Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? (861 Views)

Don't Marry An Unbeliever / What Is The Gospel And Who Is The First Unbeliever? / "Not Even As An Unbeliever Will My Husband Rape Someone" Mrs Fatoyinbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by spartan117(m): 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2018
Christians have been given a ministry of reconciliation on earth, the primary responsibility of every believer on earth is soul winning and kingdom advancement.

However there appears to be a 'disconnect' between the Christians and the unbelievers whom we seek to win over to the body of Christ.

The disconnect refered to earlier arises primarily when the unbelievers are asked to belief in an unseen deity.

Who does that
That sounds completely foolish undecided
Are you mentally okay?

These are common responses many Christians get from the aforementioned statement.

Hence,this thread attempts to bridge this divide and explain in simple terms the process of getting saved and also explain what faith is.
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by spartan117(m): 9:49pm On Sep 01, 2018
Someone posed a valid question in another thread
CAPSLOCKED:

WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE IN YOUR GOD AND WHATEVER TRUTH YOU CLAIM..
WHY CAN'T YOU BELIEVE IN MY OWN GOD CTHULHU? AND READ THE HOLY BOOK OF HULHU?

The fact that I may not belief that planet mars exists doesn't change its existence.

To convince me of its existence I have to see it first otherwise anyone can bring up balderdash and present it as truth.

This is where faith comes in,faith is the substance of things hoped for, it's the evidence of things unseen.

But then again faith is not of this sensual world we live in and access through our five senses, the dimension of faith, some people call it the 4th dimension is a different and more vast world than our sensual realm,our sensual world was as a matter of fact created from the faith world/dimension.the scripture below confirms that.

Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Now that we know that the evidence of the existence of God lies in the faith dimension, the question is:
how can I belief something that lies beyond my mental capacity?
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by spartan117(m): 10:47pm On Sep 01, 2018
First of all we must understand this: Christians have been given the ministry of reconciliation, however the job of the Christian is to preach the gospel only,the work of convincing or as the Bible will put it convicting of hearts is that of the holy spirit.

John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

He can appear to you like a bright blinding light and speak to you with voice like thunder as he did with apostle Paul.if he does it's a very nice experience, however he rarely operates that way.

Instead, he will most of the time actually speak to you in a still, yet forceful voice! After hearing the word of God preached to you by someone you may be tired and angry at the person at that very moment the spirit will most likely not speak to you, but when you get home and are relaxed he will certainly come to you, it might just be a feeling of uneasiness about nothing in particular or a 'sudden awareness' of a void in your life that needs to be filled,or maybe the message you earlier heard is reenforced on TV or some other means; that's the spirit communicating with you brother!! At that moment do not resist, accept him and he will take you to the dimension of faith where the evidence of God's existence lies.

A classic example is that of a popular American preacher who just meets strangers on the street and all he does is ask them a simple question: are you saved?
They may insult or abuse him, but they won't sleep well that night without answering that question! Many reported feeling very uneasy and restless after being asked that question, some even had to call in at midnight in order to be led to Christ!!!
That's the power of the holy spirit in operation!!!
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by spartan117(m): 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
However there are some that may need a sign or a miracle to belief. Please note that the miracle is not the evidence of God's existence!
The evidence of God's existence lies in the faith dimension as we earlier established, the miracle is rather a pointer or a sign to those who don't belief, it is still the holy spirit that reproofs their hearts and takes them to the faith dimension where the evidence lies.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Without the holy spirit the miracles won't lead anyone to salvation, that was why the people during the time of Jesus still didn't belief he was the Messiah even after the numerous miracles, it wasn't until the holy spirit came on Pentecost that they really believed.

side note to Christians: this is why Christians cannot afford to just attend church and listen to a 'nice' sermon and go home.in every gathering miracles must take place, the blind must see,the lame must walk,devils must be cast out just like Jesus Christ did in his meetings
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by spartan117(m): 11:32pm On Sep 01, 2018
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by spartan117(m): 6:50am On Sep 02, 2018
Cc
Lalasticlala
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by MaziOmenuko: 6:58am On Sep 02, 2018
spartan117:

Why don't you want to have same faith and believe in CTHULHU? The holy book of hulhu explains that he who lacks faith cannot please Cthulhu. Why do you not believe in CTHULHU?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by Anas09: 8:09am On Sep 02, 2018
spartan117:

Christians have been given a ministry of reconciliation on earth, the primary responsibility of every believer on earth is soul winning and kingdom advancement.

