Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,816 members, 7,813,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) (17802 Views)

The Poor State Of Port-Harcourt - Aba Train Services (Video, Photos) / Poor State Of Benin-Auchi Federal Highway (Photos) / Petrol Tanker Fell On Airport Road Ikeja, Lagos State. VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by Jflex07(m): 12:52pm On Sep 03, 2018
obembet:
SITUATION OF ROADS IN ABA, ABIA STATE, NIGERIA
I thought some people said ikpeazu is working all bad roads in Aba. SMH for our leaders.
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by JacksonOyibo: 12:53pm On Sep 03, 2018
smiley
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2018
Ezenwammadu:
With all the millions the state is generating daily they can't repair this road

#DISGRACE

Not only that, Ikeja GRA is an expensive neighbourhood.
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by 1miccza: 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2018
frowland:
OP, you are just busy taking the same picture multiple times and different direction to make it look like its all over the place.
I plight that road daily, and its just that spot. Bad reporting there mate.

Bros i was at that place some days ago and my office isn't far from there, trust me it's as bad as it looks...
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by Jamestown123: 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
80% of the road in ikeja are bad, especially the so called ikeja GRA. Later people will start shouting Ambode is working. The whole of Lagos self don't even have good road.

1 Like

Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by Jaqenhghar: 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
This is a road in the most advanced city in Niggeria, yet you say that country is not a shithole. SMH
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by atilla(m): 1:09pm On Sep 03, 2018
[quote author=Almunjid post=70863706][/quote]

Kai. Please what is this?? It cannot be a road in this country
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by Sunnick(m): 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
[quote author=Almunjid post=70863706][/quote] Dis can only happen at the eastern part on Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by amaniro: 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
[s]SITUATION OF ROADS IN ABA, ABIA STATE, NIGERIA[/s]

we are not talking of Abia here, let's face ambode incompetence for once. Hell! you can't compare Abia to Lagos! even though I know the two gov are incompetent
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by Almunjid(m): 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2018
atilla:

Kai. Please what is this?? It cannot be a road in this country
Unfortunately. It is a road in our country
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by frowland(m): 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
1miccza:

Bros i was at that place some days ago and my office isn't far from there, trust me it's as bad as it looks...

You don't get. That place is the only place that is bad and coupled with the rain which makes it look tricky. The road entirely is old turf, but not so bad as autojosh made it out to be. The picture was taken from a particular spot and he changed his view so unsuspecting readers will think the road is bad from Banire to Akinjobi.
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by umarshehu58(m): 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2018
The roads to most of the Secretariat in Nigeria is almost similar to this.
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by IDERAWOLE(m): 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2018
This is an old picture. Politicians at it again.
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by 1miccza: 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2018
frowland:

You don't get. That place is the only place that is bad and coupled with the rain which makes it look tricky. The road entirely is old turf, but not so bad as autojosh made it out to be. The picture was taken from a particular spot and he changed his view so unsuspecting readers will think the road is bad from Banire to Akinjobi.

Naa i just think AutoJosh is doing the right thing cos this write up will attract the needed attention, there are politicians , ministers, commissioners and all on here and they'll pick up the task ASAP.. As a matter of fact i was thinking of putting up a write up about that place but he beat me to the task..
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by frowland(m): 1:35pm On Sep 03, 2018
1miccza:

Naa i just think AutoJosh is doing the right thing cos this write up will attract the needed attention, there are politicians , ministers, commissioners and all on here and they'll pick up the task ASAP.. As a matter of fact i was thinking of putting up a write up about that place but he beat me to the task..
Ah' okay! I got your point. its all good.
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by 1miccza: 1:37pm On Sep 03, 2018
frowland:

Ah' okay! I got your point. its all good.

That's the spirit bro.. Bless Up..

1 Like

Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by Myself2(m): 1:40pm On Sep 03, 2018
Thanks AutoJosh for once again bringing up a brilliant topic
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by Btruth: 1:49pm On Sep 03, 2018
imagine. Ambode's backyard.
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by emerged01(m): 1:55pm On Sep 03, 2018
Is this not the road in front of that expensive school? If it is the one,op Abeg ignore it. Do you know how much the school is collecting as school fee and they cannot perform social responsibility .
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by Freiburger(m): 2:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
And this is a reserved area cheesy
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by jidabod(m): 4:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
IDERAWOLE:
This is an old picture. Politicians at it again.

You are obviously not well upstairs.

The picture attached by the OP didn't do justice to the terrible state of that road.
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by blazer2018: 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2018
This is too bad...I think Ambode is concentrating more on fixing Ikorodu roads- his LGA...even those around Badagry are lamenting.
Re: The Poor State Of Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA (see Photos) by GogetterMD(m): 5:14pm On Sep 03, 2018
autojosh:
This is Lagos.

Specifically, this is a very important road in Ikeja GRA, Lagos state.

It is the Old Secretariat Road, Ikeja GRA.

Several very important Lagos state institutions are located along this road.

For instance, along this road is home to Lagos state institutions such as the Old State Secretariat which houses several Lagos state agencies and magistrate courts.

Along this road are located the Lagos State High Court, The State Secretariat of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), The Ikeja Police Barrack, the Office Of The Accountant General of Local Governments, the Lagos State Electricity Board, etc.

Ironically, the headquarters of the Lagos State Urban Renewal Authority is located along this road.

Indeed, a lot better is expected from Nigeria’s most progressive state.

https://autojosh.com/see-the-disgraceful-state-of-old-secretariat-road-ikeja-gra-see-photos/

Autojosh, when are you going to do a report on the terrible construction work being done on the Lagos-abeokuta expressway? Looks more like bricklayers than civil engineers handling the construction. Horrible shabby work. For one of the busiest roads in the state, it's quite shocking that some sections of the road has been turned to single lanes especially where overhead bridges are constructed. It's going to be a traffic nightmare (it already is)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos-abuja Bus Fare? / Trailer Kills Yabatech Student In Abule Egba Due To Brake Failure / Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.