Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu (2811 Views)

BREAKING: See What Saraki Did While Meeting With Chairmen Of 45 Political Partie / Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges / What Saraki, Dogara, Other Npdp Members Actually Want – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by Ilochukwuka: 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
Daily Post Nigeria

Wale Odunsi Wale Odunsi
4 hours ago

Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu has shared his conversation with the Senate President Bukola Saraki about the 2019 election, President Muhammadu Buhari, the All Progressives Congress (APC) national leader, Bola Tinubu, among others.

Momodu made the revelation on Saturday in an article entitled, “How Saraki plans to defeat Buhari in 2019”.

Momodu said he and Saraki spoke during the Eid El Kabir festival, in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.

He recalled that the presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) expressed confidence that he would defeat Buhari in 2019 and that he dared the president to a debate.

Momodu wrote: “Saraki’s roadmap to victory is simple. Buhari is going to play the usual ethnic card that only a candidate from North West can win a Presidential election in Nigeria. Saraki feels otherwise. He believes that the pro-restructuring crusaders now have an opportunity to make the Presidency available to other Nigerians. He concedes that it may be difficult for any candidate from North West and North East to compete or beat Buhari hands down, despite the fact that PDP parades more experienced politicians and competent aspirants.

“What is then needed is to keep North Central on lockdown with a popular candidate from that zone. With the support of PDP stalwarts from the other two Northern zones, Buhari’s votes would be whittled down to make up the requisite percentages in terms of spread but no more. He believes that it may be a waste of time and resources trying to compete in the President’s traditional enclave other than to strive to get up to 25%. PDP should instead focus on mobilising the forces from the opposite direction and lockdown four out of the six geo-political zones.

“Saraki says he is well-positioned to make this happen. With one leg in the North and another in the South, especially the South West, the people would have a higher stake in the Presidency and this will galvanise more passionate voters. If the PDP presents just anyone, there may be voter apathy and Buhari would coast home to victory. As to where his deputy will come from, it would have to be from the South-East/South-south axis, since he has already covered the South West, technically. Theoretically, this would ignite enthusiasm in that region. He believes the APC has played into his hands somehow by this calculation.

“According to Saraki, the only reason Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has been fighting him is because he wants to take over from Buhari in 2023. “Where does that then leave the Igbo people who have not been able to produce any Vice President or President since Dr Alex Ekwueme in 1979-1983?” In simple Arithmetic “PDP needs a candidate who can block the South West and the South East simultaneously since Buhari will still run with Osinbajo…” This race is getting mathematically interesting and the Saraki option is looking feasible, I thought. However, Saraki said he was only just starting. He said those days are gone when an individual can instruct people to go out and vote as if they have no minds of their own.

“He plans to challenge and tackle Buhari strictly on issues and not pettiness, which he sees to be the current order of the day. He said the world is driven today by knowledge and not by crude force. He said he is better informed on how to resurrect the comatose economy which collapsed because of the over-simplistic and myopic handling of affairs since Buhari took over. “Any student of elementary economics would know that a country can never develop in an atmosphere of obsession for scaremongering, instability, uncertainty, Stone Age policies… Nigeria urgently needs a unifier in deed and not in words… I’m one of the most cosmopolitan leaders around today with every sense of modesty…”

“Saraki is looking forward to a serious debate between him, Buhari and other candidates on every aspect of daily life in Nigeria. “If Buhari likes, he can stay at home and do the debate by Skype or whatever, but moving forward, we must discuss Nigeria publicly…Anyone wanting to lead a country as important as Nigeria in this century must be someone who can ably represent us in the comity of nations and has a grasp of modern ways of life.”

“Saraki says he has matured with time in various offices and his cumulative executive and legislative experiences are almost second to none in the country… ‘You can see this in the way I have conducted the affairs of the Senate, and we are easily the best, but for the occasional and unfortunate distractions from people who see me as serious threat to their personal ambition. They had to feed the President with lies and destroy our relationship. I did all I could to support the government, but I was constantly harassed and treated like a pariah by those desperate to keep a firm grip on Nigeria…’ But he continues to see the positive side of his travails. ‘Perhaps, I would not have declared interest in this race, but they kept pushing me away, demonising me for no reason, but, inadvertently, they made me very popular by their action and some of those who never liked me started pitying me as a victim of oppression.”

