Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,995 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Nigeria To Sign $328m ICT Pact With China As Buhari Arrives Beinjing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Sign $328m ICT Pact With China As Buhari Arrives Beinjing (559 Views)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics / "it wilL never happen'' Fela Durotoye rejects forming a pact with Atiku / 2019: 3rd Force Unites Against APC, PDP, As Agbakoba’s PT Signs Pact With Obj’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Sign $328m ICT Pact With China As Buhari Arrives Beinjing by Trendvoice: 4:59pm On Sep 01, 2018
@NAIRATREND.COM.NG

President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday arrived Beijing to attend the Beijing Summit of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation holding between September 3 and 4.

During the six-day official visit of the Nigerian President, he is expected to join his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping, to witness the signing of an agreement on the National Information and Communication Technology Infrastructure Backbone Phase 11 between Galaxy Backbone Limited and Huawei Technologies Limited (HUAWEI) at the cost of $328m facility provided by the Chinese EXIM Bank.

According to a statement by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the bank facility is for the development of NICTIB 11 project which he said was consistent with the current administration’s commitment to incorporating the development of ICT into national strategic planning under the National Economic Recovery and Growth Plan.

Shehu said the President and his Chinese host would also witness the signing of the MOU on One Belt One Road Initiative.

The presidential spokesman recalled that in 2013, the Chinese leader proposed the initiative of building the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road, with a view to integrating the development strategies of partner countries.

The statement read, “During the High-Level Dialogue between Chinese and African Leaders and Business representatives on the margins of FOCAC, the Nigerian delegation is also expected to sign no fewer than 25 MOUs, including those proposed by the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission , Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation , and Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture.

“Earlier, the President on arrival at Capital International Airport, Beijing at about 9.04 am (Nigerian time), was received by top Chinese government officials including the Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria, Dr Zhou Pingjian.

Nigeria’s Ambassador to China, Baba Ahmed Jidda and his wife Zahra; the Deputy Chief of Mission, Ambassador Bakori Aliyu Usman; Consular-General of Nigeria, Guangzhou, Shairudeen Oloko; Consular-General of Nigeria, Shanghai, Anderson Madubuike; and Defence Attaché, Brig-Gen. Temitope Ademola were also among those who received the President.”

GIST VIA - https://nairatrend.com.ng/nigeria-to-sign-328m-ict-pact-with-china-as-buhari-arrives-beinjing/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Sign $328m ICT Pact With China As Buhari Arrives Beinjing by TechCapon(m): 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2018
We're tired of signing papers. That's how we signed Yuan deal worth billions of dollars till today we haven't seen anything. Let's see impact not pictures and papers.

Re: Nigeria To Sign $328m ICT Pact With China As Buhari Arrives Beinjing by Trendvoice: 5:06pm On Sep 01, 2018
grin
Re: Nigeria To Sign $328m ICT Pact With China As Buhari Arrives Beinjing by Corrinthians(m): 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2018
Reno and Fayose, over to you guys. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Sign $328m ICT Pact With China As Buhari Arrives Beinjing by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2018
Return of the Mack for real. I hope Buhari will negotiate a deal for Innoson to supply buses to China. We need the foreign exchange.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Sign $328m ICT Pact With China As Buhari Arrives Beinjing by Aufbauh(m): 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2018
I predict a gloom and boom for Nigeria in the first and second year of Buhari's reelection cuz the foundation look solid.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Sign $328m ICT Pact With China As Buhari Arrives Beinjing by CodeTemplar: 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2018
Nigerians and pact signing. When is a smaller country going to sign a pact with Nigeria and announce it to her citizens with delight?
Re: Nigeria To Sign $328m ICT Pact With China As Buhari Arrives Beinjing by CodeTemplar: 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2018
The main pact we need to know of is the one some of our people signed with the devil. Though the one I signed with God is greater.
Re: Nigeria To Sign $328m ICT Pact With China As Buhari Arrives Beinjing by Sarkin: 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2018
Makes me think of how lifeless Jonathan was.

Shame on PDP.

If Buhari should even suspend the constitution I'll still vote him in 2023 of possible.

If Buhari should become a ruthless tyrant I'll still vote him, come 2019

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Sign $328m ICT Pact With China As Buhari Arrives Beinjing by Trendvoice: 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2018
shocked
Sarkin:
Makes me think of how lifeless Jonathan was.

Shame on PDP.

If Buhari should even suspend the constitution I'll still vote him in 2023 of possible.

If Buhari should become a ruthless tyrant I'll still vote him, come 2019

Re: Nigeria To Sign $328m ICT Pact With China As Buhari Arrives Beinjing by pelicanbeau(f): 12:29am On Sep 02, 2018
Good
Re: Nigeria To Sign $328m ICT Pact With China As Buhari Arrives Beinjing by Trendvoice: 7:26am On Sep 02, 2018
Cc; lalasticlala mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Winner Of Osun State Governorship Election 2018 / RESTRUCTURING: Osinbajo Publicly Writes Atiku Via Premiumtimes / Bukola Saraki Celebrates His Wife On Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.