Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,633 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Is Christianity And Islam Against Men Weaving And Braiding Their Hair? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christianity And Islam Against Men Weaving And Braiding Their Hair? (1517 Views)

Is Valentine's Day A Religious Ceremony And Is Islam Against It? / Why Do Most Churches Make It Mandatory For Women To Cover Their Hair In Church? / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Christianity And Islam Against Men Weaving And Braiding Their Hair? by jeshua(m): 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2007
What is wrong with men weaving their hairs? Many south African do it and even in America,Christians do it, but in Nigeria if you weave, you are looked upon as a not-too-serious type, footballer or a "sango" worshipper? Is christianity against it? what of Islam?

Re: Is Christianity And Islam Against Men Weaving And Braiding Their Hair? by busygirl(f): 4:16pm On Apr 02, 2007
I don't think it has anything to do with religion------it has more to do with culture. From the cultural aspect, it's believed by most people that guys on braids, locks, ear-rings are irresponsible and unserious. That's why in serious business organisations like banks, schools etc You dare not even go for a job interview in braids,ear-rings etc because of your appearance. Even if you came out with a first class. And definately, most parents wouldn't approve their daughters marring guys with such.
Re: Is Christianity And Islam Against Men Weaving And Braiding Their Hair? by jeshua(m): 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2007
but do you think it is right because is like talking about homosexuality, when you fill out forms you will be asked if you are "straight or otherwise". this shows that even nature does not subscribe to it.
Re: Is Christianity And Islam Against Men Weaving And Braiding Their Hair? by cuteass1(f): 1:02am On Apr 06, 2007
busygirl:

I don't think it has anything to do with religion------it has more to do with culture. From the cultural aspect, it's believed by most people that guys on braids, locks, ear-rings are irresponsible and unserious. That's why in serious business organisations like banks, schools etc You dare not even go for a job interview in braids,ear-rings etc because of your appearance. Even if you came out with a first class. And definately, most parents wouldn't approve their daughters marring guys with such.

dearie i'll sue you ooh grin why do keep reading my mind, i think i have to buy a padlock and start locking it wink cheesy

well said though cool
Re: Is Christianity And Islam Against Men Weaving And Braiding Their Hair? by busygirl(f): 6:43pm On Apr 08, 2007
@cute-ass, thanks.
Re: Is Christianity And Islam Against Men Weaving And Braiding Their Hair? by cuteass1(f): 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2007
busygirl:

@cute-ass, thanks.

you're welcome dear. you think so smart and i like that wink cheesy

hoping to bump into you more often, take care hun smiley

(1) (Reply)

The Bible Says To Call No Man Father, So Why Do We Call Our Priests "Father"? / Orthodox Easter In Pictures / Joel Osteen Rebukes Apostles Paul,peter, And John

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.