Categories: Politics, Top Headlines
Tags: 2019, APC vs PDP, buhari, Dele Momodu, Saraki, Tinubu
DON'T MISS
Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by fvck(m): 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
Lolz

1 Like

Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by JudasNaCarrot: 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
ok
Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by elucydate: 4:59pm On Sep 01, 2018
Where is the sauce?
Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by GavelSlam: 4:59pm On Sep 01, 2018
After you received alert abi?

2 Likes

Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by 360degreess(m): 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2018
lies lies...all i know is that saraki will be disgraced in 2019

4 Likes

Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by fyneguy: 5:05pm On Sep 01, 2018
grin grin@blocking the SW

Eyah, honku Bukky is deluded

2 Likes

Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by psychalade: 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2018
Tales by moonlight grin

1 Like

Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by slivertongue: 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2018
this dele fellow is always running after men of means.

Dele is always seekin relevance at the corridor power

1 Like

Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by EmekaMD(m): 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
Nice trajectory..

Even though I don't like the idea of Saraki leading this country considering his antecedents with the banks he headed, however I don't think anything can be as bad as Buhari leading this country again..

#team anything but Bubu..

3 Likes

Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by fergie001: 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2018
Saraki cannot get that ticket.....but this struck me...
“Saraki is looking forward to a serious debate between him, Buhari and other candidates on every aspect of daily life in Nigeria. “If Buhari likes, he can stay at home and do the debate by Skype or whatever, but moving forward, we must discuss Nigeria publicly…Anyone wanting to lead a country as important as Nigeria in this century must be someone who can ably represent us in the comity of nations and has a grasp of modern ways of life.”

Saraki,Skype?
Sorry nahhhhhhh cry

2 Likes

Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by Aufbauh(m): 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2018
Saraki is a learner. Besides why allow your media hype man to discuss your strategies which should be confidential in the public?

1 Like

Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by ivandragon: 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2018
if PDP presents saraki, they would be soundly beaten...

the 'anyone but GEJ' refrain used in 2015 would not work in 2019.

Nigerians have seen that there are 'worst' leaders than GEJ... ala pmb...

1 Like

Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by otosa(m): 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2018
I don't mind to vote for candidate, in as much he/she going ready to Restructuring my dear beautiful Country, in fact, am ready to campaign for the candidate free of charge.
Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by Basseybruce: 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2018
Yinmu.......

1 Like

Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by Papertrail11(m): 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2018
any reasonable candidate has the potential to win sw se ss nw
todays voting mathematics dosent favour buhari at all

1 Like

Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by shox(m): 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
saraki ko
Seriki ni
Mtcheeeeew
Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by Chikpat(m): 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2018
Saraki for president or Saraki for kirikiri?

1 Like

Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by kmaster007: 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2018
I now see y Davido say Mr dele nah my boy...
Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by seunmsg(m): 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2018
Saraki is seriously deluded. So he thinks Yoruba people will vote for a Saraki/Ekweremadu ticket ahead of a Buhari/Osinbajo ticket? What's that guy smoking?

He also think his candidature can lock down the north central, that is the second biggest joke of his calculation. He can't even lock Kwara state not to talk of kogi, Niger, Nasarawa, and Plateau.

If Dele Momodu's piece truly reflect Saraki's calculation, then I must say he's not a very smart political strategist. Even the south south will vote against a Saraki/south east ticket.
Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by behosgroups2019: 9:18pm On Sep 01, 2018
Most defectors go poo for their nikker come 2019.
Shiti Shiti people them.
Them go dey smell poo poo everywhere they go.
Everybody go dey avoid them.

