Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,116 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC (10803 Views)

INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration / No Extension Of Elections In Niger State, Says INEC / No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by Donspicey: 7:52am On Sep 01, 2018
Most Pple 4rm SS/SE Won't Get Dia Voters Cards,,datz Apc Tactics Of Rigging,,,if You Knw,u Knw

1 Like

Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by Tundeobama(m): 8:04am On Sep 01, 2018
Donspicey:
Most Pple 4rm SS/SE Won't Get Dia Voters Cards,,datz Apc Tactics Of Rigging,,,if You Knw,u Knw
biggest lie was the population of se andss combine to west??
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by contigiency(m): 8:09am On Sep 01, 2018
I totally concur with INEC on this one. Even if you extend it till next year many people will still look the other way while the serious minded once are busy getting their own. They are only active in social media, reading opinions of different people and conducting irrelevant polls just to make uneccesary noise, wishing to have the best leadership from Eldorado and not the one that will emerge from their active participation on the polling stations.

And it appears the empty noise is common from the so called acclaimed educated, polished and informed ethnic regions in the country given by the number of registered voters per region.
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by Auladimeji(m): 8:17am On Sep 01, 2018
Lisaint:
To get the registered as never been easy for the past 2weeks have been going to Inec office at alimisho local government ikotun

It has always been
Corruption
Corruption
Corruption

The question is why can't Inec make this thing as easy as jamb registration?
After all it deals with almost the same process?
Biometrics and capturing

The arrongance of all this inec staff no be here

It a man no man thing

The only reason why people are registering for pvc is just because it the only valid national means of identification

Just in case you need to process an official document

National � card is nothing to write home about
International passport is expensive
Voters card no easy

This country is a shithole
I registered because of any official processing of documents not to vote for one nonentity
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by udemzyudex(m): 8:17am On Sep 01, 2018
GogetterMD:
People would have an entire year to perform an exercise, but would rather wait till the last day and be struggling with the deadline angry

I'm sometimes also guilty sha grin

I won't blame some of them, the people INEC employ to carry out the registration are the ones making things difficult.
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by Donspicey: 8:18am On Sep 01, 2018
Tundeobama:

You Ve Said It Already,,,,even D Pdp Ruling States Re Also Finding It Difficult To Register,,wat Wud U Say Abt Dat??
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by sanerugwei: 8:37am On Sep 01, 2018
Tundeobama:

you appear to be the one lying to yourself.
Do you know the population of South easterners in Lagos alone, not to talk of places like Kano and rest.
Now compare it with population of aboki in other regions.
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by trappatoni(m): 9:06am On Sep 01, 2018
akelicious:
As the Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) ended yesterday, after an earlier extension to enable more eligible voters partake in the exercise, the electoral body has insisted that there would be no further shift in the deadline of the process.

The Commission, however, said the exercise would continue after next year’s general elections.

According to Mr. Rotimi Oyekanmi, Chief Press Secretary (CPS) to INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, this is due to the time required to, among other things, undertake all the backend activities needed to produce the PVCs.

