their future for N30k stipend don't seem to understand.
He has never hidden his intention of what he planned to do for herdsmen, also with his move of determining what constitutes national or security interest.

I hope it won't be too late before those who are selling their birthright shout "had we known".

1 Like

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Racoon(m): 6:39am On Sep 02, 2018
Whenever I remember Buhari my mind goes to the dictators like Napoleon(Animal Farm),Idi Amin, Hitler etc.
Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by porka: 11:15am On Sep 02, 2018
Prof. Wole Soyinka should just go and hide somewhere.

Does Buhari has to announce his intentions verbally before professor realizes that he been a dictator since 1900?

What was he thinking when he was persuaded by Tinubu and Ameachi to look the other way about Buhari brutality in 2015?

Is he just waking up now?

What has he been doing since Buhari has been displaying his dictatorship character?

When Buhari was seeking emergency powers to suspend the constitution and turn himself to a 21st century African 'god' where was Soyinka.

What does Soyinka think of refusing Dasuki and El-Zakzaky bail despite several court pronouncements?
Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by gentlegenius(m): 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2018
Sarkin:
A dirty slap could push small sense into the head of a zombie...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by OmoOshodi(m): 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2018
Destiny34:
That is Islamic mentality!

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by RevLikeBigYansh: 8:40am On Dec 29, 2018
According to zombies, Soyinka is now an IPOB yoot
Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by RevLikeBigYansh: 8:42am On Dec 29, 2018
[s]
Sarkin:
[/s][s][/s]

This is why we need to split this useless country.

You ab0kis are the least democrated beings on the planet.

If you want North Korea, then declare your arewastani republic.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by RevLikeBigYansh: 8:46am On Dec 29, 2018
porka:
Prof. Wole Soyinka should just go and hide somewhere.

Does Buhari has to announce his intentions verbally before professor realizes that he been a dictator since 1900?

What was he thinking when he was persuaded by Tinubu and Ameachi to look the other way about Buhari brutality in 2015?

Is he just waking up now?

What has he been doing since Buhari has been displaying his dictatorship character?

When Buhari was seeking emergency powers to suspend the constitution and turn himself to a 21st century African 'god' where was Soyinka.

What does Soyinka think of refusing Dasuki and El-Zakzaky bail despite several court pronouncements?

Soyinka is just another useful idiot.

He is part of the Marxist globalist agenda.

He had no option to support Buhari after his god Obama declared Buhari as his preferred candidate.

We also saw how he shamelessly and openly gave his support to Hillary Clinton and threatened to destroy his green card if Trump won.

The man is in no way or form intelligent and is just another puppet whom the globalist have elevated to serve their hidden agenda.
Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by RevLikeBigYansh: 8:48am On Dec 29, 2018
Sarkin:
what's paramount is the progress of the nation.

We are not all ants like you.
Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Racoon(m): 8:59am On Dec 29, 2018
One can imagine how learned people of Prof.Soyinka's nature among many to fell for an illiterate sadist, bigot and ethnic supremacist of the president nature.It just remains a mystery.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Would Be Full Blown Dictator If Allowed To Return In 2019 – Soyinka by Racoon(m): 9:00am On Dec 29, 2018
porka:
Prof. Wole Soyinka should just go and hide somewhere.Does Buhari has to announce his intentions verbally before professor realizes that he been a dictator since 1900?

What was he thinking when he was persuaded by Tinubu and Ameachi to look the other way about Buhari brutality in 2015? Is he just waking up now?

What has he been doing since Buhari has been displaying his dictatorship character? When Buhari was seeking emergency powers to suspend the constitution and turn himself to a 21st century African 'god' where was Soyinka.

Fixed.God bless you sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Actor, Okon Lagos Sets Akwa Ibom Politics in Confusion; supports both PDP & APC / Out Of 200 Igbos, Only One Will Vote Buhari. / BREAKING: Buhari Wins Katsina With A Landslide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.