We all know they are working tirelessly to attempt to remove PMB.
Truth is that the heavyweights in opposition know clearly that removing PMB looks almost impossible but their e-rats and brain-slow hateful supporters keep making noise like it's a done deal.
Let them keep making noise
Let APC keep winning
Good as Fayose don hibernate
Good as Saraki dey fear to reconvene
Good as Tambuwal and Dogara don confuse
Good as Kwankwaso surname don turn to Sai Buhari
Good as Obj their navigator and Atiku no go fit work
Good as Markafi dry complain say strangers wan take over their family (Them been no get father ni?) haha
Good as they are returning to their poo (Jonathan) one after the other.
Good as their supporters are blind to see all this
Good as looting has been frustrated

PMB is a movement

1 Like

Re: APC Vs PDP: What Saraki Told Me About Buhari, Tinubu, 2019 – Dele Momodu by behosgroups2019: 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2018
IF APC is not the answer to our Problems, there is no reason going back to the instigators of the problem.
I'm not a politician but I would do everything not to have PDP in Government in Nigeria.
The greatest tragedy that can befall a nation is for her citizens to suffer collective amnesia. I believe PDP believes Nigerians have short memories, if not, Ibori would not have been included in their convention committee and Jonathan would not have been allowed to talk (He ended up indicting himself as usual anyway).
For those who may have forgotten, kindly joggle your memories with the following words on marble and you will agree with me that what happened in Eagle square on saturday was nothing but gathering of rogues.
Happy reading:

1. I acted based on Jonathan's instruction - Dasuki

2. I didn't give order - Jonathan

3. I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation - Iyorchia Ayu

4. I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m - Bode George

5. I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes - Bafarawa

6. I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office - Thisday Obaigbena.

7. I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity - Dokpesi

8. I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where - Bafarawa.

9. I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others - Yuguda

10. The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates - Dasuki

11. My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN - Dasuki's account officer.

12. I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land. - Nimasa DG.

13. 950m was shared in my house -- Shekarau

With all this looting and many more revealed, some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

But I believe, it is the right thing to do.
If you believe too, send this to other people to garner more support for the fight against corruption and looting in our nation. There must be consequences for such crimes otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

WHERE ARE THE #WAILERS?
"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to the Federation account, and if nothing is done by 2015 upward, Nigeria will know what economic crisis is"
*~ Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi*

"Whoever wins 2015 will NEVER find it easy to govern. Over 30 trillion is mismanaged, unaccounted for or missing under Jonathan."
*~ Prof Charles Soludo*

"Our reserve is depleted and our savings are squandered. Our nation is in trouble."
*~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.*

"For seven months, NNPC did not remit any money into federation account. When I called as a sitting governor and major oil producing state, Deziani Alison Madueke refused to pick my calls."
*~ Godswill Akpabio*

"I told them to save ahead of eventualities but Jonathan had no political will to do so and this is the reason why we are in crisis, because we squandered our boom."
*~ Okonjo Iweala*

"Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi urged us to save but we state Governors refused to save for the unseen future during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, despite warning from economic experts."
*~ Peter Obi*

"Jonathan is a blessed ATM machine that doesn't have secret pin number"
*~ Bala Mohammed*

* Tompolo was paid 13Billion.!
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m.
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m, she has sued the Nigerian state.
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M.
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN.
* Olisa Metuh took 400M.
* Aziboala, GEJ's cousin took 6B naira.
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira.
* Fayose took 3B naira.
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira.
* Olu Falae took 100M naira.
* Tony Anenih - 400M naira.
* Oritsejafor - $35M
* Former Air Chief Amosu - 2Billion naira.
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira.
*Bode-George and Dabo -100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira.
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira.
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b.
* Diezzani with $20 billion missing oil money?
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund, 10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegates of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes , 12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grew wings and disappeared, 20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts, 23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election. The list is endless. They only left what they can't carry or unable to lay their hands on. The list continues.....
Recession didn't just happen, people looted Nigeria into RECESSION happening

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Live On Arise Tv / Moments Dino Malaye Storm Jonathan's Book Launch, Shares Adorable Photos / Photos Of 100s Of Nigerians Who Died Of Starvation Crossing Desert To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.