Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Who Is Your Child's Mentor? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Who Is Your Child's Mentor? (233 Views)

DICE Mentor Program (cohort 3) Call For Mentees Application / A Data Analysis / Science Tutor And Mentor / A Mentor Is Needed Please!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Your Child's Mentor? by Hegela(m): 8:36pm On Sep 03, 2018
I was in the kitchen one evening and I saw two children (a male and female) going over the lyrics of one of Olamide Badoo's songs. These children should be around 8-12 years old. The boy was rapping and the girl was rubbing her hands around his body in a sensual way. I don't know if they are related or not; my major concern today is the content of songs, videos and movies our children listen, watch and react to!

I have come across videos online where at a children's party, some would be seen dancing sexually and erotically! Ayam not understanding o! Funny thing is, at that age we were busy singing: 'clap your hands and praise the Lord...'! Anything that suggested nudity was a taboo!

If a 10 year old child is already dancing sexually and erotically at this prime and formative age, what would become of her at 18?? We have kids of 13 years of age already having boyfriends! We've read of 15 years old girls who got pregnant and gave birth!

Brethren, colour this as much as you like, give explanations to try and convince anyone if you can, but one thing remains and that is the fact that this is grossly wrong and a total aberration!!

Even if you don't have a biological child today, you sure will have one in the nearest future! Even if you choose not to, you have a relative, friend or neighbour who has a child - therefore, indirectly they become your responsibility!

Our moral sanity as a nation is nosediving on a per second billing, faster than the units of a Prepaid Meter having a 2HP (non-energy saving) Air Conditioner connected to it and the foundation of all these maladies befalling us as a people is the home, our homes!

Don't blame the lady twerking naked on the TV! Please don't blame our sons and daughters who have chosen the path of becoming 'Baby Mamas' and 'Baby Papas'! Blame the mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, uncles, aunties, friends and neighbours who saw things going wrong ab initio and either kept mute or encouraged them saying 'it is what they are seeing on TV ooo'! Let's accept this, somehow we have played a part in where we have fallen to as a people!

But we must arise and secure the future generations! We must arise and set things straight. We must stand up and apply the rod where it is suitable! Yes! You heard me - apply the rod! This is Nigeria!

The current age of that child is key to what and who the child would become in the future. Please do not waste these formative years of your child. Please.

Teach them morality!
Make them understand the beauty of covering themselves up!
Expose them to the values they should place on their bodies.
Tell them about the good but less travelled path!
Above all, lead them to Christ!
And no matter what happens, no matter what age that child has attained, never stop praying for him/her!

God help us all!

I call you blessed beyond measure! This month of September is declared a Month of Divine Remembrance for you and yours! This day, receive a delivery of all God has ever promised you in Jesus Name! Amen.

God bless you excessively!

PS:
If you'll like to receive Jesus into your life please say this prayer: "Father I acknowledge that I am a sinner, that Jesus died for me, and that You raised Him from the dead. Father please forgive me. I accept Jesus today as my Lord and my Savior. Amen!

#AlegehPrince
#TheSage!

(1) (Reply)

We Deliver Best #SPECTACULAR Website Design For Your Business Or Brand / Massive Recruitment At Drury Industries Limited 2018 | Apply Now / Boost Your Career By Studying Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.