Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone (25270 Views)

New Google Datally App Help You Save Data, Track Wifi And More / Youtube Go App Officially Launched In Nigeria To Help You Save Data. / 6 Ways To Save Data When Using Mobile Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by kasysleek(m): 10:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
If there's one thing that android phones are well known for among others is how much data it consumes since data bundles are becoming quite cheap *thanks to Glo* most people still find it annoying, personally i know how that feels.

I can still remember the first android device I used "Huawei U8650"
Being a newbie back then my data bundle and airtime did not last that much untill I started implementing the following steps which I will list out then explain to you.

In A Nutshell 6 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android

Restrict background data

Use browser with data saving feature

Set data limit

Set app updates over wifi only

Use opera max app

Use data monitoring apps

Turn off data roaming

Restrict Background Data
Yes! you guessed right, this is placed at number one because most android user don't get know anything about background data or if it exist.

Heres a little something on background data

As the name implies its simply help background running apps like whatsapp, facebook, to receive or use data even when you are not using the app thus leading to loss of data without you knowing.
If you are the kind that does not have enough data bundle on his or her android device and would like to turn off this feature please follow these steps.

Go to settings.

Click on data usage.
Click on the small icon at the top to display a menu.
Tick on the restrict background data option .

Use Browser With Data Saving Feature

Most of you just use browser like Opera mini and UC without knowing about the data saving features on it.
If you are a die hard Opera and UC browser user like me you would notice that Opera and UC has being making moves to help their consumers reduce data consumption by adding data saving options.

If you are using your phone's or laptop default browser I would advise you to switch to Opera mini or UC browser.
Alternatively you can set image quality to medium or low.

Set Data Limit

If you don't want to over use your data bundle you can easily set up data limit to notify or switch off the data connection when the data limit is reached.

To set up date limit on your android smartphone follow these steps.

Go to settings
Go to data usage then click on set data limit.
Note: use your hand to adjust the level to the amount of data available.

Use Opera Mini Max App

Alternatively you can use the Opera mini max app to compress videos, texts and picture hence reducing data consumption.

Set App Updates Over Wifi Only

You must have gotten a notification of an update about/of an application. If would be wise to set this to off or over wifi to unwanted data loss.

Use Data Monitoring Apps

To add to it, you can also use data monitoring apps to keep tabs on how much data you are consuming.
This feature can also be found on opera mini and UC browsers.
Download here

Turn Off Data Roaming

This is almost the same with background data.
This allows an app to receive data when you are roaming.
To turn this off follow the same steps you use to turn off background data.
Then tick on turn data roaming to off.

Or simply identify the apps that consumes more data in data settings to know apps that consumes data the most.

[b]MORE:[/b]http://kasysleek..com/2016/01/7-smart-ways-to-quickly-save-data-on-android-.html

These are just some of the few ways to save data on your android phone.
Have any other tips to share please feel free to comment.

CC: lalasticlala

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by kasysleek(m): 10:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
CC : Lalasticlala , seun
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by fhelihx(m): 11:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
Makes sense tho..nice one OP

1 Like

Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by isaacasher(m): 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2016
I love opera max so helpful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by youngice(m): 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
I am looking for 7 ways to save battery on my iPhone

2 Likes

Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by DsendantOFyusuf: 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
I don't need to save data, I got so much data that I download just to delete. grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by v4victor: 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
Why do i need to save my data when i enjoy 3gb from Glo for just 1k?
And iffa save am sef, e still go expire at the end of the month

4 Likes

Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by deebuoy(m): 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
Thnx Op.
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by phemmyfour: 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
All thanks to glo, I no longer worry about saving data
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by vicostyles(m): 6:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
ok
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by jimharry21(m): 6:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
this is new year so we're upgrading to higher level. data cannot limit us. Amen.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by danduj(m): 6:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
y shud i worry about saving data wen simpleserver is still working

1 Like

Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by Starcodecity: 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
danduj:
y shud i worry about saving data wen simpleserver is still working
bro abeg which simple server cheat are u using?
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by Yorubago(f): 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by millionboi(m): 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
Op r u jobless?
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by Morhziez(m): 6:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
ok
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by kennyman2000(m): 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
Okay...
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by OLAplusONE(m): 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
I need one I mean 1 way to reduce data consumption on my iPhone , thanks.
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by cassyrooy(m): 7:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
Lol, when Glo don spoil market with cheap data
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by jimmyjamzdrift: 7:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
Ok.. Promo time… new song is out. Starting from the scratch again.. Please download like and share .. I apologize so greatly for the harsh words used in this song I know it will be offensive to some people.. So I sincerely apologize. Click that link http://picosong.com/EYaA please download and share. And also please like our page here 
https://www.facebook.com/Pinpoint-Musik-485388228292904/ we would be really grateful. Thank you and enjoy the song ‪#‎pinpointmusik‬
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by maximunimpact(m): 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
brb
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by stano2(m): 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2016
hmmm opera max app..that app sucks data too.
my own opinion UNCHECK AUTO SYNC APPS.

1 Like

Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by Sike(m): 7:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
Can someone explain to me how this opera max can be used?
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by Fuzoma(m): 7:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
I must use glo this year.God save me from those karashikas
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by ameynuJR(m): 7:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
Even me that have little or no android experience know all these. mind you this is stale.
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by emmyw(m): 7:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
Op, nice one, you tried for compiling the list for newbies.
Re: 7 Smart Ways To Quickly Save Data On Your Android Phone by adedam007(m): 7:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
T

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Code To Check Your Access Bank Account Balance / Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones / Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.