Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! (19263 Views)

Oppo Reno2 F Vs Huawei Y9s Speed Test | Helio P70 Vs Kirin 710f Cpu (photos) / Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 Vs Y9 2019 Speed Test. Snapdragon 450 Vs Kirin 710 (photos) / Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by Realname: 9:55am On Sep 02, 2018
Jeromejnr:

Bros you be mumu.

You see why I said educate yourself.

Samsung will stop making phones very soon (according to their blueprints) as there is little profits these days in the smartphone business and they are going ahead to focus and manufacure chips e.t.c

Many Phone manufacturers will follow suite (because mobile phone innovation has reached its peak for now) and hence need to make sure their processors e.t.c are used widely by other manufacturers.

That is why there is a fierce competition now in chipset technology.

Tell me again why Samsung wont want the competition to use Exynos?

You just said nothing

Now I understand

Get off my.mentions.

Olodo
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by austino677(m): 9:55am On Sep 02, 2018
michlins:
few people use the full features of the Note 9. Even folks are complaining about the bibxy feature of the Note 9. It's just a debut device who knows what they would launch later
well there's no issue on my bixby..
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by ollah2: 9:57am On Sep 02, 2018
michlins:
forcing it down the consumers throats is what the people are complaining about.

Who are the people complaining? Users or wailers?
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by michlins(m): 9:57am On Sep 02, 2018
ollah2:

That's where you guys miss out, why is the pocophone F1 even cheaper than Mi 8 despite being the same brand and the earlier been a newer phone and rnning a newer chipset?
it's a new brand that believes that adverts are best made by users. They would still up the price on subsequent releases. Remember people were complaining about the price of OnePlus 6 that even the executive had to defend the price decision citing R&grin
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by johnmattew: 9:59am On Sep 02, 2018
Jeromejnr:

Good even tho your argument was much more constructive and objective.

You were wrong in some parts.

However, my point is that Samsung has to sell the exynos which he said they cant.

But that aside, lets go to the iphone x.

Please do not mention the iphone x near the king of phones..the Note 9.

The whole world knows the Note 9 is best and preferable. Even aliens love the note 9 except biased and decived apple fanboys gals.

I have had this argument and always come out on top. There is nothing the iphone x offers that is special for its price. Why get that when you can get a note 9?
All people have to do is tell whats so special about the iphone x apart from d normal its faster bla bla...Because of what they read somewhere online.
Samsung can't sell exynos until they develop 5G Network......have u seen any non Samsung phones with exynos?

I used Samsung note 5, mind u, hardware is not what made iPhones more preferable..software/hardware integration and ecosystem is made iPhone x far better than note 9.....Samsung is far ahead of apple in terms of hardware,but overall,iPhone x trashes note 9

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by michlins(m): 10:00am On Sep 02, 2018
ollah2:

Who are the people complaining? Users or wailers?
theverge and many other reputable sites. Thing about these guys is that they can kill an awesome device using few keystrokes. Remember Sony and recently the Essential PH1. Everything else was ok except the camera but they hammered on the camera forgetting other amazing features
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by johnmattew: 10:00am On Sep 02, 2018
Elxandre:

Meizu once used Exynos in their device...
thank God u used 'once used' in ur sentence
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by michlins(m): 10:01am On Sep 02, 2018
austino677:
well there's no issue on my bixby..
which device are you using
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by ollah2: 10:01am On Sep 02, 2018
michlins:
it's a new brand that believes that adverts are best made by users. They would still up the price on subsequent releases. Remember people were complaining about the price of OnePlus 6 that even the executive had to defend the price decision citing R&grin

You didn't answer my question

Why is the pocophone cheaper than mi 8 despite the earlier being newer and running SD 845?

The question is based on your statement, why buy note 9 for 1000 usd instead of pocophone for 300 usd since they both run SD 845.

