Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,520 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

The Blind Alley - Episode 24 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Blind Alley - Episode 24 (267 Views)

The Blind Alley - Episode 23 / The Blind Alley - Episode 17 / The Blind Alley - Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Blind Alley - Episode 24 by Jameskyrian(m): 11:26am On Sep 03, 2018
*The blind Alley - Episode 24*

�‍♂�‍♂�‍♂������

The Angelus....

“The Angel of the Lord declared unto Mary, and She conceived of the Holy spirit,” the large bell rung as the Angelus prayer were unanimously recited from all facets of the school.

The raucous recitation of the prayer woke me. During my short aborted nap, i had a dream.

The dream was so terrifying that I was sweating profusely immediately i woke.

I found myself in a very thick forest with all sorts of wild animals. It was slightly dark but I could still see.

I was almost unclad as those animals were closing up on me. I didn’t know what to do but started climbing the tree in front of me. It was very slippery such that I couldn’t have a firm grip on its trunk.

In that confusion, I started crying for help. Turning back, I saw Semi approaching with a sharp machete .

It was at that moment that the noise from the Loud speaker reciting the Angelus woke me.

I didn’t understand that dream at all.

Why was Semi in that dream? What was he coming to do? Was he coming to save me or kill me with that machete he was holding?

All these unanswered rhetorical questions kept flipping through my mind with my head still resting on the handle of the wooden chair we were seated as mama tapped my right thigh.

“Obioma, Obiọma,” get up!

“Let’s start searching for the black he-goat with the aid of the sunlight before night comes,”mama dropped a very uncommon proverbial statement.

Did i hear her say” black he-goat”?…….

Hmmmmmmmmmm….

It was obvious mama was referring to Semi as a he goat almost literally.

“Mama, let me go and see if the Rector..

Continue reading on the blog...

������������������

https://jkcyno.com/2018/09/03/the-blind-alley-episode-24/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders! Please I Need Your Votes For My Book. / Attribution Error: An Error Too Costly / My Fate My Destiny - Semi Final Episode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.