Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:34 PM

A Throw Back To My Few Achievements As An Undergraduate In Unizik (2013 - 2018) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Throw Back To My Few Achievements As An Undergraduate In Unizik (2013 - 2018) (1165 Views)

Wole Adedoyin’s Achievements As Pro (south) From 2017-2019 Under Denja / Those Who Live In Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones / 2017-2018 Chatbox (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Throw Back To My Few Achievements As An Undergraduate In Unizik (2013 - 2018) by IzunnaOkafor(m): 11:58pm On Sep 01, 2018
Written By Izunna Okafor

■ In December 2013, I released my second novel (The Curse of A Widow)

■ Towards the Guage of 2014, I Published my third Novel (The Faithful Children)

● That same year, Anglican Diocese of Awka approved my second and third novels to be sold in the mission secondary schools across the entire diocese.

● I started attending writers conference/workshops and building myself in writing.

● In 2015, I released my fourth novel and my first Igbo novel (Ajọ Enyi)

● In June 2015, my fourth novel (Ajọ Enyi) won the Pita Nwana Prize For Igbo Literature, making me the first and only person to have won that prize till date.

● The same June 2015, my third novel (The Faithful Children) received Outstanding Recognition in the Ezenwa Ohaeto Prize For Young Nigerian Novelists.

● That same 2015, I received my first official appointment as the Coordinator of the Society of Young Nigerian Writers (Anambra Chapter) as well as the National Auditor of the SYNW

● That year, I was also made the ambassador of Read Across Nigeria, as well as the Coordinator of the RAN in Anambra State.

● That 2015, I was nominated for the Nigerian Writers Award as Indigenous Writer of The Year

● That year, I was also nominated as the NWA/Young Writer of the Year 2015.

● In February 2016, with my fourth novel (Ajọ Enyi), I won the Nigerian Writers Award as the Indigenous Writer of the Year. The event took place at the Terra Kulture Hotel, Lagos. Hausa, Yoruba and other people who write in various indigenous languages in Nigeria were on the list, but mine won them all. And since then, no Nigerian has won that prize till date.

http://nwaward.com/2016/03/12/2015-nwa-winners/

● That year, I was equally shortlisted as the Young Writer of The Year 2016

● On May 2016, Nigerian Voice (www.thenigerianvoice.com) published my first article (titled: Our Governments Have Failed Us)

https://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/217978/our-governments-have-failed-us.html

This was later published by over 20 websites and online media.

● That year, I went fully into advocating and promoting Igbo Language and Culture (Igbo Language and Cultural Activism)

● That year, I also published my second article online (titled: Say No To Igbo Extinction) which was then published by more than 40 media houses, including Daily Trust, and the popular Pengician (www.pengician.com) which is the African No. 1 online portal.

● That year, I published my first poem (Our Pen).

● That year, I eventually ended up publishing more eight articles.

● That year, as the National body approved, I organized my first state-wide program in Anambra State, which took place at the Anambra State Central Library, Awka, in honour of Dr. Wale Okediran (a famous Nigerian Writer). This was proudly covered by the Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS). Thanks to Mr. Eze Onwuji (musicman) and the Ag. Director of the Anambra State Central E-Library.

● From the academic page, that year, 2015, I was honoured with an Award of Excellence by the National Association of Public Administration Students (Unizik), for my Outstanding Academic Excellence.

● That year, I also completed my Diploma programme in Unizik, and acquired my OND in Public Administration.

● That same year, I won the SLAM Youths Hero International Award 2016 as the Innovative Youth of the Year, beating my closest Ethiopia rivalry.

● That year, I received Merit Award from The Society of Young Nigerian Writers (2016).

● That year, I was nominated for the Starlett Award as the Best Creative Writer of The Year 2016

● That same, I was nominated for the Anambra Exclusive Youths Choice Award (AEYCA) as the Best Youth Writer of The Year 2016. AEYCA is regarded as the highest youths award in Anambra state.

