Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

The Implications Of A Bad Hand Brake - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Implications Of A Bad Hand Brake (953 Views)

Implications Of Having Sex Inside A Car / Implications Of Connecting Radiator Fan From Ignition / What Are The Implications Of 5w30 Or 5w40 Instead Of 5w20 Engine Oil. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Implications Of A Bad Hand Brake by Agadsman(m): 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2018
I have been driving my car for a few months now without a functioning hand brake. Before I discovered the bad hand brake, I noticed that after a long park let's say when I park for 3 hours and I'm about to drive the car, I hear a strange and loud sound from the two back tires (the linings I guess) like they are being held by something even after releasing the car from hand brake before.

How ever, this sound only last for about a second and stop. Though I have been driving the car like that for some time now but I just want to be sure of the implications of driving a car without a functional hand brake.

Please, car gurus your help is needed here biko!
Re: The Implications Of A Bad Hand Brake by nurey(m): 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2018
It's bad for automatics because the weight of the car would rest on the park Paul instead of the brakes so.

It really becomes pronounced on slopes when you try to move the gear from park and you hear a thud sound.

2 Likes

Re: The Implications Of A Bad Hand Brake by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 02, 2018
Every single component and system in your car is designed to work. It's in your best interest to keep them in working order.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bentley's Restaurant Atop UAE's Highest Mountain Celebrates Its New Models / Please I Need Oil Coolers For Saturn Vue 2003 V6 AWD Engine / How Does Engine Oil Affect Fuel Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.