Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Sources Of Joy: The Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sources Of Joy: The Holy Spirit (497 Views)

Pastor Anselm Madubuko's Mother-In-Law Sheds Tears Of Joy As She Gets A Car Gift / Dreams And Sources Of Dreams Explained / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sources Of Joy: The Holy Spirit by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:52am On Sep 01, 2018
Sources Of Joy: The Holy Spirit

In John 7:38–39, Jesus said: 

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive...

So, the Holy Spirit is God’s great provision for a life of endless joy.

He is the river in the midst of the tabernacle, releasing forces of joy which keep you rejoicing in spite of circumstances or situations around you.

He intoxicates with joy.

The Bible likens the different dimensions of the Holy Ghost encounters in the life of a man to increasing levels of the river of life, until it becomes waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over (Ezekiel. 47:1–5).

That reveals to you what the flow of joy in a man's life is like.

It takes being drunk in the Holy Ghost to flow in the fountain of joy, as He represents the river of joy that flows in the midst of the tabernacle.

The outpouring of the Spirit of God, among other things, has an intoxicating effect on the saint.

In Acts 2, when the Holy Ghost came upon the disciples in the upper room, they spoke in other tongues, declaring the mysteries and wonderful works of God.

Some people thought they were drunken with wine, but Peter answered them, saying:

For these are not drunken, as ye suppose...But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:

and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: Acts 2:15–17

That intoxicating fountain of joy was what was at work in Paul and Silas when they were thrown into the prison.

Though they were bound hand and foot, they began singing praises aloud to God, until He came down in an earthquake and their chains were broken

Romans 14:17 also says:  

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 

True joy is guaranteed only by the Holy Ghost. He is also called the oil of gladness in Psalm 45:7 and Isaiah 61:3.

I see that fresh oil coming upon you from now on, to make you glad all the days of your life.

The Holy Ghost gives the believer a refreshing that cannot be dammed, by helping him to see the goodness of God, even in very adverse situations.

He is to the believer a reservoir of joy.

That is why the Bible says:
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Ephesians 5:18–20

Being drunk with the Spirit generates a special order of joy which springs up endless melodies in your heart.

The Bible says "wine maketh merry", that is exactly how the Holy Spirit injects the oil of gladness into your life and intoxicates you with joy.

Life can be very exciting, if only you will allow the Holy Spirit carry out His sweetening ministry in your life.

He will always open your eyes to see the humourous side of every situation you are faced with.

Note that the fountain of joy is the Holy Spirit, but He has streams which are like tributaries or offshoots of a river.

They also are forces through which the Spirit generates joy in the life of the believer.

Hallelujah. To be continued...

David Oyedepo

A Sinner's Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

I C M...

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

Contact Us, +2348126401351

Happy New Month!!!

Jesus is Lord!

1 Like

Re: Sources Of Joy: The Holy Spirit by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 10:01pm On Sep 01, 2018
review...

(1) (Reply)

How Many Remember This Book?? / Why Did God Make Meat Delicious? / Five Things Jesus Christ Paid For Mankind For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.