● That year, with the help of my members and executives, I initiated and held one of the greatest writers events in Anambra State in Memory of Late Prof. Chinua Achebe, which drew close to 1000 participants, including writers from Zimbabwe, USA and Mexico. It also took place at the same Anambra State Central E-Library, Awka, and drew top government functionaries. Thanks to Chidiebere Ojiego.

● That same year, I was invited to speak to over 2000 students in a seminar in Awka.

● That year, I also became the Editor-in-Chief of the Chinua Achebe Poetry/Essay Anthology/Magazine.

● That year, I was also nominated for the Future Award Africa, which the highest Youth Award in the entire African Continent. I was nominated for African Prize for Education, and was warmly welcomed to the event place (Eko Hotel, Lagos Island) by former Governor Peter Obi, former minister of Education (Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili) and the current president of Ghana Nana Akufo-Addo, (then president-elect).

● That year, I was also honoured with Certificate of Award from RAN, likewise numerous other certificates of award, participation and achievement which I also received that year.

● That year, I started pursuing my Degree in Unizik, having completed my OND in that same school and been admitted as a direct entry student.

● That year, I was made an Ambassador of the TFA in Nigeria.

● That year, my fourth (Igbo) novel was recognized as the LiteraNation Indigenous Book of The Month of December 2016.

● That year, I was featured in Tadio/TV program called Creative Forum, anchored by the Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS). Thanks to Mr. Eze Onwuji.

● On 16th December 2016, I wrapped the year up by winning the highly coveted Nigerian Heritage Icon Award as the Best Young Writer of The Year 2016 Federal Republic of Nigeria.

● On 9th June 2017, I won the Inspire Award as the Outstanding Youths in Academics

● On 23rd June of that same year, I was honoured with award by the National Association of Public Administration Students (NAPAS) as the Academic Icon of The Year 2017

● On 30th June that same year, I was honoured with Award of Recognition from the Students Union Government (Nnamdi Azikiwe University)

● By that year, I had been published in over hundred websites across the globe.

● That same year 2017, I won the Outstanding Youth of The Year in Anambra State (by AEYCA 2017).

● That same year, I published my first short story (The African Blood), and also penned the "Educated Illiterate".

● That year, I was employed as a journalist, working with the Anambra Newspaper Printing Corporation, the Publishers of National Light Newspaper (www.nationallightngr.com); Ka Ọ Dị Taa (www.kaoditaa.com) and the National Light Sports Extra.

● That year, as an Igbo Language Activist, I also started writing for the popular online "Igbo Radio" (www.igboradio.com) which has its headquarter in Canada.

● That year, with the help of my excos and members of the Society of Young Nigerian Writers, I also held the same Chinua Achebe writers' programme in a greater momentum. Special thanks to Chidiebere Ojiego, Ezinne Anaekwe, Mr. Eze Onwuji and Sir Chuka Nnabuife.

● That year, I was nominated for the Campus Writer/Jounalist of The Year 2017

● That year, I emerged a strong contender in the Unizik Spelling Bee 2017.

● That same year, I held a one-day seminar for the entire students of my Alma Mata (C.S.S. Ebenator) with one of my former classmates, Comrade Thankgod Akam, who is also the current President of Faculty of Social Science Students Association (FOSSA Unizik).

● That same year, I was shortlisted for the Designed Life Literary Award 2017, for one of my poem "Easter With House Spinster"

● That year, I executed my first official translation contract for a Zimbabwean Writer Rudo Maita to the tune of $170.

● The same year, I was contacted by the Editor-in-Chief of the Nigerian Voice (www.thenigerianvoice.com) to become a columnist. Though, it did not eventually mature due to certain reasons.

● That year, I was unopposedly elected as the Secretary General of the National Association of Public Administration Students (Unizik).

● By the fall of that year 2017, I was also appointed the National Secretary General of the Society of Young Nigerian Writers.

● On 21st February 2018, I was featured live in the ABS Television, along with other world acclaimed Igbo Language Activist, as the world celebrated International Mother Language Day.