He said those who were unable to register during the period and even despite the extension, would have to wait until after next year’s general elections when the CVR would resume, adding that the Commission has registered 13.6 million new voters since April last year, when the process started.
“It was in the Commission’s bid to enable as many Nigerians as possible obtain their PVCs that the Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) exercise was launched on April 27, 2017.
“It was the first time in the history of the Commission that the CVR would be implemented on a truly continuous basis, as envisaged under the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended). Before now, INEC carried out voter registration only at particular periods,” he told The Guardian.
On allegations that some prospective registrants had to tip INEC staff to get registered at all or fast-track the process, Oyekanmi said: “The CVR is free of charge and Nigerians are not required to tip INEC staff members. Anytime we receive reports of this nature, we investigate. If any staff member is found culpable, sanctions will be applied.
“I must say that in some of the cases that we investigated, it turned out that those collecting money were not INEC workers, but touts who cashed in on the situation to make quick money for themselves. Some of them have been arrested and handed over to the Police.
“However, I want Nigerians to also know that INEC has very hardworking workers who are putting in a lot of efforts to ensure that the Commission achieves its objectives. They are often unsung, but without them, the Commission cannot achieve anything.”
There was a further upsurge of eligible voters seeking registration during the last week in many centres across the country.
In virtually all the centres, the crowd was unprecedented, with many looking forlorn, as it dawned on them that they might not be registered and hence not be able to vote in the coming elections. Some of them vented their frustrations on INEC officials, who they blamed for their inability to get registered.
But Oyekanmi attributed the recent upsurge in the number of people turning up at the registration centres to the rush to beat the August 31 deadline for the Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) exercise.
On collection of PVCs, he said that is not a problem at all our centres, compared to those seeking to register, adding: “If you go to the right centre, your PVC will be waiting for you. But if you go to the wrong centre, you will not be able to get your PVC.”
Although, the collection of PVCs continues until one week to next year’s general elections, he, however, urged registered voters yet to collect their PVCs not to wait until the deadline draws close, as experienced during the CVR, before they do so, saying the earlier, the better.
He disclosed that the Commission was intensifying efforts to sensitise Nigerians on the need for those who have registered, but yet to collect their PVCs to do so, working in partnership with major stakeholders, including civil society organisations, religious bodies and leaders and the traditional rulers, just as he said all registration centres were also making PVCs available for collection.
He added: “Nigerians can also check their status on our website via http://voterreg.inecnigeria.org and follow the instructions.
Alternatively, they can check by sending an SMS in the following format- State, Last Name and Voter Identification Number (VIN) to 0817 164 6879. They will receive a response within 20 minutes.

More at http://www.akelicious.net/2018/09/voter-registration-there-will-be-no.html
I dont want again! Useless people
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by SoNature(m): 9:22am On Sep 01, 2018
MicroSweet:
Hundreds of eligible voters are yet to register for PVC. Even if it's extended to December, some people would still wait till 'rush hour'[b][/b].

Very true.

Nigerians are the most senseless people I have ever seen
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by Kaycee9242(m): 9:44am On Sep 01, 2018
How na? Wen I never register? Dy are joking
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by ehmmy11(m): 10:39am On Sep 01, 2018
You can end it all you like .Rubbish!! ...this place is really funny
Do you know that citizens of Nigeria qualify for the pvc everyday what happens to them?? Why can't they have an office where you can walk in at any time and register... What a dump sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by Reeoman: 11:09am On Sep 01, 2018
as in the INEC people are just senseless. or is it the state I live in ni? When u know u are going to a particular area to register people no matter how small d settlement might be. you go with at least 4 machine. What did they bring? just one old low and PC and one stupid fingerprints scanner that won't accept your print unless you put the whole of ur strength in it.. Just one PC for a settlement that occupy up to a thousand people
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by Fourwinds: 11:10am On Sep 01, 2018
keryj:
hope you registered
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by MYHUBBY: 11:12am On Sep 01, 2018
I pray inec extend it o. I need to get my PVC registered but I have a question here pls. can an aspirant of a political post register outside of his state he's aspiring to be elected

that was my reason for not registering since. political elites here should please enlighten me
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by xcelentattitude(m): 11:21am On Sep 01, 2018
emeritus710:
BE INFORMED!!!

This is the total number of eligible voters in each Six Geopolitical
Zone in Nigeria by INEC

SOUTH EAST:
Abia 1,481,191
Anambra 1,758,220
Enugu 1,301,185
Imo 1,611,715
Ebonyi 876,249
TOTAL = 7,028,560
------------------------------------------------------------------
SOUTH WEST:
Lagos 6,247,845
Ogun 1,869,326
Osun 1,293,967
Ondo 1,558,975
Ekiti 750,753
Oyo 2,577,490
TOTAL=14,298,356
SOUTH SOUTH:
Edo 1,412;225
Delta 1,900,055
Bayelsa 472,389
Akwa Ibom 1,714,781
RIvers 2,419,057
C/Rivers 1,018,550
TOTAL 8,937,057
NORTH CENTRAL:
Benue 1,415,162
Kogi 1,215,405
Kwara 1,115,665
Nassarawa 1,224,206
Niger 721,478
Plateau 1,983,453
TOTAL 7,675,369
NORTH EAST:
Adamawa 1,714,860
Bauchi 1,835,562
Borno 2,730,368
Gombe 1,266,993
Taraba 1,308,106
Yobe 1,182,230
TOTAL 10,038,119
NORTH WEST:
Jigawa 1,852,698
Kano 5,135,415
Katsina 2,931,668
Kaduna 3,565,762
Kebbi 1,603,468
Sokoto 2,065,508
Zamfara 1,746,024
TOTAL 18,900,543.

