Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi (18443 Views)

APC Will Compensate Civil War Victims In Rivers – Amaechi / Wike's Bad Governance Responsible For Hardship In Rivers - Amaechi / [BREAKING] Rivers: Amaechi-backed AAC Floors Gov. Wike, Leading By Wide Margin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by 7Ebisco: 7:54am On Sep 02, 2018
Minister of Transportation, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi said on Saturday that he did not appoint anyone as the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers State.

In a statement personally signed by the minister, he denied media report that he had appointed a governorship candidate for his party in the state, noting that the said report was false.

The statement read: “On official national assignment in China, the attention of the Honourable Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, has been drawn to several wild, misleading, misguided and deliberately distorted stories and claims linking the minister who is the Leader of the APC in Rivers State and the South-South region, to a purported ‘appointment’ of a governorship candidate for the APC in Rivers State for the 2019 gubernatorial election. To clarify this fallacy, the minister restates that: “As an individual, a registered voter and a card-carrying APC member from Rivers State, it’s the Honourable Minister’s inalienable, constitutionally enshrined democratic right to back/support/promote any qualified fellow party member of his choice, to aspire to be the candidate of the party in the state in the forthcoming governorship election or any other election.

EFCC raids two companies in Adamawa for money laundering offences

“However, as a true and thorough democrat, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, a foundation member of the APC and a leading light of the party, recognises that the party candidates for the 2019 general elections will be chosen/elected by party members through the prescribed democratic process in the party’s constitution, rules and regulations.

“It is, therefore, preposterous, mischievous; wholly and intentionally disingenuous and deceitful for anyone to claim, allege or even insinuate that the Honourable Minister has “appointed” a governorship candidate for APC in Rivers State.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/i-didnt-appoint-gov-candidate-for.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by JudasNaCarrot: 8:20am On Sep 02, 2018
Hmmmm....I'm tired sef!

So how did the news break out if you didn't appoint Dele- Cole as Rivers APC governorship candidate.... what about the Lagos meeting?

Amaechi and Oshiomole go soon put leg for one trouser.

APC.... deceitful and terrorist party filled with lifeless people terrorizing Nigerians upandan.

7 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by gaby(m): 10:27am On Sep 02, 2018
Okay...let's allow the electorates chose their leaders.

The peoples voice needs to be heard..

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by Robboggs: 10:27am On Sep 02, 2018
As usual
Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by ogaontop(m): 10:28am On Sep 02, 2018
Make Mr. Project catch you nd your candidate

Na better flogging e go be!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by Benekruku(m): 10:29am On Sep 02, 2018
The Lion has spoken

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by cosmatika(m): 10:29am On Sep 02, 2018
Cos u know it'll be effort in futility. APC better not waste their tym and money contesting in Rivers, Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Cross River states in 2019 cos PDP will win back to back in those states. Meanwhile, we're waiting for Ambode to leave the evil party angry grin

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by Tonyspecial(m): 10:29am On Sep 02, 2018
In politics anything is possible
Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:29am On Sep 02, 2018
Ok. It is noted.
Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by Airforce1(m): 10:30am On Sep 02, 2018
Fake news everywhere

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by Tonyspecial(m): 10:30am On Sep 02, 2018
Benekruku:
The Lion has spoken

a lion is animal nah...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by Benekruku(m): 10:32am On Sep 02, 2018
Tonyspecial:
a lion is animal nah...

Did you disagree with Buhari when he called majority of Nigerian youths illiterates?

7 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by finestiyke(m): 10:32am On Sep 02, 2018
He thinks hes the leader of the APC in thr South South? Make. Oshiomhole catch am. Fess lmao

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 02, 2018
Buhari has taken us to the year 1979. The second republic.

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by diebuhari1: 10:33am On Sep 02, 2018
Benekruku:
The Lion has spoken

Lion of the entire South Wàste

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by IamPatriotic(m): 10:34am On Sep 02, 2018
In the first place, he doesn't have the power to pick a candidate for the post, he doesn't own Rivers. Except he wants to play God.
Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by Kclique: 10:34am On Sep 02, 2018
What did you do, then?

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by talk2rotman(m): 10:36am On Sep 02, 2018
u want to prove that u are not playing godfatherism in rivers state Abi? u have who u want to support in ur mind oga
Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by tesppidd: 10:36am On Sep 02, 2018
Nothing new.

It's a Nigerian factor.

All governors and political party leaders always want to impose candidates and successors.
Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by Benekruku(m): 10:38am On Sep 02, 2018
diebuhari1:
Lion of the entire South Wàste

Wails of a 3rd class citizen

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by xwebyna(m): 10:39am On Sep 02, 2018
Only in 9ja

Well, if you are interested in google pixel xl android device, check my signature.
Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by Caseless: 10:42am On Sep 02, 2018
grin grin
I said it yesterday.
Benekruku:

You ain't know politics trust me.

You can't even see the Joker Ameachi is playing

I just don't want to believe this report or story Amaechi might be trying to deflect attention from his preferred candidate, Dakuku peterside .

I'm thinking, needed someone to stand against wike for now. If wike wins and finishes his term , he'd now present Dakuku as the candidate for 2023. It will be bad for Dakuku to lose twice to wike in a row and come back in 2023. People would have grown tired of him by then. So, he needs to take a break for now.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by Naijamagician: 10:48am On Sep 02, 2018
Interesting.. .
Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by narufof: 10:49am On Sep 02, 2018
good for you
Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by Elvis295(m): 10:50am On Sep 02, 2018
Na So

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by MooreJozo(m): 10:50am On Sep 02, 2018
ameachi sef
Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by Betrand3: 10:51am On Sep 02, 2018
Naija...sick politricking
Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by deebsman1(m): 10:51am On Sep 02, 2018
This is why it's tough nowadays to rely and believe all dis online blogging stories

Always full of lies and distortions

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Appoint Gov Candidate For Rivers —amaechi by Tundeobama(m): 10:52am On Sep 02, 2018
we want direct primary now i respect tinubu more if we choose wrongly during primary nothing good will come out of a state.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike: Rivers Will Continue To Be Home To Igbos / Dakuku Peterside Accuses Wike OF ₦3.5 Billion Road Contract Fraud / Nigerian Army Kills Top Boko Haram Commander, Others In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.