Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,363 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live (56646 Views)

Ify Onwuemene Is The Sick Woman Davido Is Looking For, She Has Cancer / Ify Onwuemene Is Sick, Has Cancer, On The Verge Of Dying (photos) / Rachael Bland Is Dead! BBC Presenter Dies Days After Her Cancer Death Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by EmekaBlue(m): 6:44pm On Sep 03, 2018
MrHighSea:
RIP in advance
cheesy grin
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by edgecution(m): 6:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
obembet:

What a great privilege....

Just rededicate you life to Christ, Accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior...

Meanwhile, everyone's days are number too.. Give your life to Christ today.. Tomorrow may be too late

Why do you think it should be Christ? There are approximately over 4,200 religions and faith in the world. Tell me why do you pick just one?

2 Likes

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by babeosisi: 6:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
Funke Adejumo ,daddy GO and Co will soon contact her to sow seed for her healing,

1 Like

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by kokoboy4life(m): 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
omotodun1:

Ha! Your typical Nigerian. How has all the faith that you Nigerians have helped your country?

Do not mind them with all our prayers in Nigeria, the country is still very backward

2 Likes

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2018
Interesting reactions to death from Nigerians.

Death isn't as terrible as it sounds. Your consciousness is being released from the shackles of the flesh.

What matters at that point is if you've always obeyed the Golden Rule.

3 Likes

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by hustla(m): 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2018
moscobabs:
Rachael, I don't believe in Doctor and I don't believe in any Pastor I'm neither a Christian nor Muslim but if you believe in God...you will still have years to live .

My Aunt talk pass u..
We don bury am Feb

Cancer is like a death sentence once it has spread.. You can only say ur goodbyes and pray

Get real
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by omooba969(m): 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2018
obi4eze:
Most likely a Triple Negative Breast Cancer.

Which one be Triple Negative Breast Cancer?
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
sirusX:
Imagine if twas a rich man that found this out....omo na to find out how much be extra life

Money cannor coman waste

And how much money do you think you can buy one second of time for?
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by andyanders: 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2018
This is where Jesus comes in. Many are ignorant of the power of their creator hence they depened on the advise of their doctor. Doctors carries out their jobs but God heals. If the family can take her case to God with faith, her days on earth will be extended. May God see her through In Jesus Name, Amen

2 Likes

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by GGirll: 6:57pm On Sep 03, 2018
iamnavy1:
God help she

What a sentence....God help her you wrote God help she nawao
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by watchindelta(m): 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
Cancer ummm, cancer respect no one. Very bad. I lost my mum to this the same cancrr early this year! The doctors in italy told us my mum gat only 3months to live! Dec,Gen,Feb 25 /2/2018 she give up the ghost. But we no tell my mum oh! Becuz as she go feel know say na only few months to live? Even the best cancer doctor in Italy here na cancer kill the man. Cancer cancer u ummm. B4 the man die he said there is no God. But true there is God.
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by memnon37(m): 7:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
damiloladuke:
BBC news presenter Rachael Bland has revealed she only has days left to live having been diagnosed with cancer in 2016.

The journalist, who has been at the BBC for more than 15 years, has been widely praised for the You Me and The Big C podcast following her breast cancer treatment.

But in a statement on Twitter Monday afternoon, she wrote:

"In the words of the legendary Frank S - I’m afraid the time has come my friends. And suddenly. I’m told I’ve only got days.

"It’s very surreal. Thank you so much for all the support I’ve received. Debs and Lozz will continue with the You Me and The Big C podcast. Au revoir my friends."

Cardiff-born Rachael Bland, who lives in Cheshire, was told in May of this year that her cancer was incurable and said her hopes rested with a clinical trial.

But two months on, a scan revealed her cancer had spread further.

Former BBC Radio 5 Live presenter Richard Bacon was among those to send their support to Bland on social media.

He tweeted:

"Days. Devastating. Rachael I know saying I'm thinking of you (and our magnificent time together on air, especially all that late night fun) doesn't change anything.

"But I am and I'm so very sorry. Your podcast has helped change the way people talk about all this. You're wonderful."

Presenter and four-time Olympic rowing champion Matthew Pinsent posted:

"Bravery, professionalism, humour in one tweet."

https://lailasnews.com/bbc-presenter-down-with-cancer-rachael-bland-reveals-she-has-days-to-live/

NEVER A SICKNESS JESUS CANNOT HEAL...COME JESUS AWAITS YOUR FAITH

2 Likes

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by omooba969(m): 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
golddust6000:
Only this week i have seen three white people who die on cancer. Why are white people always diagnosed with cancer? What might be the curse? Doctor in the house pls help me out.

