Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round (16001 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / EFL CUP: West Ham Knocks Out Man Utd To Reach Fourth Round / Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by SEONaijaExpert: 11:05am On Sep 01, 2018
Serena always beating Venus

She's a power house. Much love to the family.

2 Likes

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by ObaKlaz: 11:05am On Sep 01, 2018
Aystarz:

You must feel for her though as the older of the two sisters. So much for sister rivalry.
I do feel for her. At the end of their careers, people would say Serena is legendary and Venus is, well...Serena's sister. Maybe it's the Nigerian blood and spirit in me, I don't think I want to get used to taking loses everytime.

2 Likes

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by Easy5265: 11:07am On Sep 01, 2018
iamJ:
Took her man, stole her life now it's her career you are ending

There is God ooo

Meanwhile with all that muscle, she is wearing tutu cheesy be like lion with sheep leg cheesy

Will keep kwayet...stop spreading lies. There's real love and bonding between both siblings.

2 Likes

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by TheLogicalMind(m): 11:11am On Sep 01, 2018
iamJ:

There is God ooo

Meanwhile with all that muscle, she is wearing tutu cheesy be like lion with sheep leg cheesy

Isn't it a little to early in the day to be smoking expired weed?

1 Like

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 01, 2018
MatthewN:
well to me its possible she let her win, remember that family bond is one of the strongest bond ever known to man
Serena is the better player. Venus is riding on her sister fame
Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by MPESA(m): 11:13am On Sep 01, 2018
TheLogicalMind:

Let them say what they want. Venus and Serena are Queens and heroes.

Beautiful words, what a mindset #blood is thicker than water.

1 Like

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by Software98: 11:13am On Sep 01, 2018
Well done sisters
Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by IgandoIkotun(m): 11:13am On Sep 01, 2018
iamJ:

There is God ooo

Savage ��
Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by neolboy(m): 11:20am On Sep 01, 2018
ObaKlaz:
That Venus dey ever win??! Taking L's all the time like it's her birthright.

They met 30times with Serena winning 18times while Venus winning 12times

6 Likes

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by whiteeyes: 11:23am On Sep 01, 2018
manee2:
I can rememba wen dis ladies wer so young and beautiful now look at dia muscles like cashew branch
abeg nairalanders make una no kee peson with laugh oh....chai! Na d muscle tire me buh I like the money she's flowing in... so, she fit reach hulk Hogan level sef or Swash... Arnold

1 Like

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by omar22(m): 11:23am On Sep 01, 2018
According to John McCenroe who said he thought that Venus was going to be a great star when they were kids but their father told him that the younger is very special but lacks the height Venus has.

Yes Venus dominated the early stages of their career but the moment Serena kicked off she didnt look back

I could remember a Wimbledon tournament where Venus beat everyone 6-0 6-1 and everyone thought she will dismantle her kid sister

Serena demolished Venus in a way that everyone thought that she sold the match to her kid sister

1 Like

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by ObaKlaz: 11:23am On Sep 01, 2018
neolboy:

They met 30times with Serena winning 18times while Venus winning 12times
...and overall career accomplishments?

1 Like

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by Chinny024(f): 11:25am On Sep 01, 2018
Am sure they originated from Nigeria...

Research it at your own risk...
Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by mannatech: 11:25am On Sep 01, 2018
ObaKlaz:
That Venus dey ever win??! Taking L's all the time like it's her birthright.
I sure say Na through betting u carry sabi about tennis if not, u no for yarn this kind yarn.

Venus Na super star, legend for tennis word.

She don win this same us open twice, carry Wimbledon 5x.

All the 4 major Grand Slam, she don win am as a doubles player.

Overall, Na 49 Wta tournaments she don excel at.

I know she's not as popular as Serena, but that aside, most female tennis just carry top ranking for head, but can't achieve what she has

5 Likes

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by Laple0541(m): 11:29am On Sep 01, 2018
1Sharon:

Both of them were never beautiful lipsrsealed

Show your pix so we see how beautiful you are!

