Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know (25252 Views)

50 Common Email Acronyms And Abbreviations / Social Media Acronyms Every User Should Know / 5 Cool Things You Can Do On Whatsapp You Probably Didn't Know About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by keryj(f): 6:59am On Sep 01, 2018
CheapDataGuy:

Ur cute kiss

Thanks. smiley
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 01, 2018
post=70797439:

Mobile Telecommunications Network. 

Don't mention sis!
What about GLO? grin
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:02am On Sep 01, 2018
chisco82:

What about GLO? grin
Serious student don't show their teeth if they really need answer to a question.
So bye!
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by snaiper: 7:06am On Sep 01, 2018
OPAUGBEE:
Pls what's the full meaning of WiFi?
wireless fidelity.

1 Like

Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:14am On Sep 01, 2018
tafat:
Wow, thanks for the tips. So the 4G I enjoy on the pouvoir 2 means 4th generation?
pouvoir does the work. � device.
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by Mcreloaded(m): 7:14am On Sep 01, 2018
14. MMS - Multimedia Messaging Service

MMS is in all phones but I believe it is not all that useful as people make use of it less than 5% of the phone life span
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 01, 2018
post=70798022:

Serious student don't show their teeth if they really need answer to a question.
So bye!
Lol!
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by Orestino(m): 8:34am On Sep 01, 2018
lawalosky:

Ban de hungry u ba

Banana ni
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by abbasajao(m): 8:50am On Sep 01, 2018
Aside from all these claverage bearing, snake bight, Davido NYSC, slay queens in dubai and other funny front page news, nairaland can be very educative and informative.
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by lawalosky(m): 8:55am On Sep 01, 2018
Orestino:

Banana ni
Quantinu.
When Mod lash u 1week ban ur eye go clear
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by HealthyLivingNG: 9:22am On Sep 01, 2018
Great
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by Sinof(m): 9:46am On Sep 01, 2018
OPAUGBEE:
Pls what's the full meaning of WiFi?
Wireless Fidelity

1 Like

Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by Topmaike007(m): 10:31am On Sep 01, 2018
dominique:

What is the full meaning of MTN? undecided
madness to Nigeria
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 01, 2018
tafat:
Wow, thanks for the tips. So the 4G I enjoy on the pouvoir 2 means 4th generation?
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by alfredo4u(m): 11:23am On Sep 01, 2018
Nice one
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by evansjeff(m): 11:41am On Sep 01, 2018
henrixx:
Cool

Samsung s7 for sale @60k
Infinix note 5 for sale at 35k

Call or watsap 08062292514

location,

is the infinix negotiable?
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by henrixx(m): 11:55am On Sep 01, 2018
evansjeff:

location,

is the infinix negotiable?
haha lol. It's note 4 I mean

Even with the mistake you want still negotiate the 35k
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by Enmas078(m): 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2018
tafat:

Me dey enjoy 10g, 10th generation.
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by leonard002(m): 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2018
ok. good one op
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by Orestino(m): 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2018
lawalosky:

Quantinu.
When Mod lash u 1week ban ur eye go clear

Bobby Lashley ni grin
Kill yourself
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by Offpoint: 1:40pm On Sep 01, 2018
keryj:

Thanks smiley
You're not cutegringrin
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by keryj(f): 1:44pm On Sep 01, 2018
Offpoint:

You're not cutegringrin

Thanks. Its also a compliment smiley
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by Offpoint: 1:48pm On Sep 01, 2018
keryj:

Thanks. Its also a compliment smiley
No hard feelings, I'm just messing with yougrin

1 Like

Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by keryj(f): 1:54pm On Sep 01, 2018
Offpoint:

No hard feelings, I'm just messing with yougrin

Thanks again
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by evansjeff(m): 3:59pm On Sep 01, 2018
henrixx:
haha lol. It's note 4 I mean

Even with the mistake you want still negotiate the 35k

I don't know the state of the phone you know. so is it negotiable?

and what's the location?
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by henrixx(m): 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2018
evansjeff:

I don't know the state of the phone you know. so is it negotiable?

and what's the location?

lagos
Phone is in clean perfect state
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by mcbanj(m): 5:10pm On Sep 01, 2018
beejayvince:
There are many acronyms that we use every day without knowing what they mean. This also applies in the phone industry. There are phone technology acronyms that we see and use everyday but do not know what they stand for.

Here are some of such acronyms that you should know:

1. GSM - Global System for Mobile communications

2. CDMA - Code Division Multiple Access

3. 1G - 1st Generation

4. 2G - 2nd Generation

5. 3G - 3rd Generation

6. GPRS - General Packet Radio Service

7. EDGE - Exchanged Data rates for GSM Evolution

8. HSPA - High Speed Packet Access

9. HSPA+ - Evolved High Speed Packet Access

10. LTE - Long Term Evolution

11. LTE-A - Long Term Evolution Advanced

12. MIMO - Multiple Input Multiple Output

13. SMS - Short Message Service

14. MMS - Multimedia Messaging Service

15. SIM - Subscriber Identification Module

16. IMEI - International Mobile Equipment Identity

17. IP - Internet Protocol

18. ISP - Internet Service Provider

19. RAM - Random Access Memory

20. ROM - Read-Only Memory

21. SoC - System on Chip

22. CPU - Central Processing Unit

23. GPU - Graphical Processing Unit

24. USB - Universal Serial Bus

25. ADB - Android Debug Bridge

26. MAC - Media Access Control

27. AOSP - Android Open Source Project

Find more details here:
https://www.smartphonecamp.com/important-phone-technology-acronyms-to-know/

Cc:
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by evansjeff(m): 8:28pm On Sep 01, 2018
henrixx:
lagos
Phone is in clean perfect state

Benin
Re: Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know by Chrisx1x(m): 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2018
DopeTech:

Good one, people may be laughing at him for this post but mind you up till now some people have not known the full meaning of SIM card Talk more of [b]GSM [/b]even MTN most people don't know the full meaning.
very simple.is it not General System Management

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oraimo 27000mah Powerbank Unboxing & Review – Traveler 3 Byte [massive Power] / AIRTEL NG BB COMPLETE/MONTH NOW 3GB FOR N1400!!! / 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.