Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Dreams: A Lesson In Spiritual Warfare - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dreams: A Lesson In Spiritual Warfare (422 Views)

Wet Dreams: A Thorn In My Flesh Going To Two Decades / How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) / Do You Believe In Spiritual Death ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dreams: A Lesson In Spiritual Warfare by chenkov(m): 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
Before I continue,I would like to state categorically that what I am about to put down here is not for atheists,secular people, baby Christians ( who don't appreciate spiritual matters) and immature minds.
If you belong to any of the category listed above then this message may not be for you.
Just ignore it and move on,you will be fine.

It is for those who are spiritually matured and appreciate Spiritual things and want to learn, internalise and apply it in their lives for profitable living.

Now back to the topic.

What is a Dream?

Dream is a state of subconsciousness where man goes about with his soul in motion to book appointments on behalf of his mortal body which is the physical mechanism for carrying out activities.

We have the good dreams and evil dreams.

Sometimes we may have dreams and not remember it or we may not understand the dreams we had and so we let it pass.

We will deal with that later.

Now, the state of evil dream had been the gate through which many people started the journey of disaster and destruction.

Powers of darkness are fully aware of the fact that you cannot be easily captured in your state of full alertness as a result of this they take advantage of the dream state to perform their wicked enterprise.

Six years ago(during my final year in the university), I had two dreams that taught me big lessons I would never forget.
I 'll share them with you one after the other.

Now here it goes:

I just returned home from school to lie down and rest when some guys came to knock at my door.

I opened the door to met them telling me my attention was needed.
They told me a woman was waiting to see me urgently.

I was like "urgently?"
"What's actually the matter?"

So without wasting more time,I followed them to where the woman was waiting.

I saw her,greeted and was looking questioningly at her to tell me what she needed to see me for.

From her looks,she was elderly but has the gait of youth.

She placed her hand on my shoulder and said "My son,there is a battle I want you to fight and believe you can deliver"

I replied "battle?, who am I fighting?"

She smiled and replied "The enemy is very strong and so fierce, are you sure you are ready and prepared for the task?"

My masculine pride kicked in, flexing my bicep muscles and vibrating my chest muscles for effects, I replied " Why not? Show me where the enemy is"

She pointed at a side street with a narrow foot path bordered on both sides by thick green vegetation and told me to follow the footpath to locate the enemy.

I ran off immediately, ready to fight.
Along the path, I found some dwarfs trooping out at me obstructing my way.

I began kicking them off the way angrily till none was left.

I continued my journey.

As I was going farther, I noticed that it was growing darker, as if night was approaching faster than usual.

I suspected nothing.

Then suddenly I came across a Slim and fragile-looking young girl blocking the path with her hands on her waist and her legs spread apart.

Trying to sound polite I said " Please can you leave the way, you can see I am in hurry to get to where I am going "

She replied coldly " Fight me then"

I looked at her condescendingly and laughing derisively I retorted " do you think I came here to fight small girls, who do you take me for?"

I tried brushing her off my path with my left hand and continue my journey.

In a twinkling of an eye, I felt an iron-like grip on my left arm followed by sharp painful jolts.

She was actually twisting my arm to break it off my shoulder.

Aaaaagh!
Damn!

Then it dawned on me how foolish I was.

My carelessness and foolishness has nearly cost my left arm.
I had underrated the Enemy.

Why in God's name did I not see this coming?

I quickly withdrew my arm from her firm grip, staggering back as I did so, wincing in pains as I nursed my left arm.

I became angry not at her but at myself for being so careless and foolish to be so easily caught off guard.

I should have known better.

I stared at her in terror, still trying to recover from the shock of that surprise attack.

I started moving backwards and she seeing how weak I had suddenly become and kept coming closer to finish me off.

She had these murderous look on her face.

I moved back faster to maintain the distance. As I was doing so, I hit my back against a wall that never existed before.

Then it all became clear. No escape route for me.
I had practically walked into the enemy's death trap.

It was a moment of quick decision; either I fight for my dear life or i die cheaply in her hands.

I was losing strength rapidly, I felt helpless and hopeless.

I held my left arm and said what I thought would be my last prayer (it was psalm 23) before she finish me off finally.

I suddenly felt a new burst of energy surge through me, the pain on my left arm was gone.

I moved side ways, she followed then I changed direction quickly she miscalculated.
I capitalised on that and rushed at her, throttled her neck angrily like a wounded Lion.

The struggle continued.

She mustered all her energy to throw me off, I stamped my feet on the ground and stood like a rock.

Seeing that she was losing, she screamed and all of a sudden the dwarfs poured out in great numbers and gather round me kicking my legs and trying to pull my legs off the ground but failed.

I clenched my teeth and tightened my grip on her neck viscously until she disintegrated and scattered into dry bones.

The dwarfs vanished.

The walls vanished.

And saw daylight appearing again.

I ran as fast as my feet could carry from that evil place.

I woke up from the dream.

As I was meditating on that dream, 1 pet 5:8 flashed in my mind , I took up my bible to read.

After which I held my left arm and prayed in the Spirit.

It ended in praise.

To be continued ......