3 Likes

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by Seunnzy(m): 11:34am On Sep 01, 2018
iamJ:

There is God ooo

She stole her man.how ?
Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by manee2(m): 11:36am On Sep 01, 2018
Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by gidjah(m): 11:37am On Sep 01, 2018
Humblega:
Even after she gave birth

She still beat venus

They first met in grand slam 20yrs ago......

2 decades after both are still meeting.....

Great family....doing wonder yea yea you recall that right ? Its always amazing to watch the! Two meet ,they always have been amazing .love them so much.they are !y most favorite sport personalities .But I think it's time they both give it up on the lawn game,time is already ticking on them,they have also lost so much energy that can not be recouped again

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by manee2(m): 11:38am On Sep 01, 2018
1Sharon:

.. I'll i'll slap ur conscience. Sharon

2 Likes

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by Sinach0191(m): 11:53am On Sep 01, 2018
congrats but I think she should goan rest.
Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by ofuonyebi: 11:56am On Sep 01, 2018
These two (2) Sisters continue to rule and amaze the whole world even with their age!

i think their parents must be one of the luckies in the world today..

A lesson for those parents who refuse to take care or train their female child...now it is clear the many female child

has value, honour, integrity and of greater substance their those male children who are drug addict, robbers, kidnappers, cultists etc

GOD bless the SERENAS and their family...the world is proud of their exploits in the TENNIS WORLD!

2 Likes

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by Amebo9jablog(m): 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2018
Omo no sister or family for game oh... She for mercy for her make she win at least once biko!

Visit for more:: https://amebo9ja.com/serena-williams-defeats-sister-venus-at-us-open-2018/

1 Like

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by MissWrite(f): 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2018
mannatech:

I sure say Na through betting u carry sabi about tennis if not, u no for yarn this kind yarn.

Venus Na super star, legend for tennis word.

She don win this same us open twice, carry Wimbledon 5x.

All the 4 major Grand Slam, she don win am as a doubles player.

Overall, Na 49 Wta tournaments she don excel at.

I know she's not as popular as Serena, but that aside, most female tennis just carry top ranking for head, but can't achieve what she has

Thank you. smiley

It's so easy to overlook what Venus has done because Serena has completely dominated two decades in the world of tennis. But from all active players, Venus still has the second largest collection of grand slams, behind her sister's 23 and before MaSha's 5. She's played her sister 16 times in grand slam finals! It's just so unfortunate for Venus, Saharapova and Azarenka that they came out in the Serena era. Through all of this, Venus has stayed graceful; celebrating her sister's wins even when they've come at her expense. They are both champions.

I wish Serena all the best; I hope snags this one. But.............there's still ways to go.

4 Likes

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by Horus(m): 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFBSALNlh8E

Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus - US Open 2018
Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by Mistadora01(m): 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2018
Who follow me see Venus Nipples
Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by OyinbowithaTan(m): 1:46pm On Sep 01, 2018
That was a dominant performance.
Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by 1Sharon(f): 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2018
manee2:
.. I'll i'll slap ur conscience. Sharon

Oya na
Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by AnunuebeAgbawo7: 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2018
1Sharon:

Depends on your definition of BEAUTIFUL

1 Like

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by AnunuebeAgbawo7: 3:07pm On Sep 01, 2018
Mistadora01:
Who follow me see Venus Nipples

Just imagine!! grin
Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2018
very Ugly creatures shocked
Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Beats Sister Venus To Reach Fourth Round by DanielsParker(m): 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2018
1Sharon:

Her husband doesn't think so. Success beats everything, she's successful

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 FIFA Beach Soccer: Brazil Defeats Nigeria 12 - 2 In Paraguay / Nigeria Gets $500,000 CAF Grant For 2018 World Cup / Football: World Muslim 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.