However there appears to be a 'disconnect' between the Christians and the unbelievers whom we seek to win over to the body of Christ.

The disconnect refered to earlier arises primarily when the unbelievers are asked to belief in an unseen deity
There's actually no disconnect between us the Christians and the unbelievers, as we are recording astounding results in the harvest fields. There's only going to be a disconnect if you talk to an unbeliever about Jesus when you have not first talked to Jesus about that unbeliever. The power of conviction is not given to you, it remains the Master's prerogative to draw to Himself whom he chooses. And, in our Kingdom things are opposite of what they are in the Kingdom controlled by senses. In our Kingdom, you believe before you see, not the other way round. When an unbeliever is convicted believing follows naturally, then he'd see. The things he had previously seen and made no sense out of, becomes alive and begins to speak to him.

spartan117:

Who does that
Are you mentally okay?
I did. And, many more are still doing. You need to see how they practically run to altar when an Altar Call is made. And believe me, these are very sane folk. Saner than many folks you know.
spartan117:

These are common responses many Christians get from the aforementioned statement.
This your statement is wrong on all counts, as i have never encountered one person in the field who has ever challenged me to show him or her Jesus. And, i am active in the field and i belong to the Callers Squad in my Assembly. Yesterday alone, if i didn't called souls that were Harvested during the week, i called 100, not one asked me that question. their responses were, 'I'll be there, or, oh, i will be going to my own Church', or Oh i had to travel out of Town, but will attend church here.
Question is, Where are all the atheists in real life? I go out for Outreaches with the mindset prepared to encounter and atheist, so far, none. What is going on folks?

spartan117:

Hence,this thread attempts to bridge this divide and explain in simple terms the process of getting saved and also explain what faith is.
There's no gab to bridge. Jesus has bridged the gab since 2000+ years ago. All He says we shd do is occupy till I come. Not all believed Him while He was in the flesh, not all will believe Him now that He is still here in Spirit.
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by HappyPagan: 8:25am On Sep 02, 2018
spartan117:

The disconnect refered to earlier arises primarily when the unbelievers are asked to belief in an unseen deity.

Who does that
Are you mentally okay?
Let's be honest, you're not mentally okay.

How can you believe a virgin gave birth to God's son?
That the baby died for your sins?
That believing this simple story saves from an oven that will burn you forever after you die?

How can one who holds such beliefs claim to be mentally okay?

Faith is self-induced hypnosis. Reason is the security official standing guard at the gates of the mind; faith is a toxin that puts him to sleep, a sly pretence to knowledge.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by Anas09: 8:28am On Sep 02, 2018
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by spartan117(m): 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2018
Anas09:

There's actually no disconnect between us the Christians and the unbelievers, as we are recording astounding results in the harvest fields. There's only going to be a disconnect if you talk to an unbeliever about Jesus when you have not first talked to Jesus about that unbeliever. The power of conviction is not given to you, it remains the Master's prerogative to draw to Himself whom he chooses. And, in our Kingdom things are opposite of what they are in the Kingdom controlled by senses. In our Kingdom, you believe before you see, not the other way round. When an unbeliever is convicted believing follows naturally, then he'd see. The things he had previously seen and made no sense out of, becomes alive and begins to speak to him.

I did. And, many more are still doing. You need to see how they practically run to altar when an Altar Call is made. And believe me, these are very sane folk. Saner than many folks you know.

