Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

2011: Okotie Declares Intention To Run For Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Okotie Declares Intention To Run For Presidency (609 Views)

Poll: Do you think He should contest?

Yes: 16% (1 vote)
No: 16% (1 vote)
Maybe: 0% (0 votes)
He'll make a fool of himself again: 66% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Chuka Umunna Declares Intention To Run For Labour Leadership In UK / BREAKING: Julius Agwu Declares Intention To Run For Governorship Seat In 2015 / Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011: Okotie Declares Intention To Run For Presidency by vandops(m): 7:20am On Jun 30, 2010
Popular Lagos based man of God and founder of the Household of God Church, Rev. Chris Okotie, on Tuesday, made a formal declaration of his intention to run for the esteemed position of President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the 2011 general election.

Rev. Okotie while making a formal declaration at the secretariat of the Fresh Democratic Party (FDP), on Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja, in Lagos, said that his aspiration was a divine call to duty, to salvage the country from inept, corrupt and purposeless leadership of the ruling party.

He added that, “Without doubt, I remain fully persuaded that only the emergence of a credible, visionary and progressive government can usher in a new Nigeria of our dream. And I am confident that I represent these ideals and, with my fresh agenda, we can create a new nation, a new Nigeria, which would take its rightful place in the comity of nations.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/7562-2011-okotie-declares-intention-to-run-for-presidency

When will he learn?
Re: 2011: Okotie Declares Intention To Run For Presidency by Acidosis(m): 7:58am On Jun 30, 2010
Sometimes I get confused about the ambition of this man although I'm lucidly aware of his political realities, but how long is he going to link church duties and God with his contemptous politics. "God is not a man that he should lie."
I only pity the scarmongers in his congregation, for wasting their precious votes!
Re: 2011: Okotie Declares Intention To Run For Presidency by vandops(m): 9:33am On Jun 30, 2010
whats the guarantee that even his church members vote for him? I just see him as someone who has lost his purpose or calling and just abusing d church, Like i voted, he'll make a fool of himself AGAIN
Re: 2011: Okotie Declares Intention To Run For Presidency by Acidosis(m): 10:38am On Jun 30, 2010
^^^lol
Re: 2011: Okotie Declares Intention To Run For Presidency by Spyker: 11:00am On Jun 30, 2010
Politics and Pastoring are far from each other. How many Pastors have you seen as Leaders all around the world. I can't remember any.
Okotie should focus on winning souls for God instead of venturing into politics.
Re: 2011: Okotie Declares Intention To Run For Presidency by vandops(m): 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2010
Spyker:

Politics and Pastoring are far from each other. How many Pastors have you seen as Leaders all around the world. I can't remember any.
Okotie should focus on winning souls for God instead of venturing into politics.

Word!!

(1) (Reply)

There Has Been No Election In Nigeria Where Region Has Been A Real Factor / U Can Now Have Access On My Page, Www.omoladesuccess.yolasite.com / Police Get First Female Dig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.