Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,511 members, 7,843,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Clueless Abia Govnor Quits Ppa As Party Loses All Governorship Mandates! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clueless Abia Govnor Quits Ppa As Party Loses All Governorship Mandates! (741 Views)

Confusion In APC As Party Suspends Timipre Sylva, Asks Lokpobiri To Resign / Breaking News! Abia2015: Apga Merges With Ppa As Otti Steps Down For Udensi / APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clueless Abia Govnor Quits Ppa As Party Loses All Governorship Mandates! by volasunkan: 1:48am On Jun 30, 2010
Why I quit PPA –Gov. Orji
From CHUKS ONUOHA, Umuahia
Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Goveror Theodore Orji
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Goveror Theodore Orji of Abia State has resigned his membership of the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA) with the intention to join another political party which he will soon make public. In a Government special announcement signed by the Chief Press Secretary, Mr Kingsley Emeruwa, and read on Broadcasting Corporation Of Abia State (BCA), the governor in a formal notice entitled: “Withdrawal of Membership”, dated June 28, 2010, and addressed to his former Ward Chairman in Urban Ward 1, Umuahia North LGA, and copied to the National Chairman, Orji disclosed that his decision to quit PPA was irrevocable.

According to him, it is in response to the yearning of a vast majority of Abians over whom he superintends as governor, and who no longer consider their interest protected within the confines of the party.
He said that the governor had of late been inundated by calls and appeals from thousands of his supporters, urging him to quit the PPA that has been bedeviled with crisis.
This , Emeruwa said, would give him time to continue delivering the promises of his campaign as well as chart a peaceful political course for the people.

A source from the Government House said in the next few days that the governor will make public his new political party which he will stand to contest for his second term bid.
Our source said further that the Chief of Staff to the governor, Mascot Uzor Kalu, had written his letter of resignation to the governor, to intimate him about his intention to leave his government for personal reasons.
It was gathered that Mascot, who is the younger brother to the former governor Orji Uzor Kalu , had concluded plans to return to America from where he came to pick the job of the chief aide to the governor in 2007.

Addressing journalists in Umuahia, the Special Adviser to the governor on Electronic Media, Ugochukwu Emezue, said that the PPA national office erred when it asked the governor to pay all arrears of workers salaries and mend fences with the party’s Board of Trustees (BOT) Chairman, Orji Uzor Kalu.
Emezue said: “The PPA called the governor for a meeting in Abuja, but the governor told them that he was indisposed and will answer them when his health improves. But the governor in his wisdom wrote to them, answering all the issues they raised”.

He said that since they have taken their decision without taking the governor’s written submission into consideration, “the governor is now asking them to release his response to the National Working Committee of the party to the public without delay.”
The governor’s aide noted that his boss had repaired most of the roads in Aba, contrary to what the PPA are saying, while security net work in the commercial city had also improved with compliments from the Federal Government.
Re: Clueless Abia Govnor Quits Ppa As Party Loses All Governorship Mandates! by OAM4J: 2:00am On Jun 30, 2010
Another Godfather-Godson relationship gone bad. Unfortunately Abia is worse for it.

It same old shyt story.
Re: Clueless Abia Govnor Quits Ppa As Party Loses All Governorship Mandates! by volasunkan: 2:34am On Jun 30, 2010
the best solution the man has to the Aba bank robberies and rampant embarrassing cases of kidnapping is to jump from one party to another shopping for a party platform to contest for 2nd term! TUFIAKPA(spitting kelebe with so much angst)
South easterners on nairaland must mobilize people to the plight of leadership failure in the SE and move concretely against these scallywags who had their palm kernels broken by a bad chi.I cant imagine the guy was once a faithful christian brother!
I THANK GOD THE MAN IS NOT MY STATE GOVERNOR.
Re: Clueless Abia Govnor Quits Ppa As Party Loses All Governorship Mandates! by Kobojunkie: 2:36am On Jun 30, 2010
volasunkan:

the best solution the man has to the Aba bank robberies and rampant embarrassing cases of kidnapping is to jump from one party to another shopping for a party platform to contest for 2nd term! [b][size=13pt]TUFIAKPA(spitting kelebe with so much angst)[/size][/b]South easterners on nairaland must mobilize people to the plight of leadership failure in the SE and move concretely against these scallywags who had their palm kernels broken by a bad chi.I cant imagine the guy was once a faithful christian brother!

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Clueless Abia Govnor Quits Ppa As Party Loses All Governorship Mandates! by Nobody: 2:58am On Jun 30, 2010
Ppl are just resigning, getting fired and joining another party these days.

Is this the new trend, is this suppose to change anything?

Nigeria, running around the bush.
Re: Clueless Abia Govnor Quits Ppa As Party Loses All Governorship Mandates! by mbulela: 3:46am On Jun 30, 2010
volasunkan:

the best solution the man has to the Aba bank robberies and rampant embarrassing cases of kidnapping is to jump from one party to another shopping for a party platform to contest for 2nd term! TUFIAKPA(spitting kelebe with so much angst)
South easterners on nairaland must mobilize people to the plight of leadership failure in the SE and move concretely against these scallywags who had their palm kernels broken by a bad chi.I cant imagine the guy was once a faithful christian brother!

i love this post apart from the highlighted part.
i keep singing this like a broken record but i will repeat again;until we sort out our democracy and political system, so that men like these do not find their way into power either by hook or crook,we as a nation are doomed.
I wonder how many people here have passed through Abia state in recent years (i am not even talking of living there.that is a punishment i do not wish on my enemies)?
the place seems to be a war zone devoid of any form of governance.even parts of Afghanistan are better off.there are an average of at least 2 kidnappings every day along the Obehie axis of PH/Aba express road.
Changing party is irrelevant to the vast majority of Abians.
We need to flush out T.A. Orji and Orji Uzor Kalu not forgeting his mother and brothers.
this is not just a case of bad leadership in south east, it is a Nigerian problem.
The chi that cracked the palm kernel of our political elite is a horible,disgusting chi.
Re: Clueless Abia Govnor Quits Ppa As Party Loses All Governorship Mandates! by volasunkan: 10:53pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^^i actually meant the man would ve made me suffer a terminal depression if he is my state governor!I agree totally that the democratic system needs to be transparent and credible.What I need us do is to keep exposing these malfeasance going on.We kept the ibori issue alive until the man jumped from frying pan to fire.Imagine having our own Hall of Shame,exposing their children,families etc feeding fat from the system.post their pictures,phone numbers,addresses in nigeria and abroad.let us keep protesting
Re: Clueless Abia Govnor Quits Ppa As Party Loses All Governorship Mandates! by mbulela: 2:17am On Jul 01, 2010
volasunkan:

^^^i actually meant the man would ve made me suffer a terminal depression if he is my state governor!I agree totally that the democratic system needs to be transparent and credible.What I need us do is to keep exposing these malfeasance going on.We kept the ibori issue alive until the man jumped from frying pan to fire.Imagine having our own Hall of Shame,exposing their children,families etc feeding fat from the system.post their pictures,phone numbers,addresses in nigeria and abroad.let us keep protesting

so the man was your christian brother
wonders,
Re: Clueless Abia Govnor Quits Ppa As Party Loses All Governorship Mandates! by volasunkan: 10:44pm On Jul 03, 2010
^^^so i learnt in church and it was used as a sermon to discourage brothers from embracing politics as currently practised in Nigeria.My preacher was so sad to refer to such an event happening in the faith. sad

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Inter-Tertiary Games: School Officials Commend Fashola / Obasanjo Bribed Lawmakers To Extend Tenure, Says House Leader ! / The Result Of My Research On Nairaland's Politics Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.