● On 16th March 2018, I was honoured with Certificate of Merit from the Applex Art and Creative Crew Africa

● On 23rd June 2018, I received Certificate of Recognition from the ImpactField Global Initiative, for empowering young and promoting quality education.

● On 25th June 2018, I won the Campus Best Writer/Jounalist of The Year

● On 20th July 2018, I was honoured with Award of Excellence by the National Association of Public Administration Students (for my outstanding performance as the Secretary General of NAPAS)

● That July, as a graduating member, I was also Issued with a Certificate of Recognition by Anglican Students Fellowship (Unizik).

● By God's grace, on 13th August 2018, I successfully defended my project and became a graduate of Public Administration, from the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.

● I entered as an ordinary Novelist and graduated as an award-winning Novelist, Poet, Essayist, Jounalist, Columnist, Publicist, Translator, Editor, Igbo Language Activist, and a Bureaucrat (an Administrator).

● Currently, I have over 800 articles/news published online, both in Igbo and English Languages, likewise numerous poems

● All to the Glory of God.....

Friends join me appreciate this God.

6 Likes

Re: A Throw Back To My Few Achievements As An Undergraduate In Unizik (2013 - 2018) by Nanceer(f): 12:03am On Sep 02, 2018
I like your bravery to have uploaded a pic in that nice beautiful shoe
Re: A Throw Back To My Few Achievements As An Undergraduate In Unizik (2013 - 2018) by Obinnau(m): 5:34am On Sep 02, 2018
Nanceer:
Out of everything he has typed, out of all his other clothings, it's only the shoe that you saw. Smh
Re: A Throw Back To My Few Achievements As An Undergraduate In Unizik (2013 - 2018) by written007: 6:07am On Sep 02, 2018
Nanceer:

It goes to show that everything he typed he did truly earn unlike most people that paint everything from
their words to their sole.

Good that you pointed it out though.. let's be the ones to show him a little of the the things he didn't allow himself indulging in , which of course made him better than most of us at his age.

2 Likes

Re: A Throw Back To My Few Achievements As An Undergraduate In Unizik (2013 - 2018) by onlyson16(m): 7:55am On Sep 02, 2018
Ar u frm ebenato, if yes i know u, thankGod akam is my classmate den, He lives after calvary hospital, I wouldnt like to talk more, congrat to thankGOD akam I remember wen he gained admission at unizik 2015/2016
Re: A Throw Back To My Few Achievements As An Undergraduate In Unizik (2013 - 2018) by onlyson16(m): 8:04am On Sep 02, 2018
do u remember when u do come to my secondry school to sell novels at talent comprehensive? I left talent to padua before I mate thankGOD akam, so is good to know u here,so if u do anyhow here i will report you to your parent,
Re: A Throw Back To My Few Achievements As An Undergraduate In Unizik (2013 - 2018) by IzunnaOkafor(m): 10:39am On Apr 14, 2019
Good to know you're here....
Re: A Throw Back To My Few Achievements As An Undergraduate In Unizik (2013 - 2018) by TrisVik(f): 4:27pm On Jun 15, 2019
IzunnaOkafor:
Written By Izunna Okafor

■ In December 2013, I released my second novel (The Curse of A Widow)

■ Towards the Guage of 2014, I Published my third Novel (The Faithful Children)

● That same year, Anglican Diocese of Awka approved my second and third novels to be sold in the mission secondary schools across the entire diocese.

● I started attending writers conference/workshops and building myself in writing.

● In 2015, I released my fourth novel and my first Igbo novel (Ajọ Enyi)

● In June 2015, my fourth novel (Ajọ Enyi) won the Pita Nwana Prize For Igbo Literature, making me the first and only person to have won that prize till date.

● The same June 2015, my third novel (The Faithful Children) received Outstanding Recognition in the Ezenwa Ohaeto Prize For Young Nigerian Novelists.

● That same 2015, I received my first official appointment as the Coordinator of the Society of Young Nigerian Writers (Anambra Chapter) as well as the National Auditor of the SYNW

● That year, I was also made the ambassador of Read Across Nigeria, as well as the Coordinator of the RAN in Anambra State.

