Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ (644 Views)

2023: Kukah Warns Nigerians Against Repeat Of 2015 "Mistake" / Doyin Okupe: The Number Of Votes Atiku May Get In 2019 To Win Buhari / Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by 14Ebiscoo: 1:40pm On Sep 02, 2018
A pro-Buhari group, G-23, has said the Igbo will not repeat what it described as the mistake of 2015 when the South-East neglected a broad-based politics and supported former President Goodluck Jonathan based on regional consideration.

The group regretted that the move cost the South- East politically, maintaining that the Igbo were out to support President Muhammadu Buhari for a second term so that power could be zoned to the South-East in 2023.

The Convener of the South-East G-23, Johnbosco Onunkwo, while speaking with journalists in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, on Saturday, said the Buhari-led administration had performed creditably in the South-East region and the country in general and should be reelected.

Onunkwo added that the Buhari-led administration was currently embarking on 69 projects in the South-East, among them the Second Niger Bridge, due for completion before the end of 2020.

He added, “We have, as a body, painstakingly summarised the political realities confronting the South-East region with an understanding that Ndigbo will not repeat the mistake of 2015, where we neglected the broad-based politics that brought in President Muhammadu Buhari as a result of regional and ethnic sympathy.

“This, at the end, cost the region a lot politically. Despite this, we, members of G23, sincerely appreciate the attitude of President Muhammadu Buhari, who has risen as a statesman to accommodate all Nigerians irrespective of where that region stood in the last general elections.”

The G-23 convener also said the South-East must seek the most favourable set of political outcomes that were realistically obtainable.

The group promised to work for President Muhammadu Buhari’s reelection in 2019 in the South East region.

It said, “We must state that for now, it is imperative to allow the incumbent to complete his tenure thus allowing power to rotate to the south at the end of his tenure as the conventional wisdom of our politics dictates.’’

It also called on all “worthy Igbo leaders to support the President for a second term”, adding that it was both reasonable and politically correct to do so at this time.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/igbo-will-support-buhari-in-2019-to.html

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by Tonnexy: 1:42pm On Sep 02, 2018
Go and tell Buhari I said, both of you are mad

7 Likes

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by saintjimos(m): 1:47pm On Sep 02, 2018
STORIES THAT TOUCHES THE HEART

HAVE YOU HEARD FROM IKE AND THE REST?
Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by sarrki(m): 1:48pm On Sep 02, 2018
Nah by force person dey love who get power pass you

2 Likes

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by sarrki(m): 1:49pm On Sep 02, 2018
Also I said this 2 years ago I created a thread that south south and south east will be at the forefront of Buhari campaign in 2019

3 Likes

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by sarrki(m): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2018
Tonnexy:

Very easy to detect online miscreants

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by NdiaraIGBO: 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2018
Truth be told!

I dont like IGBO people.# But I like sneaking into Owerri for a week leg up!!!!

Finish.

1 Like

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by Tonnexy: 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2018
sarrki:

Very easy to detect online miscreants

Haven't you noticed how much I hate you gullible zombies.
Till you get a brain

1 Like

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2018
Tonnexy:
You must be insane. The South-East has a right to decide their political interest. If they sit down in a round table and feel Buhari's re-emergence will soothe their interest come 2023, so be it. PDP has no right to tell the Igbos who to vote for. Let PDP woo Ndigbo with the right offers and not us doing that for them. Tell your fellow dummy I said this.

1 Like

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by buharitill2023: 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2018
Igbo are apc.
Yoruba are apc
Hausa/fulani are app.
Middlebelt are app.
We south south are apc.

Only miscreants, the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist are pdp,
I am still looking for the state pdp can win with the help of the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist.
Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by Tonnexy: 2:23pm On Sep 02, 2018
Chiwude:
You must be insane. The South-East has a right to decide their political interest. If they sit down in a round table and feel Buhari's re-emergence will soothe their interest come 2023, so be it. PDP has no right to tell the Igbos who to vote for. Let PDP woo Ndigbo with the right offers and not us doing that for them. Tell your fellow dummy I said this.

Are you well?
Because you can't be normal and still surport Mr Lifeless, is either you are mad or you are also lifeless

2 Likes

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by Almaiga: 2:53pm On Sep 02, 2018
The G-23 group are the wisest and the smartest amongst Igbo's. Supporting Buhari will be Igbo's best decision. The North, Niger Delta, and the South West are Buhari's major supporters, I urge Igbo's to follow suit.

Igbo Amaka.

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by phase1: 3:02pm On Sep 02, 2018
Lie mohammed sponsored group deceiving zombified illiterate abooki and yoromuslim dumboharists.. cheesy cheesy

How can the great Igbo race support an empty skulled almajiri terrorist who sent soldiers to kill their people in the East?

1 Like

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 02, 2018
buhari is curse! go and ask Benue people if voting buhari was a mistake or not! Any Christian tribe that vote buhari'll suffer the wrath of GOD! ask behari people!

1 Like

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by nku5: 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2018
If we call them efulefus now dem no go gree grin

Who the bleep is "Jonbosco Onunkwo" and what is a G-23 and why they no meet for Enugu or Umuahia? Why PH ?

This is what counts. If such WAEC results are results of "mistakes" in 2015 then abeg give me more grin

1 Like

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by yazach: 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2018
Tonnexy:

Are you Igbo

IPOB, the writer said IGBO not IPOB ok

I beg go Israel where you belong and stop meddling in tomy country's affairs
Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by Racoon(m): 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2018
The greatest political mistake the Igbos and indeed Nigeria will ever make again as a country is to return Buhari as president next year.

1 Like

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:06pm On Sep 02, 2018
Sarrki, how many moniker do you have sef undecided

2 Likes

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by Malaifia1993: 4:11pm On Sep 02, 2018
sarrki:
Also I said this 2 years ago I created a thread that south south and south east will be at the forefront of Buhari campaign in 2019
you are deluding yourself if you subscribe to that

1 Like

Re: ‘igbo Will Support Buhari In 2019 To Avoid 2015 Mistake’ by sarrki(m): 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Sarrki, how many moniker do you have sef undecided

Cc mynd44

Rule 11 by posting in bold

Rule 8

(1) (Reply)

Breaking! Instablog and Nigerians are in support of Sowore's Marijuana. (Photos) / Photos From Osun APC Governorship Election Rally / News:youngest Senatorial Candidate Engr Chinedu Onyeizu Emerges From Abia South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.