They predominantly live on Genetically Modified foods and the life style of most of them can be referred to as eccentric. When they drink, they binge on it. When they smoke, they outshine the chimney. They do drugs alot as well.

The dependence on medical drugs is alarming Which in turn affects body cell with chemical reactions.

For some, it's hereditary though, it's in the family lineage. cool

1 Like

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by sweetilicious(f): 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
Shelloween:
I don't think there is a more Beautiful way to die.... knowing how long you have left. A chance to repent, reconcile and say your goodbyes. Not everyone gets that.
OMG! I pray miracle will happen to her. Amen

1 Like

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by okwabayi(m): 7:09pm On Sep 03, 2018
This cancer is like a debt one must pay back. In most cases it finds a way to claim the victim by hook or crook. I'm beginning to believe it is a natural death some people must go through.
One may have a kidney cancer scare, cut off the affected one only for it to catch the second one. The person then opts for a transplant, that issue is fixed for the time-being. Two months later the person goes for a scan to see the cancer has resurfaced, this time affecting the liver. The person cuts the infected portion off. A few months later it affects the lungs, another cut session. It'll keep going, affecting different parts of the body until a crucial organ is eventually affected.
The patient will finally come to the realization that this ailment is the only end of life s/he was destined for, no amount of cuts or medicine can change the fact.
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by thundey2(m): 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
MrHighSea:
RIP in advance
Something is wrong with you

1 Like

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
Yes, but is Trump invited?
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by Ugosample(m): 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
omooba969:

They predominantly live on Genetically Modified foods and the life style of most of them can be referred to as eccentric. When they drink, they binge on it. When they smoke, they outshine the chimney. They do drugs alot as well.

The dependence on medical drugs is alarming Which in turn affects body cell with chemical reactions.

So so many Africans die of cancer too

But three things

1) They don't know they have cancer

2) We don't have adequate statistics to know how many for from it and

3) Over religiosity.
Some believe their criminal religious leaders and not take treatment
instead they are drinking agbo or sleeping in church

one needs to be grateful for the gift of life

2 Likes

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by AlphaStyles(m): 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
May her pending soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by RexTramadol1: 7:13pm On Sep 03, 2018
ElRapido:
That was how they told Stephen Hawking that his days were numbered at 22 but he defiled all odds to die to 70+.

U mean defied? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by omooba969(m): 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2018
Ugosample:

So so many Africans die of cancer too

But three things

1) They don't know they have cancer

2) We don't have adequate statistics to know how many for from it and

3) Over religiosity.
Some believe their criminal religious leaders and not take treatment
instead they are drinking agbo or sleeping in church

one needs to be grateful for the gift of life

Not enough awareness in Africa I agree.
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by smileyoo: 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2018
this is one of my many misgivings about medical science, they help people to shut up their faith on the ability of God their creator. few yrs back that was how they condemned one of my muslim friend to death, based on their asumption that the typhoid 've eaten deep into his system. but he was lucky to 've listened to my suggestion to follow me to church for prayers, that's how he received his healings after just few minutes of prayers. today he is still a healthy living man, after more than 15yrs of been condemned to death by the doctors. if only somebody could inspire this lady to place her faith in God, she 'll disappoint the doctors.

2 Likes

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by Ehibiggirl(f): 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
Shelloween:
I don't think there is a more Beautiful way to die.... knowing how long you have left. A chance to repent, reconcile and say your goodbyes. Not everyone gets that.
n the end she may just survive and live to die like every one else who can't tell when or how.

1 Like

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by ElRapido: 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2018
RexTramadol1:

U mean defied? grin grin grin grin
Thanks for pointing that out
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by okwabayi(m): 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2018
omooba969:

They predominantly live on Genetically Modified foods
It is only an unexposed person who will believe white people are the main consumers of GMO. I can beat my chest to say we Africans consume it in one way or the other. We may consume it in less portions but we still do anyway.
I honestly write it off as a cause.
We eat canned and processed foods just the same way they do. I suspect those. However some cavemen caught cancer so I believe it will affect people either way. Cavemen lived long before GMO, processed foods and modern brewing methods.

When they drink, they binge on it. When they smoke, they outshine the chimney. They do drugs alot as well.
This is another possible cause.