Waiting for your reply
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by ollah2: 10:03am On Sep 02, 2018
michlins:
theverge and many other reputable sites. Thing about these guys is that they can kill an awesome device using few keystrokes. Remember Sony and recently the Essential PH1. Everything else was ok except the camera but they hammered on the camera forgetting other amazing features

Kindly quote where theverge has written anything good about Samsung phone. What other reputable sites are to talking about? BGR? Phone arena? Lol
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by johnmattew: 10:03am On Sep 02, 2018
SimplePlan34:

Bros cool down no company makes 90% margins. My 2020 predictions is for developing countries. The iPhone X is already said to be the most underwhelming new mobile device released by Apple but still behind d iwatch Europe is already embracing Huawei.
u aren't current bro......update urself.

apple takes about 90% of smartphone profits....Samsung is the only Android OEM that make profit in smartphone.

Google and Microsoft join the likes of apple and Samsung that make profit

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by xfay(m): 10:03am On Sep 02, 2018
Title is misleading that title is a toss (thank Goodness) between intel and Amd. The Kirin is just riding on a first to market advantage the 7nm process is the major key to all its advancements other major manufacturers have moved their design to 7nm for their next products
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by michlins(m): 10:04am On Sep 02, 2018
ollah2:

You didn't answer my question

Why is the pocophone cheaper than mi 8 despite the earlier being newer and running SD 845?

The question is based on your statement, why buy note 9 for 1000 usd instead of pocophone for 300 usd since they both run SD 845.

Waiting for your reply
same reason the Note 9 is more costly device than the OnePlus 6. Different things define price points from brand name to other factors.
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by ollah2: 10:04am On Sep 02, 2018
johnmattew:
Samsung can't sell exynos until they develop 5G Network......have u seen any non Samsung phones with exynos?

I used Samsung note 5, mind u, hardware is not what made iPhones more preferable..software/hardware integration and ecosystem is made iPhone x far better than note 9.....Samsung is far ahead of apple in terms of hardware,but overall,iPhone x trashes note 9

Kindly prove this with hard-core facts
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by Jeromejnr(m): 10:07am On Sep 02, 2018
Realname:

You just said nothing

Now I understand

Get off my.mentions.

Olodo

Lol...cop out comment.

Glad you learnt something.
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by johnmattew: 10:07am On Sep 02, 2018
Jeromejnr:

Faster by how many micro milli seconds that nobody notices except geekbench provides their scores.

Everyone talks of faster but can it handle more heavy operations like the qualcomm or Exynos can?

u are still new to the smartphone world technically

apple processors are so powerful that they are ranked among Intel core it processors.....there is a rumour that apple will use A-series processor in macbook by 2020...mind u, Microsoft is already using snapdragon processors in laptops,but it's no where near Pentium processors.tho. the new snapdragon 850 and upcoming snapdragon 1000 are powerful
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by Jeromejnr(m): 10:07am On Sep 02, 2018
ollah2:

I am also waiting for him.
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by ollah2: 10:08am On Sep 02, 2018
Jeromejnr:

Lol...cop out comment.

You don't understand him, he meant what in the world would stop Samsung and other manufacturers stop making phones besides HTC and probably Sony?
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by michlins(m): 10:10am On Sep 02, 2018
ollah2:

Kindly quote where theverge has written anything good about Samsung phone. What other reputable sites are to talking about? BGR? Phone arena? Lol
as bad as these guys articles about Samsung devices are, they still have large followership and audience. I can get that as much as you think they are biased you still read their articles and form some opinion based on them
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by johnmattew: 10:10am On Sep 02, 2018
ollah2:

*IOS is far better than Android

*iOS is far more secured

*iOS gets better updates than Android..after a year,only 3%of android got oreo

*iOS has better apps selections than Android

*software and hardware integration in iPhones is far better than even Google pixel phone

*iOS got better developers contribution than Android

*apple processors are far more superior than those of android
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by Jeromejnr(m): 10:12am On Sep 02, 2018
johnmattew:

u are still new to the smartphone world technically

apple processors are so powerful that they are ranked among Intel core it processors.....there is a rumour that apple will use A-series processor in macbook by 2020...mind u, Microsoft is already using snapdragon processors in laptops,but it's no where near Pentium processors.tho. the new snapdragon 850 and upcoming snapdragon 1000 are powerful

Lol..who is new?

You know, when you guys are arguing, try and scale down to reality and average consumer usage.

Understand this, no one cares about micro milli seconds of speeds. These things are barely noticeable.