● That 2015, I was nominated for the Nigerian Writers Award as Indigenous Writer of The Year

● That year, I was also nominated as the NWA/Young Writer of the Year 2015.

● In February 2016, with my fourth novel (Ajọ Enyi), I won the Nigerian Writers Award as the Indigenous Writer of the Year. The event took place at the Terra Kulture Hotel, Lagos. Hausa, Yoruba and other people who write in various indigenous languages in Nigeria were on the list, but mine won them all. And since then, no Nigerian has won that prize till date.

http://nwaward.com/2016/03/12/2015-nwa-winners/

● That year, I was equally shortlisted as the Young Writer of The Year 2016

● On May 2016, Nigerian Voice (www.thenigerianvoice.com) published my first article (titled: Our Governments Have Failed Us)

https://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/217978/our-governments-have-failed-us.html

This was later published by over 20 websites and online media.

● That year, I went fully into advocating and promoting Igbo Language and Culture (Igbo Language and Cultural Activism)

● That year, I also published my second article online (titled: Say No To Igbo Extinction) which was then published by more than 40 media houses, including Daily Trust, and the popular Pengician (www.pengician.com) which is the African No. 1 online portal.

● That year, I published my first poem (Our Pen).

● That year, I eventually ended up publishing more eight articles.

● That year, as the National body approved, I organized my first state-wide program in Anambra State, which took place at the Anambra State Central Library, Awka, in honour of Dr. Wale Okediran (a famous Nigerian Writer). This was proudly covered by the Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS). Thanks to Mr. Eze Onwuji (musicman) and the Ag. Director of the Anambra State Central E-Library.

● From the academic page, that year, 2015, I was honoured with an Award of Excellence by the National Association of Public Administration Students (Unizik), for my Outstanding Academic Excellence.

● That year, I also completed my Diploma programme in Unizik, and acquired my OND in Public Administration.

● That same year, I won the SLAM Youths Hero International Award 2016 as the Innovative Youth of the Year, beating my closest Ethiopia rivalry.

● That year, I received Merit Award from The Society of Young Nigerian Writers (2016).

● That year, I was nominated for the Starlett Award as the Best Creative Writer of The Year 2016

● That same, I was nominated for the Anambra Exclusive Youths Choice Award (AEYCA) as the Best Youth Writer of The Year 2016. AEYCA is regarded as the highest youths award in Anambra state.

● That year, with the help of my members and executives, I initiated and held one of the greatest writers events in Anambra State in Memory of Late Prof. Chinua Achebe, which drew close to 1000 participants, including writers from Zimbabwe, USA and Mexico. It also took place at the same Anambra State Central E-Library, Awka, and drew top government functionaries. Thanks to Chidiebere Ojiego.

● That same year, I was invited to speak to over 2000 students in a seminar in Awka.

● That year, I also became the Editor-in-Chief of the Chinua Achebe Poetry/Essay Anthology/Magazine.

● That year, I was also nominated for the Future Award Africa, which the highest Youth Award in the entire African Continent. I was nominated for African Prize for Education, and was warmly welcomed to the event place (Eko Hotel, Lagos Island) by former Governor Peter Obi, former minister of Education (Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili) and the current president of Ghana Nana Akufo-Addo, (then president-elect).

● That year, I was also honoured with Certificate of Award from RAN, likewise numerous other certificates of award, participation and achievement which I also received that year.

● That year, I started pursuing my Degree in Unizik, having completed my OND in that same school and been admitted as a direct entry student.

● That year, I was made an Ambassador of the TFA in Nigeria.

● That year, my fourth (Igbo) novel was recognized as the LiteraNation Indigenous Book of The Month of December 2016.

● That year, I was featured in Tadio/TV program called Creative Forum, anchored by the Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS). Thanks to Mr. Eze Onwuji.

● On 16th December 2016, I wrapped the year up by winning the highly coveted Nigerian Heritage Icon Award as the Best Young Writer of The Year 2016 Federal Republic of Nigeria.

