Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 (3616 Views)

How Dasuki Shared N30b 'Loot' To PDP, Reps, Anenih, Senator Ayu - The Nation / Chuka Umunna Declares Intention To Run For Labour Leadership In UK / 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by oladayo042: 10:57am On Aug 30, 2010
FORMER Senate president in the aborted Third Republic and three times minister, Dr. Iyorchia Ayu, has indicated his intention to run for the 2011 presidential election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Ayu, who unveiled his plans for the polls at the weekend in what he called a family meeting with his supporters in his Gboko home in Benue State, said he has finished “apprenticeship in politics”, having served as the Director-General of former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s campaign organisation and produced him as the President, as well as contributed to the formation and sustenance of the PDP.

His words: “I have completed my apprenticeship in politics and I am now ready to serve. I have paid my dues adequately, having served as number three citizen and having served as the DG, campaign organisation for President Obasanjo in 1999 and produced him as the president. I have also been contributing over the years, in the making of leaders at all levels.

“But most importantly, I was actively involved in the formation of the PDP and have been contributing in sustaining it. The party is not just the ruling party in Nigeria but the largest in Africa.”

The leader of the Northern Elites, a group that has insisted on zoning and power shift to the North against the recent resolution of the Northern Governors’ Forum meeting held in Kaduna, who spoke in Tiv, insisted that zoning has come to stay with the people and must be allowed to be.

Ayu said he was still making consultations in very high places and will, very soon, make public his ambition.

He urged the people to remain calm and await the next line of action.

By Jeremiah Tyosase, Makurdi

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66558:ayu-declares-intention-to-vie-for-presidency-in-2011-&catid=672:top-stories&Itemid=794
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by Honeyboy09(m): 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2010
Na so everybody want run for presidency , Only to Loot money and store in foreign countries,
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by slap1(m): 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2010
Na wa o, so this man is still alive somewhere?
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by usmanite: 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2010
he better go and look 4 a place where he belongs, he is too old,
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by Ournaija: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2010
All you my Nairaland supporters should remain calm coz I will declare my intention to run for the Presidency soon. grin grin grin grin

No shaking cool cool
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by otokx(m): 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2010
Its like there is money to be shared to people that declare their presidential intention.
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by Mkpotu(m): 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2010
Opportunistic politicians!!!!!!!!
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by dafman10(m): 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2010
otokx:

Its like there is money to be shared to people that declare their presidential intention.

My broda right on spot. Me go soon declare too. At least at the end of the day i will be settled lol
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by ud4u: 2:29pm On Aug 30, 2010
Niger area, many more are on the way, the fact is that we have not seen any credible candidate yet.
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by Ajike: 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2010
so whats his achievement now? whats his contribution to the development of this country? he served as no 3 so wot? he supported Obasanjo,he co-founded PDP, so wot do we gain or learn from this now? besides is it all this rubish that make him think he qualify to be no1 man, pisss! these pple self!
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by wales(m): 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2010
I'm very sorry for you for people from your local area will not even vote for you at all grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by shesmondD: 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2010
Na wa o. the need to sitdown and re- think. no bi only you dey this country fucking old man.
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by shesmondD: 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2010
Na wa o.Senator Ayu need to sitdown and re- think. no bi only you dey this country fucking old man.
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by Ayowumie(m): 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2010
otokx:

It seems so my brother. There is so much loose money in Nigerian politics. I had better declared my intention too o jare
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by monkeyleg: 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2010
but why not, he is just as qualified as the other desports in PDP, so why not. Please let him do as he pleases, that way we confirm the true state of that wretched party.
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by GoldCircle: 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2010
make him go siddon! Hungry politician! e get moni
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by vicero(m): 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2010
why una dey tackle the man now, he said he has money to waste, let him,
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by sbeezy8: 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2010
lol northerners go soon split their own votes
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by anitabest(f): 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2010
what ever.
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2010
Another slowpoke joins the bandwagon,just to make sure his dull name is heard.
Ask the dullard what his manifesto is,and you'll be shocked.
Let the old idiot go and sleep.He's one of the people who led us to where we are at present.
Maybe his mother's kinsmen will vote for him.
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by HamidO1(m): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2010
This man na mumu of the highest degree, believe me
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by md4real(m): 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2010
this guy cant even win a senatorial seat. well, everything goes in Nigeria!
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by Donpuk(m): 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2010
Who send am,even if im like,mek im vie 4d office of d 1st lady,dat one is more lucrative coz of bottom power immunity,
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by kobikwelu(m): 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2010
another pawn sent forth by the powers that be to test the waters and get feedback
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2010
Just waking up from political hibernation. . .who go vote for am sef ?
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by btlasisi(m): 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2010
I think the man has not done anything wrong to deserve all these negative out pours.

As for me oh, Ayim is still one of decent politicians we have in Nigeria today.

Let me throw this poser to you all. Who do you prefer to be your president if you have only two choices between Ayim and Jonathan?
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by seanet02: 4:28pm On Aug 30, 2010
he/she is bound to fail, ayu or what did she/he called his/her name. Note that someone not known very well bt seanet02 can not win any election in this Niger Area
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by btlasisi(m): 4:31pm On Aug 30, 2010
Sorry i am mistaking Ayim as Ayu. their name self dey look alike but Ayu still no dey bad
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by LeStylo: 4:32pm On Aug 30, 2010
Haba! Even if we dey count animal wey get HORN, no be like SNAIL nah!
Oga Ayu, why u dey fall my hand?!
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by shakara4u(m): 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2010
this mumu still dey alie?he followed Atiku to AC an could not even win his ward, abi na deliver them(politicians)d call am, now he wants to go for president!!!!!!!!!!!mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!his just playing the script Atiku wrote for him, olodo!!
Re: Ayu Declares Intention To Vie For Presidency In 2011 by Kennyblues(m): 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2010
We have too many Baba Sala and Baba Suwe in PDP grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! / Haleluya! Samboribobo! After 9 Months, Useless Gov Aregbesola Chooses Cabinet / Gov. Fayemi Inaugurates N1bn Hospital Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.