And where is FCT? So we are not eligible ba?
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by Software98: 11:25am On Sep 01, 2018
Abi now, even me i neva reg at allAbi now, even me i neva reg at allAbi now, even me i neva reg at all
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by Rebuke: 11:47am On Sep 01, 2018
SoNature:

Very true.
Nigerians are the most senseless people I have ever seen

I am glad yhu confessed to be one of d senseless Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by waveman2: 12:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
Why can't we just do this registration thing online like the way it,s done with jamb. 1 machine to register thousand of people with bad attitude of inec officials. And they will still ask for billions for this exercise.

1 Like

Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by SoNature(m): 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2018
Rebuke:

I am glad yhu confessed to be one of d senseless Nigerians.

That's if u can vouch that I am one
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by nkechiasogwa(f): 2:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
You can't close the registration as long as humans exist. Those who turns 18 next year will not be allowed to register right?
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by nkechiasogwa(f): 2:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
nkechiasogwa:
You can't close the registration as long as humans exist. Those who turns 18 next year will not be allowed to register right?
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by mechanics(m): 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2018
Kudos to INEC, i checked my status following the link, and I saw my details, but there are some corrections I need to do.
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by Rockyrascal(m): 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
INEC and their irregularities! Cause I must assure you that so much irregularities marred this registration exercise!

It's obvious that alot of citizens are aware of their right but INEC is denying them that right!

Right from last year, they made it difficult for people to register!

It is the same INEC officials being rotated!
3 machines for mammoth crowd

Out of which one or two will still break down!

Ordinary transfer was a nightmare!

A large number of people put their lives at risk just to register all to no avail!
I have evidences!

It'd obvious that INEC are filled up with APC members! They and their well co-ordinated crime!

These are the WORST INEC OFFICIALS I have ever come across in the history of this country!
you are so right! Do you know that I waited over an hour at the registration centre even with the continual drizzling rain; these are officials who are suppose to be in the registration centre before we the electorates. What is now the essence of declaring a work free day if the INEC officials who are suppose to be incharge of the registration exercise are not punctual.

I was losing patience, the INEC officials were not even on sight. This registration exercise since it started, have flustered a lot of people who came to register for their PVCs and this is not about most Nigerians lackadaisical attitude for late minute interventions.

I hope the registration exercise is extended for I am without a shadow of doubt that majority of persons haven't gotten their PVCs I inclusive...it's such an abashement!

1 Like

Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by Sleekfingers: 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2018
MicroSweet:
Hundreds of eligible voters are yet to register for PVC. Even if it's extended to December, some people would still wait till 'rush hour'.

Millions man. The process is too strenuous. I am talking about in Lagos and ogun state

I heard it is easy in the north and south south.
Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:13pm On Sep 01, 2018
Rockyrascal:
you are so right! Do you know that I waited over an hour at the registration centre even with the continual drizzling rain; these are officials who are suppose to be in the registration centre before we the electorates. What is now the essence of declaring a work free day if the INEC officials who are suppose to be incharge of the registration exercise are not punctual.

I was losing patience, the INEC officials were not even on sight. This registration exercise since it started, have flustered a lot of people who came to register for their PVCs and this is not about most Nigerians lackadaisical attitude for late minute interventions.

I hope the registration exercise is extended for I am without a shadow of doubt that majority of persons haven't gotten their PVCs I inclusive...it's such an abashement!
You are lucky you spend just one hour! Some people slept there!

People came as early as 3:00-4:00am! Just to put down their names!

Someone said she has being coming for the past 7days to no avail!

INEC will be doing a great injustice if it is not extended!!!

2 Likes

Re: Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC by Lisaint(m): 11:40am On Sep 02, 2018
Auladimeji:
I registered because of any official processing of documents not to vote for one nonentity

Yeah your got it bro
This is why majority are registering for the Voter card
Infact that is why am trying to registering also

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance / Plateau Attempted Jail Break: 7 Escapees Re-Arrested / Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.