● On 9th June 2017, I won the Inspire Award as the Outstanding Youths in Academics

● On 23rd June of that same year, I was honoured with award by the National Association of Public Administration Students (NAPAS) as the Academic Icon of The Year 2017

● On 30th June that same year, I was honoured with Award of Recognition from the Students Union Government (Nnamdi Azikiwe University)

● By that year, I had been published in over hundred websites across the globe.

● That same year 2017, I won the Outstanding Youth of The Year in Anambra State (by AEYCA 2017).

● That same year, I published my first short story (The African Blood), and also penned the "Educated Illiterate".

● That year, I was employed as a journalist, working with the Anambra Newspaper Printing Corporation, the Publishers of National Light Newspaper (www.nationallightngr.com); Ka Ọ Dị Taa (www.kaoditaa.com) and the National Light Sports Extra.

● That year, as an Igbo Language Activist, I also started writing for the popular online "Igbo Radio" (www.igboradio.com) which has its headquarter in Canada.

● That year, with the help of my excos and members of the Society of Young Nigerian Writers, I also held the same Chinua Achebe writers' programme in a greater momentum. Special thanks to Chidiebere Ojiego, Ezinne Anaekwe, Mr. Eze Onwuji and Sir Chuka Nnabuife.

● That year, I was nominated for the Campus Writer/Jounalist of The Year 2017

● That year, I emerged a strong contender in the Unizik Spelling Bee 2017.

● That same year, I held a one-day seminar for the entire students of my Alma Mata (C.S.S. Ebenator) with one of my former classmates, Comrade Thankgod Akam, who is also the current President of Faculty of Social Science Students Association (FOSSA Unizik).

● That same year, I was shortlisted for the Designed Life Literary Award 2017, for one of my poem "Easter With House Spinster"

● That year, I executed my first official translation contract for a Zimbabwean Writer Rudo Maita to the tune of $170.

● The same year, I was contacted by the Editor-in-Chief of the Nigerian Voice (www.thenigerianvoice.com) to become a columnist. Though, it did not eventually mature due to certain reasons.

● That year, I was unopposedly elected as the Secretary General of the National Association of Public Administration Students (Unizik).

● By the fall of that year 2017, I was also appointed the National Secretary General of the Society of Young Nigerian Writers.

● On 21st February 2018, I was featured live in the ABS Television, along with other world acclaimed Igbo Language Activist, as the world celebrated International Mother Language Day.

● On 16th March 2018, I was honoured with Certificate of Merit from the Applex Art and Creative Crew Africa

● On 23rd June 2018, I received Certificate of Recognition from the ImpactField Global Initiative, for empowering young and promoting quality education.

● On 25th June 2018, I won the Campus Best Writer/Jounalist of The Year

● On 20th July 2018, I was honoured with Award of Excellence by the National Association of Public Administration Students (for my outstanding performance as the Secretary General of NAPAS)

● That July, as a graduating member, I was also Issued with a Certificate of Recognition by Anglican Students Fellowship (Unizik).

● By God's grace, on 13th August 2018, I successfully defended my project and became a graduate of Public Administration, from the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.

● I entered as an ordinary Novelist and graduated as an award-winning Novelist, Poet, Essayist, Jounalist, Columnist, Publicist, Translator, Editor, Igbo Language Activist, and a Bureaucrat (an Administrator).

● Currently, I have over 800 articles/news published online, both in Igbo and English Languages, likewise numerous poems

● All to the Glory of God.....

Friends join me appreciate this God.

I firstly want to say I join you in thanking God for your gifts for writing. I pray for continued inspiration in your endeavors.

Secondly, how were you able to get hold of a good book editor? Writing is one thing, getting it accessed by an individual to correct your grammar, sentence structure and the overall readability is a different ball game. Believe me, a great story line can be completely derailed by bad editing.

Kudos.

(1) (Reply)

Of Sin And Trickery (#1.5 Risen Evil) / Under The Mask - Feather's Stories / The Witch King: Legend Of The Flute HORROR CHAPTER TWO UPDATE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.