This is the worst: it means one is prone to catching it although it gives a window for the person to counter the incoming type early.
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by omooba969(m): 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2018
okwabayi:
This cancer is like a debt one must pay back. In most cases it finds a way to claim the victim by hook or crook. I'm beginning to believe it is a natural death some people must go through.
One may have a kidney cancer scare, cut off the affected only for it to catch the second one. The person then opts for a transplant, that issue is fixed for the time-being. Two months later the person goes for a scan only to see the cancer has resurfaced, this time affecting the liver. The person cuts the infected portion off. A few months later it affects the lungs, another cut session. It'll keep going affecting different parts of the body until a crucial organ is eventually affected.
The patient will finally come to the realization that this ailment is the only end of life s/he was destined for, no amount of cuts or medicine can change the fact.

Looool cheesy cheesy cheesy

Person go just cut all him body parts finish. grin cheesy

Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by excel101(m): 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2018
People keep saying she should give her as if they know that she's not born again. The question is whose report would she believe? Now that medical has failed her, Rachel Bland should look up to God that "He's strong in our weakness" at the moment her faith is down, all she needs now is a man of God with the gift of healing, to heal her.
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by Adakintroy: 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
ednut1:
everyman must die. God created humans prone to cancer and diseases

We are not prone to cancer. Our world is too saturated with toxic. And we not eating enough organic foods. Physical labour work that promote healthy immune system has been replace by techs and marchine.

Everything is now being reverse. If scientist were to tell the truth, what happens to commerce and industries.

This is not a conspiracy theory this is simple the truth that scientist will tell you in many yrs to come. You know.."new research shows blah blah."

I pray God heal her. As for you. Learn to have faith in God. You have no ideal what he can do. Non!
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by omooba969(m): 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
okwabayi:

It is only an unexposed person who will believe only white people consume GMO. I can beat my chest we Africans consume it in one way or the other. We may consume it in less portions but we still do anyway.
I honestly write it off as the cause.
We eat can and processed foods just the same way they do. I suspect those. However some cavemen caught cancer so I believe it will affect people either way. Cavemen lived long before GMO, processed foods and modern brewing methods.

Please go online and research the link between GM foods and cancer. Whatever you learn there please come back here and share with us.

@bolded - write it off at your own risk. cool
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by swaggprofessor(m): 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2018
damiloladuke:
BBC news presenter Rachael Bland has revealed she only has days left to live having been diagnosed with cancer in 2016.

The journalist, who has been at the BBC for more than 15 years, has been widely praised for the You Me and The Big C podcast following her breast cancer treatment.

But in a statement on Twitter Monday afternoon, she wrote:

"In the words of the legendary Frank S - I’m afraid the time has come my friends. And suddenly. I’m told I’ve only got days.

"It’s very surreal. Thank you so much for all the support I’ve received. Debs and Lozz will continue with the You Me and The Big C podcast. Au revoir my friends."

Cardiff-born Rachael Bland, who lives in Cheshire, was told in May of this year that her cancer was incurable and said her hopes rested with a clinical trial.

But two months on, a scan revealed her cancer had spread further.

Former BBC Radio 5 Live presenter Richard Bacon was among those to send their support to Bland on social media.

He tweeted:

"Days. Devastating. Rachael I know saying I'm thinking of you (and our magnificent time together on air, especially all that late night fun) doesn't change anything.

"But I am and I'm so very sorry. Your podcast has helped change the way people talk about all this. You're wonderful."

Presenter and four-time Olympic rowing champion Matthew Pinsent posted:

"Bravery, professionalism, humour in one tweet."

https://lailasnews.com/bbc-presenter-down-with-cancer-rachael-bland-reveals-she-has-days-to-live/

Y r cnn presenters just dying anyhow. Endtime tv statoon
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 03, 2018
sad
Re: 'Death Has Come': Rachael Bland Has Cancer, Has Days To Live by andyanders: 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
smileyoo:
this is one of my many misgivings about medical science, they help people to shut up their faith on the ability of God their creator. few yrs back that was how they condemned one of my muslim friend to death, based on their asumption that the typhoid 've eaten deep into his system. but he was lucky to 've listened to my suggestion to follow me to church for prayers, that's how he received his healings after just few minutes of prayers. today he is still a healthy living man, after more than 15yrs of been condemned to death by the doctors. if only somebody could inspire this lady to place her faith in God, she 'll disappoint the doctors.
Exactly on point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eric Arubayi's Post On Instagram Before His Death (Photos) / Mr Macaroni Poses With His NYSC Certificate As He Passes Out / Iceberg Slim Speaks After Juliet Ibrahim Confirmed Breakup With Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.