Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:01 PM

Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram (12673 Views)

ISWAP Attacks 2 Nigerian Army Bases In Borno, 30 Soldiers Dead - SaharaReporters / Army Reacts To Gruesome Murder Of Two Soldiers By IPOB/ESN / Soldiers Burn Houses In Ohafia, Abia Over Death Of 7 Soldiers By Unknown Gunmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by 17Ebiscoo: 7:14am On Sep 02, 2018
REPORTS emerged yesterday that at least 30 soldiers were killed during a battle with suspected Boko Haram terrorists in Borno State.

But the report carried by an international news agency, Agence France Presse, AFP, has been countered by the Theatre Command of Operation Lafiya Dole.

The report had claimed that troops deployed in Zari town, Guzamali Local Government Area of the state, came under attack on Thursday, leading to the ugly development.
File: Nigeria army increases troops to patrol Zaria

The media report, which quoted military sources, read:”At least 30 Nigerian soldiers were killed in combat with Boko Haram jihadists who overran a military base in the northeast near the border with Niger.

“Scores of jihadists in trucks stormed the base at Zari village, in northern Borno State, late Thursday, and briefly seized it after a fierce battle in which 30 soldiers were killed.

Reacting to the report in a telephone interview, spokesman for Theatre Command, Operation Lafiya Dole, Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu, while confirming the attack, denied that the Army suffered casualties.

According Colonel Nwachukwu, contrary to the report, several of the terrorists were killed by the military troops just as he said the terrorists’ equipment were captured.

Hear him: “That information is not correct. It’s true that we had an encounter with Boko Haram at a location called Zari. The Boko Haram came to attack that community, and our troops deployed few kilometres away from the location, countered the attack.

“The ground troops were supported by the Air Task Force, and several Boko Haram Terrorists were killed, and we also destroyed many of their equipment, weapons.

“On our side, I’m yet to receive casualty figure on my desk, if there was any. So, I cannot confirm that we had (any) and I think it’s very untrue for anyone to (say we had that casualty figure).”

He said a statement was earlier issued by the command to the effect.

The statement, which was signed by the DAPR, had read: “Troops… have successfully routed Boko Haram insurgents in an encounter that ensued yesterday (Thursday) evening at Zari village in Guzamali Local Government Area of Borno state.

“The insurgents were on rampage to loot the community and extort money from villagers but met with a fierce resistance by the troops who were supported by the Air Task Force.

“Several members of the Boko Haram fighters were neutralized and weapons destroyed during the encounter.

“Zari village and the surrounding communities have been stabilized and normalcy restored. The troops have also been reinforced to conduct more robust fighting patrol in the general area.

“The people of Guzamali and Mobar communities and indeed the entire good people of Borno State are urged to remain calm, resilient and supportive of Operation Lafiya Dole, as the troops relentlessly fight terrorism and insurgency in the North East.”

It was gathered that the same location had come under attack just recently.

“The attack took place on Thursday, at Zari in Damasak. That was the same location that some people were dislodged; that was the place that some of them ran to.

“It’s elements of 2 Division Nigerian Army that went for this Operation Last Hold. They were deployed in Zari, Damasak,” a source said.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/amry-denies-killing-of-30-soldiers-by.html

7 Likes

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by NigeriaIsDoomed: 7:20am On Sep 02, 2018
Na so. Na today we know them? No be so them deny am last time till e come dey obvious say them dey lie. Make the kwuntinu.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by Donald95(m): 7:22am On Sep 02, 2018
I trust foreigners more than our soldiers.

Our soldiers will never accept the truth that Boko Haram is stronger than them even wen it is as clear as crystal. Our soldiers are only strong when they meet Armless civilians.

Jiang:

If boko haram is truly stronger than the Nigerian Armed forces you won't be sitting comfortably in ur face me apartment typing this rubbish,

Do you mean the soldiers that paid money and begged Boko Haram for a cease fire ?

or the soldiers that seized an Airport just because they were posted to battlefield cheesy ?

Abeg my life and comfortability is in the hands of God Biko

74 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by YurFatHer: 7:24am On Sep 02, 2018
ok then what now happened to them. aaahnaaahn, these pple fit lie o

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by Bombiday(m): 7:24am On Sep 02, 2018
Is this not Nigeria again where the rulers don't care about the lives of the citizens. We have seen this happen time and time again, we are no longer deceived, we are no longer gullible. Eternal rest to the dead and condolences to their families.

“On our side, I’m yet to receive casualty figure on my desk, if there was any. So, I cannot confirm that we had (any) and I think it’s very untrue for anyone to (say we had that casualty figure).”

“Zari village and the surrounding communities have been stabilized and normalcy restored. The troops have also been reinforced to conduct more robust fighting patrol in the general area.