IG: @chenkov_rocks
Twitter: @oguekweechezona
Re: Dreams: A Lesson In Spiritual Warfare by chenkov(m): 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2018
Dreams: The Divine Escape!
================================

The spirit of man conveniently loses touch with spiritual wisdom, if it is not updated daily with the word of God.

As promised, this is a follow up to my previous post with the title "Dreams: A lesson in spiritual warfare".

Now, follow me as I unveil the second part of this series.

Here it goes:

I came back to my room after anchoring a powerful midnight prayer ministration at our normal rendezvous on campus.
It was exactly 1:49 am.
I was too tired to change into my pyjamas, so I just hopped into the bed and drifted off.

I found myself in the dream world.

In that dream, I was lying down on the floor when I heard a knock on the door.
The knock sounded like that of my friend and prayer team member, Paulinus.
I was already used to the way he knocks anytime he comes visiting.

I thought he was the one, as I was about to stand up and open, I heard a voice telling me "don't!".

It was a sharp command.

I ignored it the first time and made a move again, the voice repeated again " don't!"

I laid back on the floor.

The knock came harder ....and ..harder ...

I ignored it.

Then the knock changed into a kick, another kick and on and on like that ...

Then I heard a harsh voice saying " open this door or ....( I couldn't hear the rest of his statement).

Next thing I heard was a loud gunshot (I guessed it was a warning shot to scare me into submission).

I didn't budge.

I started hearing some heavy footsteps, not 1, not 2, not 3 ...

They were many.

Again, I heard another burst of automatic gun fire.

I quickly tapped my room mate.
I whispered in a shaky voice " ken get up, we are in danger".

He got up dived under the bed, brought out a dane gun and was about to stand up.

I held him down and asked him " what are you about to do with that gun?"
Without waiting for an answer, I slapped the gun off his hands rebuking him for making such foolhardy attempt.

I was still onto him when the our room window splintered and scattered over the whole room giving way for bullets to rain into bed and room walls.

We began crawling on the floor and tried finding our way through the emergency door connected to another room in the building.

The door was under lock and key but miraculously opened when we gave it a gentle push and made our escape out of the room.

We entered the adjacent room from there to other rooms along like that as if we were passing through a tunnel.

Along the line, my room mate was no where to be found.
I didn't know how he disappeared.

I was now on my own.

Until I passed through the last door and found myself in a Bush close to our lodge.

I started crawling through the bush until I saw them.

Hiding within the thick vegetation, I began scanning through their faces to see if I could recognize any of my assailants.

I also saw what was left of our room- a pile of burnt down debris of wood, stones,bricks and scattered pieces of furniture.

They were rummaging through the rubbles trying to find a corpse.

I raised my head a bit to have a better look at them only for one of them to tap their leader, whispered into his ears and pointed in my direction.

He had spotted me.

I heard the leader back at his boys
"why did you allow him escape you? Find him! Kill him!"

I took off, ran for my dear life.
I was running like a mad man, without any direction in particular but just to escape from them.

There was heavy gunshots from behind me as I ran.

Tree branches were falling all around me obstructing my path.

I was stumbling and falling, rising up to continue my race.

Bullets where whistling past me in their numbers but where hitting the trees, grasses and the rocks ahead instead of hitting me.

As I ran to a distance, I became a bit tired and wanted to rest as the loud booms from their gun shots had subsided.

Not knowing it was all a trick to make me think I had outrun them.

They were flanking me gradually.

Then the bullets started raining again, this time more intense than before.

I was thrown into panic and confusion.

I later summoned courage, gathered all my strength and leapt from where I was and continued the race.
This time more swift, hitting my feet against any obstacle on the way and getting bruised in the process.

My feet was burning like fire but that was nothing compared to the danger facing me.

I Finally ran into a very big tree,too tired to continue running.
I collapsed by the tree with my back against it.

I closed my eyes expecting the worst to happen.

Then I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder.
I froze in fear.

I looked up and saw a handsome young man smiling at me.

He told me to stand up and follow him.
I told him I have no strength left in me.

He then held out his right hand to me and told me to hold his hand.

I did and He pulled me up.

I thanked him, and tried to explain to him what transpired.
He said I shouldn't bother that He saw everything.

I followed him and we left.
As we were on our way I looked back to see my assailant running in the opposite direction in search of me.

I tapped the young man and pointing in the opposite direction I said " Sir, see them in the opposite direction" and he replied " never mind, keep moving".

That was how I escaped.

I woke up.

I woke up from that dream with my clothes drenched with sweat.

Time was 3:45 am

It was dark, there was power outage, I groped for my phone, turned on the lights.
The window was open, still scared from the dream I had. I quickly shut the window, checked the door again to be sure it was properly locked.

Sat down on the bed wide awake till day broke.

I couldn't speak to anyone.

I was solemn throughout.

I took my bath ,dressed up, ran to the chapel and lay down before the tabernacle for 2 hours.

Watch out for the concluding part of this series.

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Nun Demands Bishop’ S Resignation After Repeatedly Raping Her / Is Freeze Right?. / How Do One Ask For Forgiveness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.