Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,352 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Looking For A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Looking For A Job? (608 Views)

When Did You Get A Job Offer After An Interview? / How To Turn A Rejection Into A Job Opportunity / I Just Got A Job At Royal Exchange Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Job? by boyjo: 11:21am On Sep 04, 2018
I read this on Linkedin and thought to share.

BY: Oleg Vishnepolsky

Looking for a job?
Here are 4 things to do.

1. Keep telling yourself that things are going to work out, even if you don't know yet how. That optimism will give you energy and will make yourself more marketable. What you believe in will ultimately become reality.

2. Take every rejection as - it is their loss, not yours. Because it is !

3. Knock on as many doors as you can. It is a number game. I applied to 1,000 jobs before I got my first. All on a typewriter with individualized cover letters. Keep networking. Opposite of "networking" is "not working".

4. Write a LinkedIn post, mention desired position, geo and a couple things about yourself. Keep it short. Tag a few people from your network. We will support you. It takes 2 seconds for others to put a like and a comment on your post. That's such a small price for us to pay for you to get a job. Everyone should support you. That's what LinkedIn is for !

5. Good things happen in God's perfect time. Be patient. I know it is stressful and emotionally draining to look for a job. You are fighting against the paper pushing machine. You may even feel you are all alone in this. Let me assure you that you are not alone. Each one of us stared in the abyss of unemployment. It is our collective responsibility to help you.
Keep going !

2 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job? by horlumightyy(m): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2018
Thanks OP, for this educative and inspiring post. God bless you
Re: Looking For A Job? by boyjo: 9:19am On Sep 05, 2018
horlumightyy:
Thanks OP, for this educative and inspiring post. God bless you

Amen. God bless you too. smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

Needed For Immediate Employment - Sales/business Development Officer / Experienced Call Centre Agents Needed Urgently / Ad Hoc Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.