Just imagine, you know troops were deployed and many of the boko haram fighters were killed but you don't know how many of your own men were angry you even went ahead to reinforce troops even though the ground and air teams were enough to neutralize the boko haram fighters the first time around. Keep lying sir.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by Vince77(m): 7:24am On Sep 02, 2018
I knew it.

luvinhubby they have denied it just as you said.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by abokibuhari: 7:24am On Sep 02, 2018
grin
Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by dokyOloye: 7:24am On Sep 02, 2018
Na wa oo.
Not a good time to be a zoo soldier.
Especially now that their Oga Buhari is funding boko haram in d name of ransome and releasing their Senior members captured by the previous government.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by kerry57: 7:24am On Sep 02, 2018
What shall it profit the army to always deny attack on their bases? We all know the truth.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 02, 2018
This is one of the problem of Media in this country

1 Like

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by KingLennon(m): 7:24am On Sep 02, 2018
In other words, he is trying to tell us that the casualties they got is not up to 30. But soldiers were killed and that is hard for him to say it...

1 Like

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by Phygo(m): 7:25am On Sep 02, 2018
Hope the don't also deny their families their right!
Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by Iwantaccolades: 7:25am On Sep 02, 2018
Lifeless president, Lifeless army.

1 Like

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 02, 2018
Liars even this empty cans bow for una

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by OBAGADAFFI: 7:25am On Sep 02, 2018
angry
Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by Authoreety: 7:25am On Sep 02, 2018
They are always denying
Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by ngwababe(f): 7:26am On Sep 02, 2018
We know say dem go must deny am....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:26am On Sep 02, 2018
As usual them must lie. Useless lifeless government.
Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by Chizmickey(m): 7:27am On Sep 02, 2018
Why is the Nigerian army lying? what is there gain? if they publish the truth, who will beat them?

1 Like

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by IMASTEX: 7:27am On Sep 02, 2018
As expected
Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by mightyokwy(m): 7:27am On Sep 02, 2018
We are use to their lies, I only pity the families of the soldiers.
Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by Racoon(m): 7:27am On Sep 02, 2018
The army have started again. angry angry Later you will hear the anguish of family members or even the army itself burying them.Please dont add to the grief of bereaved families. cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by Lifeinterpreter: 7:27am On Sep 02, 2018
God help Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by YurFatHer: 7:27am On Sep 02, 2018
17Ebiscoo:
REPORTS emerged yesterday that at least 30 soldiers were killed during a battle with suspected Boko Haram terrorists in Borno State.

But the report carried by an international news agency, Agence France Presse, AFP, has been countered by the Theatre Command of Operation Lafiya Dole.

The report had claimed that troops deployed in Zari town, Guzamali Local Government Area of the state, came under attack on Thursday, leading to the ugly development.
File: Nigeria army increases troops to patrol Zaria

The media report, which quoted military sources, read:”At least 30 Nigerian soldiers were killed in combat with Boko Haram jihadists who overran a military base in the northeast near the border with Niger.

“Scores of jihadists in trucks stormed the base at Zari village, in northern Borno State, late Thursday, and briefly seized it after a fierce battle in which 30 soldiers were killed.

Reacting to the report in a telephone interview, spokesman for Theatre Command, Operation Lafiya Dole, Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu, while confirming the attack, denied that the Army suffered casualties.

According Colonel Nwachukwu, contrary to the report, several of the terrorists were killed by the military troops just as he said the terrorists’ equipment were captured.

Hear him: “That information is not correct. It’s true that we had an encounter with Boko Haram at a location called Zari. The Boko Haram came to attack that community, and our troops deployed few kilometres away from the location, countered the attack.

“The ground troops were supported by the Air Task Force, and several Boko Haram Terrorists were killed, and we also destroyed many of their equipment, weapons.

He said a statement was earlier issued by the command to the effect.

The statement, which was signed by the DAPR, had read: “Troops… have successfully routed Boko Haram insurgents in an encounter that ensued yesterday (Thursday) evening at Zari village in Guzamali Local Government Area of Borno state.

“The insurgents were on rampage to loot the community and extort money from villagers but met with a fierce resistance by the troops who were supported by the Air Task Force.

“Several members of the Boko Haram fighters were neutralized and weapons destroyed during the encounter.

“The people of Guzamali and Mobar communities and indeed the entire good people of Borno State are urged to remain calm, resilient and supportive of Operation Lafiya Dole, as the troops relentlessly fight terrorism and insurgency in the North East.”

It was gathered that the same location had come under attack just recently.

“The attack took place on Thursday, at Zari in Damasak. That was the same location that some people were dislodged; that was the place that some of them ran to.

“It’s elements of 2 Division Nigerian Army that went for this Operation Last Hold. They were deployed in Zari, Damasak,” a source said.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/amry-denies-killing-of-30-soldiers-by.html
is it amry or army? abeg, no confuse us jarey
Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by CheapDataGuy: 7:27am On Sep 02, 2018
angry
Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by Opinionated: 7:27am On Sep 02, 2018
Which one do we now believe?
Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by falcon01: 7:27am On Sep 02, 2018
my country I never choosed your I am stuck with you
Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by omooba969(m): 7:27am On Sep 02, 2018
Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by babeshe: 7:28am On Sep 02, 2018
God please save us in this country called Nigeria
Re: Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram by pawesome(m): 7:31am On Sep 02, 2018
Trust this people at your peril

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Buhari Urges ECOWAS To Use Agriculture, Technology To Boost Economy / Gunmen Kidnap Eze Damian Nwaigwe (Traditional Ruler Of Mbutu, Imo State) / FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.