Apple happen to have made their own processor and there is a big fuss about it that any small thing, the apple fanboys will say its faster its this its that.

I agree its powerful but not all powerful.
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by Realname: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2018
Jeromejnr:

Lol...cop out comment.

Learned something?

SMH

How old are.you? 13?

I bet.you are in junior secondary school?
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by brightalo17: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2018
What are those components that Samsung supplies to Apple for the production of there overrated phones ?
Many people don't know about this but it is true.
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by ollah2: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2018
johnmattew:

*IOS is far better than Android

*iOS is far more secured

*iOS gets better updates than Android..after a year,only 3%of android got oreo

*iOS has better apps selections than Android

*software and hardware integration in iPhones is far better than even Google pixel phones

Opinion
Opinion
Opinion
Opinion
Opinion

2 Likes

Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by ollah2: 10:14am On Sep 02, 2018
michlins:
as bad as these guys articles about Samsung devices are, they still have large followership and audience. I can get that as much as you think they are biased you still read their articles and form some opinion based on them

Nairaland has a large followership but we all know how bigotry and hatred is the order of the day on this site. So?
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by Jeromejnr(m): 10:14am On Sep 02, 2018
ollah2:

You don't understand him, he meant what in the world would stop Samsung and other manufacturers stop making phones besides HTC and probably Sony?

Like I said.

Its in their blueprint. I follow their tech news.

They want to focus on parts of mobiles while giving Huawei the lead in smartphone.

I will look for the article.
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by johnmattew: 10:16am On Sep 02, 2018
Jeromejnr:

Lol..who is new?

You know, when you guys are arguing, try and scale down to reality and average consumer usage.

Understand this, no one cares about micro milli seconds of speeds. These things are barely noticeable.

Apple happen to have made their own processor and there is a big fuss about it that any small thing, the apple fanboys will say its faster its this its that.

I agree its powerful but not all powerful.
I'm not an apple minion/apologist...if u want to know more about apple processors,go and buy iPad pro with A11processor with 4gb RAM to any Android tablet with S845 and 8gb RAM(u won't see any Android tablet with S845)
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by Jeromejnr(m): 10:17am On Sep 02, 2018
Realname:

Learned something?

SMH

How old are.you? 13?

I bet.you are in junior secondary school?

Dont bring that primary school style of comment here.

Dont derail the matter and try to be objective.

You cant be in a public debate and when someone schools you, you ask the person in front of everyone, are you in secondary school?

Typical.

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by Jeromejnr(m): 10:19am On Sep 02, 2018
johnmattew:
I'm not an apple minion/apologist...if u want to know more about apple processors,go and buy iPad pro with A11processor with 4gb RAM to any Android tablet with S845 and 8gb RAM(u won't see any Android tablet with S845)

No one cares. I use Apple also. And i can say..no big difference in peformance.
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by johnmattew: 10:21am On Sep 02, 2018
ollah2:

Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion

not opinion..it's a fact.... *whats the percentage of Android phones with Oreo and iPhones with iOS 12?
*when last did u see an attack on iPhone?
*what's the fastest phone in the world?
*what's the most powerful RISC(mobile) processor in the world?
*which ecosystem is the most preferred by developers?
* which mobile ecosystem generate more software revenue?
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by ollah2: 10:21am On Sep 02, 2018
michlins:
same reason the Note 9 is more costly device than the OnePlus 6. Different things define price points from brand name to other factors.

You are beating about the bush. You stated why should one buy a note 9 when a pocophone phone is cheaper while running same SD 845. Then tell me why is that same pocophone cheaper than mi 8? They are both Xiaomi
Re: Huawei’s Kirin 980 Is The World’s Most Powerful And Intelligent processor Ever ! by johnmattew: 10:23am On Sep 02, 2018
Jeromejnr:

No one cares. I use Apple also. And i can say..no big difference in peformance.
smh......Adobe is about to launch it's full Photoshop to iOS ,which is meant for Windows OS because ....this tells more about the power of A series processor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Seven Worst Phones Of 2012 (pictures & Reason) / 10 Kinds Of Girls You'll Find On Facebook - Naijatechguy / Oraimo Launched Green World Exclusive Flagship Store In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.