Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – President Buhari (352 Views)

You think Buhari’s Administration Can Deliver free, fair elections? - Al-Jazeera / I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari / Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – President Buhari by 5Ebiscoo: 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
Mr Buhari said having benefitted from a credible process as such he was no frightened. The president who restated his commitment to making sure that the 2019 polls, under his watch, will be free, fair and credible said this at an interactive session with members of the Nigerian community in China.

The meeting was held at the Nigerian Embassy in Beijing, the capital city of China. “I have no fear about free and fair elections because that is what brought me to the present position. I know what I went through and very few Nigerians could boast of trying four times [contesting for the presidency].

“Those interested in participating in the elections must get their PVCs, register in their constituency and elect anybody of their choice across ethnicity and religion.

“The Nigerian police, law enforcement agencies and INEC must respect the people to express their wishes,” he said.

Citing recent elections in Bauchi, Katsina and Kogi states, the president said the country had made progress relative to elections conducted in the past years.

On security issues, the president reaffirmed that his government has succeeded in curtailing Boko Haram insurgents in the country, adding that the terrorist group no longer controls any part of the country.

President Buhari advised Nigerians planning to travel abroad for “greener pastures” to do so legitimately and not to expect too much from their countries of destination.

“You cannot seek greener pastures in a place where you are not respected because of the colour of your skin or your lack of education or other things. Personally, I think you will earn more respect when you remain at home and get a job,” he said

On Nigeria-China relations, the president applauded China’s generosity and contribution to the development of Nigeria, citing the successful completion of the Abuja-Kaduna railway line, built by the Chinese, and ongoing works on Lagos, Ibadan, Ilorin, Abuja, Kano railway routes.

Earlier in his remarks, the Nigerian Ambassador to China, Baba Ahmed-Jidda, thanked the president for his support to the embassy, which led to the completion of the ambassador’s residence.

The ambassador praised Nigerians resident in the various province of China for being law abiding with the exception of few.

Delegates with Buhari at the meeting include: Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi; Governors Rochas Okorocha of Imo State; Akinwumi Ambode of Lagos State; Mohammed Abubakar of Bauchi State; Badaru Abubakar of Jigawa State; Abdul’aziz Abubakar Yari of Zamfara State; Willie Obiano of Anambra State; Godwin Obaseki of Edo State and Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/why-im-not-afraid-of-free-and-fair.html

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – President Buhari by Alejoc(m): 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2018
Fair only mean you controlling all the stakes!
Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – President Buhari by DinoMelaye(m): 7:18pm On Sep 02, 2018
Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – President Buhari by amaniro: 7:29pm On Sep 02, 2018
Sai baba we know! cool
Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – President Buhari by Naychuzzy(m): 7:30pm On Sep 02, 2018
Baba you are right.. Everything apart, You're a real damn inspiration to ME.. Four consecutive times no be beans.. It could be rice, or garri, but definitely not beans..

#Gbam
Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – President Buhari by SolutionMee: 7:39pm On Sep 02, 2018
cheesy
Those who put their trust in rigging shall never be disappointed
Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – President Buhari by sarrki(m): 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2018
Baba nah we dey rush you

Nah Nigerians dey rush you

Only Igbos in the land of the erosion that is called Biafra feel otherwise
Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – President Buhari by thesicilian: 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2018
We all know Buhari cannot win a free and fair election even in his hometown.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Buhari Bilateral Meeting With Chinese President Xi Jinping / Why Did Buhari Neglect Kabba - Ilorin Road After 21b Budget Approval? / 2019: PDP Announces New Dates For Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.