This your statement is wrong on all counts, as i have never encountered one person in the field who has ever challenged me to show him or her Jesus. And, i am active in the field and i belong to the Callers Squad in my Assembly. Yesterday alone, if i didn't called souls that were Harvested during the week reminding them of today's service, I called 100, not one asked me that question. their responses were, 'I'll be there, or, oh, i will be going to my Church', or Oh i had to travel out of Town, but will attend church here.
Question is, Where are all the atheists in real life? I go out for Outreaches with the mindset prepared to encounter and atheist, so far, none. What is going on folks?

There's no gab to bridge. Jesus has bridged the gab since 2000+ years ago. All He says we shd do is occupy till I come. Not all believed Him while He was in the flesh, not all will believe Him now that He is still here in Spirit.
These are not generalistic statements.Try to understand the context in which I made these statements before commenting.
God bless you
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by Anas09: 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2018
HappyPagan:

Let's be honest, you're not mentally okay.

How can you believe a virgin gave birth to God's son?
That the baby died for your sins?
That believing this simple story saves from an oven that will burn you forever after you die?

How can one who holds such beliefs claim to be mentally okay?

Faith is self-induced hypnosis. Reason is the security official standing guard at the gates of the mind; faith is a toxin that puts him to sleep, a sly pretence to knowledge.
Here he is again donating his mouth for demons to speak through. hahahsahahaha
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by Anas09: 8:19pm On Sep 02, 2018
spartan117:

These are not generalistic statements.Try to understand the context in which I made these statements before commenting.
God bless you
What do you mean by "generalistic statement?" I thought you addressed every believer reaching out to every unbeliever? Which one come be generalistic again?
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by spartan117(m): 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2018
Anas09:

What do you mean by "generalistic statement?" I thought you addressed every believer reaching out to every unbeliever? Which one come be generalistic again?
Your contribution is noted wink
Good night sir and God bless.
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by Anas09: 9:34pm On Sep 02, 2018
spartan117:

Your contribution is noted wink
Good night sir and God bless.
Why do you want your thread dead nah. Let's talk.
What do you mean? What do you refer as a disconnect? If you run me off again, i may have to pass off your thread next time.
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by spartan117(m): 9:57pm On Sep 10, 2018
Anas09:

Why do you want your thread dead nah. Let's talk.
What do you mean? What do you refer as a disconnect? If you run me off again, i may have to pass off your thread next time.
The opening part of the thread was written from the point of view of an unbeliever who wants to know God,hence the title:"The dilemma of an unbeliever; how can I belief in something unseen?"

Then the thread talked a little about the dimension of faith.the thread then went on to painstakingly describe in graphic detail the important work of the holy spirit in the salvation of souls which is the primary focus of this thread. The thread also talked on the importance of miracles, signs and wonders in the ministry of reconciliation.

This was why I initially asked you to carefully read through the thread and try to understand the context in which each part of it was written.
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by spartan117(m): 11:17am On Oct 01, 2018
any unbeliever seeking to know Christ should come here smiley
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by LordReed(m): 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2018
The question is not the unseen part, it is untested, untestable and without evidence. It explains nothing about the world we know without raising significant questions in return.
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by doubledx9ja(m): 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2018
spartan117:

Who does that
Are you mentally okay?

Faith!

Romans 10:17
Re: The Dilenma Of The Unbeliever: How Can I Belief In Something Unseen? by spartan117(m): 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2018
doubledx9ja:

Faith!

Romans 10:17
yes brother faith is d key.

the holy spirit is the only person that can make a man to belief in God , the Bible says he will guide us into all truth.

hence this thread focuses on the work of the holy spirit in the salvation of a soul.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Without The Blood of Jesus Your Sins Remain. See Why... / What Should Christians Who Endorse Gay Sex And Say It's Normal Be Called? / Shocking Photos: Pastor Strangles A Woman In Church As Congregation Watch On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.